Rumour Has It: Lewandowski wants Madrid move, Vlahovic eyes Juve and Man Utd chase Haaland

By Sports Desk December 02, 2021

Is Robert Lewandowski's time at Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich coming to an end?

Lewandowski has called Bayern home since arriving from Borussia Dortmund in 2014.

However, the 33-year-old Poland international is reportedly ready for a new challenge.

 

TOP STORY – LEWANDOWSKI SET ON MADRID MOVE

Bayern Munich star Robert Lewandowski has ordered his agent to finalise a transfer to LaLiga giants Real Madrid, according to Diario AS.

Lewandowski has repeatedly excelled for Bayern, where he has broken numerous records, while he was unfortunate not to win the 2021 Ballon d'Or.

Previously linked with a move to the Premier League, Lewandowski appears to be set on a switch to Madrid, where his former team-mate David Alaba now calls home.

 

ROUND-UP

- Tuttosport claims Fiorentina want to sell Dusan Vlahovic abroad but the Serbia international is not interested in Arsenal as he eyes Juventus. Vlahovic has also been linked with Manchester City, Manchester United, Inter, Atletico Madrid, Tottenham and Bayern. It comes as Sky Sport Italia says Fiorentina are close to signing Lille forward Jonathan Ikone.

- Interim United manager Ralf Rangnick will try to convince Erling Haaland to leave Dortmund for Old Trafford, per Bild. Rangnick and Haaland worked together at Salzburg. Haaland is a player in demand amid interest from Madrid, Barcelona, Juve, Bayern, City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Paris Saint-Germain. Since Rangnick's arrival, United have also been linked with RB Leipzig pair Christopher Nkunku and Amadou Haidara, as well as Chelsea forward Timo Werner.

- Record reports Dortmund are keen on Benfica and Uruguay attacker Darwin Nunez amid uncertainty over the future of Haaland.

- Premier League champions City have scouted Bologna and Sweden sensation Mattias Svanberg, according to Nicolo Schira.

Related items

  • Bournemouth appoint O'Neil as head coach on permanent basis after interim role Bournemouth appoint O'Neil as head coach on permanent basis after interim role

    Bournemouth have announced the appointment of Gary O'Neil as the club's head coach, following a stint as interim boss.

    The 39-year-old has penned an 18-month contract with the Cherries, with the option to extend for a further year, having taken charge of 12 matches this season since stepping up from his role as first-team coach.

    Bournemouth lost three of their opening four games in the Premier League, including a 9-0 hammering against Liverpool, and axed Scott Parker from his position before O'Neil swiftly steadied the ship.

    A six-match unbeaten streak marked the start of O'Neil's tenure, though that was followed by four defeats in a row.

    However, Bournemouth secured back-to-back wins against Everton in the EFL Cup and Premier League before the season paused for the World Cup in Qatar and O'Neil has now been given the job on a permanent basis, despite rumours the club had been speaking to Marcelo Bielsa.

    "Gary did an excellent job on an interim basis and the board are delighted to make his position as head coach permanent," chief executive Neill Blake said.

    "We have been impressed with the way he has conducted himself from the moment he joined the club and feel he has earned this opportunity to continue to take the team and the club forward."

    Bournemouth return to action with an EFL Cup tie against Newcastle United on December 21, before resuming their Premier League campaign six days later against Chelsea.

  • Japan 0-1 Costa Rica: Fuller strike leaves World Cup door ajar for Germany Japan 0-1 Costa Rica: Fuller strike leaves World Cup door ajar for Germany

    Costa Rica produced a late smash and grab to beat Japan 1-0 on Sunday, giving themselves and Germany a potential route back into the World Cup in the process.

    A listless contest that looked set to become the sixth stalemate of the tournament so far finally produced something of note when Keysher Fuller curled a shot into the top-left corner with nine minutes remaining.

    Japan had largely been the better side, particularly in the second half, but Costa Rica took the lead with their first shot on target of the tournament.

    The result leaves both teams on three points heading into the final games, with Germany now in with a chance of progressing to the knockout stage with a win against Costa Rica in their final game whatever their result against Spain later on Sunday.


    The only real moment of note in a tentative first half came when Ritsu Doan fizzed a low ball across the six-yard box from the right, but there were no Japan players on hand to get on the end of it.

    Takuma Asano came on at half-time and the change nearly yielded an immediate impact as his touch to Hidemasa Morita 25 seconds into the second period led to the latter having the first shot on target of the contest, with Keylor Navas diving to his left to palm it away.

    Japan showed more intent to go and win the game in the second half, with Yuki Soma first cutting inside from the left and firing high and wide, before putting a free-kick from the edge of the box over the bar.

    The surprise moment came in the 81st minute though as a poor Japan clearance saw the ball come to Yeltsin Tejeda, who played in Fuller to shoot, with Japanese goalkeeper Shuichi Gonda getting stuck under the ball and failing to keep it out.

  • Ghana coach Addo always expected Son to make the grade Ghana coach Addo always expected Son to make the grade

    Ghana coach Otto Addo always anticipated Son Heung-min would go on to have a great career, as he hailed the South Korea captain's character and discipline.

    Korea face Ghana in their second World Cup Group H match on Monday.

    While Korea drew 0-0 with Uruguay, in a game that saw only one shot on target, Ghana lost 3-2 to Portugal in a thriller at Stadium 974.

    Son recovered from an eye injury to feature in Korea's opening game in Qatar, though the Tottenham forward is having to wear a protective facemask.

    And Addo, who worked with Son during his stint as a coach of Hamburg's youth team between 2009 and 2015, said he identified the attacker's potential early on.

    "We will try to stop every attacker. We did it well against Portugal, mostly," Addo said in a press conference on Sunday.

    "Son is a very good player, operates between the lines and has a very good shot. I had the pleasure to have him [when I was] under-19 coach at Hamburg.

    "Very good character, he's hard working, I really like his character, he is very, very disciplined, he became so good because he worked so hard for it.

    "This is what I hope for him, and expected. You can't predict everything, especially in youth players but I saw something in him, so I proposed him to the first team squad.

    "For sure, he did well there and has had a great career. I always wish him all the best, except for tomorrow.

    "I am happy for him that he's healthy again, or that he can play at least. We will stop him together as a team. This is what we tried to do against Portugal. It’s always about closing gaps, closing spaces and we do that together as a team."

    Defeat at Education City Stadium would condemn Ghana to an early exit, though a victory might lift them as high as second in the group by the end of the day, depending on the outcome of Portugal's meeting with Uruguay.

    Korea would move top of Group H with a win, and coach Paulo Bento is confident Son, who had just one attempt in the draw with Uruguay, will be fully firing.

    "Because he was recently injured and he was also adapting, trying to get used to wearing the mask," Bento said of Son's performance against Uruguay.

    "He needed to feel at ease with his team-mates and the opponents. From his viewpoint, I think the second game will be different, he's been able to play 90 minutes."

© 2022 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.