Could Tottenham and Gareth Bale reunite?

Bale, who left Tottenham for Real Madrid in 2013, is not wanted in the Spanish capital.

While Manchester Untied are reportedly interested, former club Spurs are Bale's preference.

 

TOP STORY – SPURS LEAD BALE RACE

Tottenham are ahead of Premier League rivals Manchester United in the pursuit of Real Madrid outcast Gareth Bale, according to ESPN.

Bale has reportedly been told he can leave Madrid after falling out of favour with head coach Zinedine Zidane.

The Welshman wants to return to former club Tottenham after leaving Spurs for Madrid in 2013 and the Telegraph claims Dele Alli could be included in a deal to bring Bale back to London.

While United's interest is believed to be serious, it all depends on whether they are able to sign number one target and Borussia Dortmund star Jadon Sancho.

 

ROUND-UP

- The Transfer Podcast reports United believe that if they leave final negotiations for Sancho until the last week of the transfer window, Dortmund will eventually cave in and sell the England international. Dortmund have refused to budge on their €120million (£108m) valuation.

- The Mirror claims Arsenal are close to offloading unwanted trio Sead Kolasinac, Matteo Guendouzi and Lucas Torreira. Kolasinac has been linked to West Ham, Valencia are considering Guendouzi and Torreira has been tipped to join Torino. The Gunners want to keep full-back Hector Bellerin but he may be sold to Paris Saint-Germain.

Roma are poised to sign Juventus full-back Mattia De Sciglio, reports Fabrizio Romano. It comes as Juve close in on Roma striker Edin Dzeko, while Roma Press says the latter are set to complete the capture of Hellas Verona defender Marash Kumbulla. He had been linked to Inter, Lazio and Juve.

-  Luis Suarez's move to Juve has collapsed, says RAC1. The Barcelona veteran had been tipped to leave Camp Nou for Turin but a delay in an Italian citizenship test has reportedly scuppered the deal. Atletico Madrid are now an option for the Uruguayan.

- The Mail claims Bayern Munich are ready to renew their interest in Chelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi. The Englishman was linked to Bayern last year before opting to sign a new deal. Now, Hudson-Odoi could swap London for Munich before the October 5 deadline, with Juve also reportedly eyeing the Chelsea star.

- Diario AS reports Turkish giants Fenerbahce are eyeing Atletico's Diego Costa. Fenerbahce just sold striker Vedat Muriqi to Lazio and may use the transfer funds to bring Costa to Istanbul.

United had been favourites to land Sergio Reguilon from Madrid but the Telegraph and widespread reports say Tottenham are poised to sign the Spanish full-back. United have been reluctant to include a buy-back clause in any deal with Madrid.

- According to Sport Bild, Liverpool have contacted Bayern regarding Thiago Alcantara but the asking price is too high. United and Barca are also reportedly interested.

Istanbul Basaksehir celebrated their first Super Lig title with a 1-0 win over Kayserispor, ending the stranglehold of Turkey's big three.

Defending champions Galatasaray, Fenerbahce and Besiktas have dominated Turkish football – the three Istanbul giants winning 54 league trophies between them.

But the powerhouse trio were unable to compete with fellow Istanbul outfit Basaksehir this season.

Basaksehir – formed in 1990 – became just the sixth club to win the Super Lig since the league's inception in 1959 thanks to Sunday's victory and second-placed Trabzonspor's 4-3 loss to Konyaspor.

Boasting the likes of former Real Madrid and Manchester City forward Robinho, Gael Clichy, Martin Skrtel and Demba Ba, Okan Buruk's Basaksehir are seven points clear atop the table with one match remaining.

Basaksehir are also on track to meet Premier League giants Manchester United in the Europa League.

The Turkish champions hold a 1-0 lead over Copenhagen heading into the second leg of their last-16 tie, while United defeat LASK 5-0 prior to the coronavirus pandemic.

The Europa League is set to resume next month following the enforced break due to COVID-19.

