'Tick tick tock' – Fury sick of excuses from Joshua and Whyte

By Sports Desk January 25, 2022

Tyson Fury is running out of patience as the heavyweight champion waits to find out who his next opponent will be.

Fury's camp want Anthony Joshua to step aside from his planned rematch with Oleksandr Usyk after the latter's triumph in September.

That would allow Fury to go up against the Ukrainian in a heavyweight unification bout.

The Telegraph reported on Sunday that Joshua had agreed to forego the rematch and receive a £15million payout in return.

However, Joshua denied the claims a deal had been struck. Should nothing be agreed by Wednesday, then purse bids with Dillian Whyte – the WBC mandatory challenger – will go ahead, with that lined up as Fury's next fight instead.

In a video posted to his official social media channels on Tuesday, Fury, who defeated Deontay Wilder last year in the final fight of their trilogy contest, made it clear that he had had enough of waiting.

"Another gym session done, Tuesday morning smashed," the 33-year-old said.

"Tick tick tick effing tick tock is the subject of today. Is Dillian Whyte going to fight me? Is Anthony Joshua going to step aside?

"Let me know. Because I am sick of looking at these bums, sick of listening to their excuses.

"Tick tick tock. The time has run out of the bottle. You're all getting a good hiding – cowards."

Usyk, who is two years older than Fury, has won all 19 of his professional fights, including 13 knockouts.

Fury's record stands at 33 victories and one draw – the contentious first fight against Wilder in 2018.

Related items

  • Langer hits out at Cricket Australia politics, rules over ever coaching England Langer hits out at Cricket Australia politics, rules over ever coaching England

    Justin Langer says he was tired of the "b******t politics" within Cricket Australia while he was head coach of the national team and insisted he would never coach England.

    Langer resigned in February on the back of masterminding Australia's maiden T20 World Cup triumph and a 4-0 Ashes thumping of England on home soil.

    The former opening batter turned down a short-term contract extension, bringing his reign to an end almost four years after replacing Darren Lehmann.

    Ricky Ponting, the late Shane Warne, Matthew Hayden and Mark Waugh were among the Australia greats who hit out at Cricket Australia over their treatment of Langer.

    The 51-year-old has spoken out over the issues he had to contend with, taking aim at interim Cricket Australia chairman Richard Freudenstein.

    Langer told a Chamber of Commerce and Industry WA event in Perth: "The first thing he [Freudenstein] said to me was, 'It must make you feel so good that all your mates are supporting you in the media.'

    "I said, 'Yeah it is, acting chairman, but with all due respect, those mates are also the all-time greats of Australian cricket. They are the fabric of Australian cricket. They are Australian cricket. They also work all around the world in cricket. So yeah, I'm glad my mates are looking after me. Imagine if you had have'.

    "Ironically, the last six months of my coaching career were the most enjoyable period of 12 years of coaching. Not only did we win everything, but I had energy, and I had focus, and I was happy – besides the b******t politics."

    Langer added: "It's no wonder you get tired. It's no wonder your health suffers; your mental, your physical health. You're trying to please everybody.

    "The great lesson I learned was…I cleared my desk, and all of a sudden instead of having everything on my table, I had two things on my desk. One was winning and the second thing was my people.

    "If you know people have got your back, you can achieve miracles. If they haven't, it's a very lonely place. Leadership can be very, very lonely. But it's not lonely when you know people have got your back."

    Langer was linked with England before Brendon McCullum and Matthew Mott were appointed as Test and white-ball head coaches respectively.

    Asked whether he would have taken a job with Australia's fierce rivals, Langer replied while shaking his head: "I've never spoken to English cricket. The thought of coaching England ...mate!"

  • Canelo set for September trilogy fight with Golovkin before Bivol rematch Canelo set for September trilogy fight with Golovkin before Bivol rematch

    Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez is set to announce a September trilogy fight against Gennadiy Golovkin, meaning his rematch with Dmitry Bivol must wait.

    Alvarez suffered only the second defeat of his professional career against Bivol this month after stepping up to light heavyweight.

    The Mexican has a rematch option, which he intends to activate, but first will face Golovkin for a third time at super middleweight, he told ESPN.

    "We already had that contract [with Golovkin], that agreement, so we have to continue what we started," he said.

    "I think those are the two biggest fights in boxing, the fight with Golovkin and the rematch with Bivol.

    "Unfortunately, we lost [to Bivol], but that doesn't mean I'm not going to try again. The important thing here is perseverance and we're going to do it again.

    "What is certain is that we are going to return in September. And in the coming days, we are going to announce the fight."

    A controversial split draw between Alvarez and Golovkin in September 2017 was followed by a Canelo win a year later. That remains the sole defeat of Golovkin's career.

  • Man City defender Mendy pleads not guilty to nine sexual offences Man City defender Mendy pleads not guilty to nine sexual offences

    Manchester City defender Benjamin Mendy has pleaded not guilty to nine charges of sexual offences.

    The France international appeared at a hearing in Chester Crown Court on Monday to enter pleas for the first time.

    Mendy denies seven counts of rape, one count of sexual assault and one count of attempted rape.

    The 27-year-old was charged following allegations made by six women, with the alleged offences said to have taken place between October 2018 and August 2021.

    Defender Mendy is due to face trial on July 25.

    The full-back was remanded in custody last August, but was released on bail in January.

    He was suspended by Premier League champions City after initially being charged with four counts of rape and one count of sexual assault nine months ago.

    Co-defendant Louis Saha Matturie also appeared Chester Crown Court on Monday, pleading not guilty to eight counts of rape and four counts of sexual assault.

© 2022 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.