Rumour Has It: Traore could leave Wolves for Barcelona or Tottenham

By Sports Desk January 18, 2022

Barcelona remain determined to strengthen their squad despite financial constraints and could be ready to move for Adama Traore.

It appears the Wolves winger may be sold this month as Bruno Lage's men have already secured a potential replacement.

Any Barca deal would be complicated by interest from Tottenham, however – assuming they are prepared to match Wolves' demands.


TOP STORY – TOTTENHAM, BARCELONA ON ALERT AS WOLVES READY TO SELL TRAORE

Adama Traore could leave Wolves in January, and Barcelona and Tottenham are both interested in the winger, according to the Daily Star.

Wolves have previously insisted they want to keep the Spain international, but Monday's signing of Portugal Under-21s international Chiquinho could open the door for Traore's exit.

Spurs are keen but their proposed loan until the end of the season is not something Bruno Lage's side are prepared to accept, as they are holding out for a £25million sale.

Barca have been linked with the 25-year-old but they must be careful of their spending due to their financial problems.


ROUND-UP

Barcelona are determined to bring in a striker this month and Alvaro Morata remains the top target, according to Marca. However, negotiations with Juventus have proved difficult.

– It appears Dusan Vlahovic may not be leaving Fiorentina yet after all. Gianluca Di Marzio reports the Arsenal and Juventus target will be kept until the end of the season.

Manchester United have turned their attention to signing John McGinn from Aston Villa, but not until the close-season, the Telegraph says.

– Meanwhile, United striker Anthony Martial does not want to join another English club, leaving BarcaJuventus and Sevilla as his main options, Fabrizio Romano reports.

– Newcastle United's bid to sign a new centre-back took a blow as Monaco rejected their £33.4m (€40m) bid for Benoit Badiashile, L'Equipe claims.

– A striker is also on Newcastle's shopping list and they have launched a £25m (€30m) offer for Atalanta's Duvan Zapata, the Daily Record says.

Related items

  • 'He was miles off it!' – Grealish teases Bernardo Silva after Man City's title-winning comeback 'He was miles off it!' – Grealish teases Bernardo Silva after Man City's title-winning comeback

    Ilkay Gundogan came off the bench to inspire Manchester City to the win that secured the Premier League title on Sunday, but spare a thought for Bernardo Silva.

    Gundogan came on in the 68th minute, just before Philippe Coutinho made it 2-0 to Aston Villa, as it looked like City would let the title slip from their grasp.

    But in scenes comparable to their incredible win over QPR on the final day of the 2011-12 season, City scored three goals in the space of five minutes and 37 seconds to turn the game on its head.

    Gundogan scored twice, either side of Rodri's equaliser, to seal his name in City folklore.

    It was Silva who made way for Gundogan and, while celebrating his first Premier League title in style, it would seem a rather jolly Jack Grealish could not resist having a friendly jibe at his team-mate.

    Having taken the microphone from Kyle Walker, who had been busy eulogising about John Stones, Grealish said on City's official live stream of the open-top bus parade through Manchester: "Do you know what, I said earlier on the coach, it's been brilliant to win my first title.

    "I want to thank everyone, but the main person I want to thank is Bernardo Silva for coming off in the 70th minute, because he was miles off it yesterday!"

    Grealish seemed intent on being the life of the party, also quipping that Pep Guardiola had signed him because he is the only player capable of beating Walker in a one-v-one, though the England international is probably fortunate that City do not have training to focus on any time soon. He may just have a sore head come Tuesday morning.

  • Man Utd owner Glazer on Ten Hag: 'We know he'll do a great job' Man Utd owner Glazer on Ten Hag: 'We know he'll do a great job'

    Manchester United are in good hands with Erik ten Hag, according to one of the club's owners, Avram Glazer.

    Ten Hag has been appointed as United's new manager, replacing interim boss Ralf Rangnick.

    The former Ajax coach was in attendance as United lost to Crystal Palace in their final Premier League game of the season on Sunday, and he started work on Monday.

    United have not won the title since Alex Ferguson's final season in 2012-13, though they did finish as runners-up under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in the 2020-21 campaign.

    That has led to frustration among the supporters, with numerous protests against the Glazer's ownership having been staged this season.

    Questioned by Sky News at the World Economic Forum in Davos on Monday, Glazer backed Ten Hag as the right selection, while also insisting money has "always" been spent to improve the squad, despite fan criticism.

    "That's why we hired him, we know he'll do a great job," said Glazer.

    He added that "we've always spent the money necessary to buy new players" when asked if funds would be available for Ten Hag ahead of next season.

    Commenting on United's dismal campaign, which saw them finish sixth with their lowest ever Premier League points tally (58), Glazer said: "It is a disappointing season, a disappointing season for everyone, and we're going to work hard to make next season a better season."

  • Former T&T striker Stern John appointed head coach of St Lucia's national team ahead of Nations League campaign Former T&T striker Stern John appointed head coach of St Lucia's national team ahead of Nations League campaign

    Former Trinidad and Tobago striker Stern John has been appointed head coach of the St Lucia Senior Football team. The St Lucia Football Association confirmed the appointment on Sunday.

© 2022 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.