Brazil’s Roberto Carlos epitomized the idea that hard work brings success and that talent wasn’t everything. But if in that message you missed how talented the left back was, it would be to your peril.

Over the course of a long career with Brazil and with LaLiga giants Real Madrid, Carlos enjoyed immense successes, but his personal performances over the years were a thing to watch.

Blessed with blinding pace, Carlos would make marauding runs down the left side that would leave his opponents hapless. But that wasn’t all. Carlos would learn to adjust to the adjustments made for him.

An intelligent player, Carlos realized that when he received the ball in his own half, his opposition would back right off so as to stop his solo runs. The diminutive left-back then became the proponent of the diagonal pass. Playing that pass accurately over 60 yards meant that on occasion he would scythe through an opposing back line and put his teammates through on goal. The pass became even more destructive than his runs.

Another way opponents tried to stop Carlos was by halting his runs illegally.

But Carlos adjusted to this as well, becoming a real threat from free kicks, making it dangerous to foul him in the wrong place.

Many don’t know, but Carlos began life as a forward before switching to left back because he would have otherwise been surplus to requirements. The decision proved golden as he would go on to play for Brazil 125 times over the course of 14 years, winning the 2002 World Cup. Carlos was also a part of the Galacticos, a Real Madrid unit considered to have the best players in the world in all positions. Giants of the game. There he won four LaLiga titles and three Champions League crowns.

 

Playing Career

Name: Roberto Carlos da Silva Rocha (Roberto Carlos)
Date of birth: 10 April 1973
Birthplace: Garça, São Paulo, Brazil

 

International career

  • Brazil: 1992-2006 (125 caps)

 

Honours

  • 1997 Copa America
  • 1997 FIFA Confederations Cup
  • 1999 Copa America
  • 2002 FIFA World Cup™

Individual

  • Bola de Prata: 1993, 1994, 2010
  • FIFA World Player of the Year: 1997 (Silver Award)
  • ESM Team of the Year: 1996–97, 1997–98, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2001–02, 2002–03, 2003–04
  • FIFA World Cup All-Star Team: 1998, 2002
  • Trofeo EFE: 1997–98
  • UEFA Club Defender of the Year: 2002, 2003
  • UEFA Team of the Year: 2002, 2003
  • Ballon d'Or: 2002 (Runner-up)
  • Golden Foot: 2008
  • Sports Illustrated Team of the Decade: 2009
  • ESPN World Team of the Decade: 2009
  • Campeonato Brasileiro Série A Team of the Year: 2010
  • FIFA 100
  • Brazilian Football Museum Hall of Fame

FIFA World Cup appearances

  • 19 caps; 16 wins; no draws; 3 losses

 

France 1998

  • Brazil 2-1 Scotland
  • Brazil 3-0 Morocco
  • Brazil 1-2 Norway
  • Brazil 4-1 Chile
  • Brazil 3-2 Denmark
  • Brazil 1-1 Netherlands (4-2 Pen)
  • Brazil 0-3 France

 

South Korea & Japan 2002

  • Brazil 2-1 Turkey
  • Brazil 4-0 China PR
  • Brazil 5-2 Costa Rica
  • Brazil 2-0 Belgium
  • Brazil 2-1 England
  • Brazil 1-0 Turkey
  • Brazil 2-0 Germany

 

Germany 2006

  • Brazil 1-0 Croatia
  • Brazil 2-0 Australia
  • Brazil 4-1 Japan
  • Brazil 3-0 Ghana
  • Brazil 0-1 France

 

Club Career

  • 1991–1993 União São João      
  • 1992 → Atlético Mineiro (loan)
  • 1993–1995 Palmeiras     
  • 1995–1996 Inter Milan 
  • 1996–2007 Real Madrid        
  • 2007–2009 Fenerbahçe   
  • 2010–2011 Corinthians  
  • 2011–2012 Anzhi Makhachkala 
  • 2015 Delhi Dynamos     

