Chelsea and Man Utd target Tchouameni inspired by Pogba and Kante

By Sports Desk August 30, 2021

Aurelien Tchouameni said he is inspired by Paul Pogba and N'Golo Kante as the Monaco sensation continues to be linked with Chelsea and Manchester United.

Tchouameni is reportedly wanted by Premier League giants Chelsea and United following his exploits in Ligue 1.

Before the weekend's fixtures, the 21-year-old midfielder ranked first in possessions won (209) and tackles won (52) in the top five European leagues in 2021, while he was tied for fifth in duels won (221).

Tchouameni's performances under Niko Kovac earned a France call-up for the first time as Les Bleus face Bosnia-Herzegovina in a World Cup qualifier on Wednesday before continuing their road to Qatar 2022 against Ukraine on Saturday and Finland on September 7.

Amid speculation over his future heading into the international break, Tchouameni was asked about his inspirations, and he told reporters: "I followed a lot what [United midfielder] Paul [Pogba] was doing. Since he started his career.

"Now I have the chance to be with him and [Chelsea midfielder] N'Golo [Kante]. They are players who are very successful at their clubs, so I try to see what they do and take inspiration from their strong characteristics.

"There are also some players I didn't get to see play at the time, like Patrick Vieira. Foreign players too, like [Manchester City and Belgium midfielder] Kevin De Bruyne. I try to look at everything that is good in the midfield and their characteristics to inspire me."

Meanwhile, France head coach Didier Deschamps will be without Dayot Upamecano for the three World Cup qualifiers after the Bayern Munich centre-back suffered a right thigh injury.

Upamecano has been replaced in the squad by Barcelona defender Clement Lenglet.

Related items

  • Caicedo transfer plea a 'mistake' but De Zerbi casts doubt over Brighton's stance Caicedo transfer plea a 'mistake' but De Zerbi casts doubt over Brighton's stance

    Brighton and Hove Albion head coach Roberto De Zerbi cast doubt over the club's determination to not sell Moises Caicedo despite labelling the player's transfer plea a "mistake".

    Reports earlier this week suggested Arsenal had a £60million bid for the Ecuador international rejected by Brighton.

    Caicedo responded by announcing his desire to leave in a post on social media, calling it a "magnificent opportunity" without specifically mentioning Arsenal.

    The 21-year-old has since been told to take time away from the club while there is uncertainty surrounding his future, meaning he was unavailable for Sunday's FA Cup clash with Liverpool.

    It was ahead of Sunday's game when De Zerbi was asked about the latest on the Caicedo saga, and the Italian could not offer much certainty about him staying beyond the January transfer window.

    "Moises is a good guy. We will see what happens [Monday] and the next day," he told ITV.

    "We hope he stays with us until the end of the season, but this is a question of the club and Moises.

    "In life you can make mistakes.

    "There are many solutions for everyone and we will see the best solution for the club, for him and for us."

    Arsenal are rumoured to have submitted a second bid worth up to £70m for the talented central midfielder, who joined Brighton in February 2021 for roughly £4.4m from Ecuador's Independiente del Valle.

  • Leicester City sign Tete on short-term deal Leicester City sign Tete on short-term deal

    Leicester City have completed a short-term deal for Brazilian winger Tete.

    The 22-year-old left Shakhtar Donetsk following the Russian invasion of Ukraine last year, joining Lyon in March after players in the country were given permission by FIFA to suspend their contracts.

    After eight goals and nine assists in 30 appearances for the French side, Tete has made the move to the Premier League, although his new club confirmed he is due to return to Shakhtar at the end of the season.

    Upon signing for the Foxes, Tete told the club's media: "I'm really happy to be here. I've had a look at the pitch and the stadium, it's beautiful and I can already imagine what it'll be like with a lot of fans. I hope to score a lot of goals and assists. I hope they'll all be happy to see me play, I'm happy to be a Fox."

    Tete began his career at Gremio and has represented Brazil at under-20 and under-23 level.

    He could make his debut for Brendan Rodgers' side in their trip to Aston Villa on February 4.

  • Chelsea continue spending spree with Gusto signing Chelsea continue spending spree with Gusto signing

    Chelsea have continued their January spending spree with the signing of right-back Malo Gusto from Lyon.

    The France Under-21 international has signed a seven-and-a-half-year deal at Stamford Bridge, but he will spend the remainder of the 2022-23 season on loan at Lyon.

    Gusto, who has made 54 appearances for Lyon since making his debut in January 2021, is reported to have cost Chelsea an initial £26.3million (€29.9m) plus various add-ons.

    He becomes Chelsea's seventh signing of the window following the arrivals of Mykhaylo Mudryk, Benoit Badiashile, Noni Madueke, Andrey Santos, David Datro Fofana and Joao Felix, the latter joining on loan from Atletico Madrid.

    The 19-year-old attacking full-back will provide long-term competition and cover for Reece James, who has missed the majority of this season through injury. 

    Chelsea are also rumoured to still be in the market for a central midfielder, having so far been frustrated in their attempt to sign Argentina World Cup star Enzo Fernandez from Benfica.

© 2022 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.