Honours

Palmeiras

  • Campeonato Brasileiro Série A: 1993, 1994
  • Campeonato Paulista: 1993, 1994
  • Torneio Rio-São Paulo: 1993

Real Madrid

  • La Liga: 1996–97, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2006–07
  • Supercopa de España: 1997, 2001, 2003
  • UEFA Champions League: 1997–98, 1999–2000, 2001–02
  • Intercontinental Cup: 1998, 2002
  • UEFA Super Cup: 2002

Fenerbahçe

  • Turkish Super Cup: 2007, 2009

Turkey great Rustu Recber has been hospitalised after testing positive for coronavirus, his wife Isil has revealed.

Goalkeeper Rustu spent much of his club career at Fenerbahce, including a loan stint with the Turkish Super Lig giants during a three-year stay at Barcelona.

A star of the 2002 World Cup, Rustu played just seven times for Barca - all within the 2003-04 season - but retired aged 39 in 2012 with 120 international caps to his name.

The 46-year-old's wife Isil posted on her Instagram page on Saturday to inform fans of her husband's diagnosis.

"I would like to give you more positive news while sharing the truth in the most transparent way, but I'm sorry to say that my husband Rustu is hospitalised with the diagnosis of COVID-19," she wrote.

"We are shocked by the rapid symptoms that developed suddenly when everything was normal. These are critical and difficult times.

"May Allah give emergency relief to all patients, including my dear husband.

"My only request is that people can be a little more conscientious and respectful in the process. In the tests we have done, my daughter and son were negative and only my husband was positive.

"For this reason, we are at home while he's in hospital, and we are not allowed to see him. In fact, this is the most difficult part, not being able to be with him.

"Allah is great and is entrusted to him and the Turkish doctors. I hope this will pass."

Mino Raiola holds all the cards when it comes to Manchester United's transfer plans.

United are interested in Salzburg sensation Erling Haaland, while Paul Pogba wants to reportedly leave Old Trafford.

With that in mind, the Red Devils may be forced to pick between the two.

 

TOP STORY – HAALAND IN, POGBA OUT?

Manchester United are worried signing Salzburg striker Erling Haaland may force Paul Pogba out of the club, according to the Daily Star. 

United are interest in-demand sensation Haaland, who has also been linked to Juventus, Borussia Dortmund and RB Leipzig

Haaland is represented by Mino Raiola, who is also the agent of United star Pogba – previously linked to former club Juve and LaLiga giants Real Madrid.

United fear Raiola could throw a spanner in the works as doubts remain over Pogba's future in Manchester.

 

ROUND-UP

- Premier League champions Manchester City have identified Villarreal's Pau Torres and Benfica centre-back Ruben Dias as possible defensive reinforcements in January, reports The Telegraph.

- Express Sport says Chelsea are unwilling to meet Dortmund's £100million (€117m) valuation of star Jadon Sancho, who has also been linked to United, Liverpool and Madrid. Chelsea are believed to be keeping tabs on Crystal Palace's Wilfried Zaha and Leipzig striker Timo Werner.

Arsenal pair Mesut Ozil and Shkodran Mustafi could leave Arsenal in January, reports Football London. Turkish giants Fenerbahce have emerged as a possible destination for Ozil.

Rangers have made contact with out-of-favour Chelsea striker Olivier Giroud over a possible move to Glasgow, according to L'Equipe.  Coming off contract at the end of the season, Giroud has also been linked to Inter.

Mikel Arteta looks to be on his way out of Manchester City, and it may not be long before he is followed by Pep Guardiola.

That is if reports linking Paris Saint-Germain with a move for the former Barcelona and Bayern Munich head coach are to be believed.

Meanwhile, Arteta is not the only big managerial appointment expected imminently in the Premier League, with Carlo Ancelotti close to being confirmed as Everton boss, and reports suggest a big-name could be in line to follow the Italian to Goodison Park.

 

TOP STORY – GUARDIOLA LINED UP BY PSG

According to Le10 Sport, Paris Saint-Germain will look to swap Thomas Tuchel with Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola next season.

Guardiola is currently under contract with City until 2021, though has said he is open to extending his deal. However, these reports claim PSG will aim to bring in the Spaniard, along with former Barca star Xavi, who will act as his number two.

While City are 14 points behind Premier League leaders Liverpool, PSG are top of Ligue 1 and will face Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League last 16.

 

ROUND-UP

- The Sun claims Mauricio Pochettino is holding off on making any commitment to Real Madrid as he waits to see how Guardiola's situation at Manchester City plays out.

- According to The Telegraph, Zlatan Ibrahimovic is open to linking up with former boss Carlo Ancelotti at Everton. Ancelotti is reportedly set to be appointed by the Toffees and Ibrahimovic – who has been linked to Milan and Napoli – could follow him to Merseyside.

Mesut Ozil is close to securing a loan move from Arsenal to Fenerbahce in January, according to Turkish newspaper Fotomac.

- Madrid winger Vinicius Jr. has been linked with a move to the Premier League. El Desmarque reports Chelsea, Manchester United, Arsenal, Tottenham and Wolves are all interested in the Brazilian.

- Another potential outgoing from Arsenal could be Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, with The Mirror saying one of Arteta's first tasks will be to convince the Gunners' captain to stay put.

- Sky Sports reports Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs are all monitoring Lille forward Victor Osimhen, who has scored nine Ligue 1 goals this term.

- Inter great Dejan Stankovic is poised to become head coach of Serbian champions Red Star Belgrade. After Vladan Milojevic stepped down on Thursday, reports in Serbia claim the former Red Star midfielder will be unveiled on Friday. This is set to be Stankovic's first senior job.

Tottenham are considering a January move for Leicester City full-back Ricardo Pereira, says Het Nieuwsblad.

Jose Mourinho looks set to play the waiting game at Tottenham despite the looming threat of key player departures.

According to reports, Mourinho will not be spooked into a January spending spree even as Spurs consider selling out-of-contract stars to Premier League rivals.

The head coach does, however, have two England Under-19 internationals in his sights.

 

TOP STORY – MOURINHO TREATING TRANSFERS WITH CAUTION

Tottenham will make transfer funds available in January but Mourinho is set to put his squad overhaul on hold, according to the Daily Mail.

Christian Eriksen, Toby Alderweireld and Jan Vertonghen can all walk out on the club at the end of the season and chairman Daniel Levy has said he is prepared to make deals with other Premier League teams.

The state of flux has reportedly motivated Mourinho to leave his rebuilding efforts until the campaign is complete, although the former Manchester United and Real Madrid boss remains open to sensible short-term spending.

Spurs are said to have scouted Norwich City right-back Max Aarons and West Brom's Nathan Ferguson as they look for a challenger to Serge Aurier.

ROUND-UP

- Liverpool should announce the capture of Salzburg winger Takumi Minamino before the weekend, writes the the Independent.

- Mikel Arteta appears set to take charge of Arsenal and Manchester City, where he has worked as an assistant since 2016, are "furious" with the Gunners' lack of communication, according to The Guardian.

- Managerial movements are happening elsewhere in the Premier League. The Mirror claims ex-Milan and Chelsea coach Carlo Ancelotti has agreed a three-and-a-half year deal worth £11.5million per season with Everton.

- Europe's top clubs are monitoring Paris Saint-Germain centre-back Marquinhos amid a breakdown in negotiations over a contract extension with the Ligue 1 leaders, says Le 10 Sport.

- Bayern Munich are now considering whether to bring forward their planned close-season bid for Leroy Sane after the City winger expressed a desire to join the Bundesliga giants in January, reports Bild.

- Fenerbahce have expressed interest in rumoured Napoli and Schalke target Ricardo Rodriguez, claims CalcioMercato. The Switzerland left-back has started four times for Milan in Serie A this season.

© 2020 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.