Paris Saint-Germain have been dealt a blow with the news Kylian Mbappe and Edinson Cavani will be sidelined until the middle of September at least.

The Ligue 1 champions say Mbappe will likely be out for four weeks due to a hamstring injury sustained in Sunday's 4-0 defeat of Toulouse.

Cavani was hurt in the same fixture and is expected to be unavailable for at least three weeks.

The pair will miss league game against Metz prior to the international break, with neither player likely to be called up by their countries for fixtures in early September.

They can also be expected to miss the visit of Strasbourg on September 13, as well as the opening round of Champions League group games, which will be played four and five days later.

With head coach Thomas Tuchel unwilling to play Neymar until the Brazil star's future is resolved, it leaves PSG looking extremely light in attack for the next month.

The goalscoring burden is likely to fall on Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting, who scored twice in the win over Toulouse, unless Neymar is brought back into the first-team picture.

However, even if he stays at PSG beyond the transfer deadline of September 2, Neymar will not be able to play in the first three Champions League group matches because of a ban.

The forward was sanctioned by UEFA in April for an Instagram rant about refereeing decisions in PSG's last-16 second-leg defeat to Manchester United in Paris.

There was some better news for PSG on Monday, with tests on Abdou Diallo described as "reassuring" after he hurt his right eye.

Kylian Mbappe has become a "real killer" in front of goal as Abdou Diallo hailed the Paris Saint-Germain's development.

Mbappe has flourished at PSG since arriving from Monaco, helping the French giants to back-to-back Ligue 1 titles.

The 20-year-old World Cup winner scored a league-high 33 goals last season, and 39 across all competitions.

Diallo – who left Borussia Dortmund for PSG in the off-season – knows Mbappe from the pair's time together at Monaco and the centre-back told reporters: "He grew up, he gained a bit of weight.

"But he is the same. Of course, he is more mature. Now, we can talk about more things with him.

"When I was in Monaco, he was very, very young. But he is still the same.

"In the game, he is becoming a real killer. He didn't have those qualities when he left Monaco, even if he scored many goals for Monaco. Now, he is very accurate."

Mbappe scored as PSG opened their Ligue 1 title defence with a 3-0 win at home to Nimes last week.

PSG are away to Rennes on Sunday amid uncertainty over the future of Neymar, who continues to be linked to LaLiga champions Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Paris Saint-Germain have confirmed the signing of defender Abdou Diallo from Borussia Dortmund for a reported €32million fee.

Diallo signed for Dortmund from fellow Bundesliga side Mainz in June 2018 and had an impressive season at Signal Iduna Park, making 28 league appearances.

But with Mats Hummels returning to Dortmund from Bayern Munich, Diallo has been allowed to depart, with Thomas Tuchel going back to his former club to bring in the 23-year-old.

The Frenchman, who came through the academy at Monaco and can play at both centre-back and full-back, has penned a five-year contract at Parc des Princes.

"It is a great honour to be involved with such a prestigious club as Paris Saint-Germain," Diallo said.

"I have always said that the Parisian project was very attractive. Joining the capital club is another important step in my career.

"I am committed to giving my all for my new club and look forward to bringing my qualities and desire to this team renowned for its high quality and high ambitions."

Paris Saint-Germain have confirmed the signing of defender Abdou Diallo from Borussia Dortmund for a reported €32million fee.

Diallo signed for Dortmund from fellow Bundesliga side Mainz in June 2018 and had an impressive season at Signal Iduna Park, making 28 league appearances.

But with Mats Hummels returning to Dortmund, Diallo has been allowed to depart, with Thomas Tuchel going back to his former club to bring in the 23-year-old.

The Frenchman, who can play at both centre-back and full-back, has penned a five-year contract at Parc des Princes.

"It is a great honour to be involved with such a prestigious club as Paris Saint-Germain," Diallo said.

"I have always said that the Parisian project was very attractive. Joining the capital club is another important step in my career.

"I am committed to giving my all for my new club and look forward to bringing my qualities and desire to this team renowned for its high quality and high ambitions."

Abdou Diallo is close to joining Paris Saint-Germain in a reported €32million move, Borussia Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc has confirmed.

Centre-back Diallo joined Dortmund from Mainz last year in a deal said to be worth €28m and made 28 Bundesliga appearances as Lucien Favre's men finished second, but it looks set to be his only campaign at the club.

A Monaco youth product, Diallo had been strongly linked with a return to France with Lyon, but PSG have moved to the front of the queue since their interest became known.

The 23-year-old, a former France Under-21 international, had enjoyed a solid campaign with Dortmund, but Zorc accepts the deal suits them as much as the player.

When asked by Ruhr Nachrichten if Diallo was departing, Zorc said: "That has turned out so.

"Abdou has decided that he wants to take on another challenge and for us it was a good fit, so we agreed to the change."

Diallo will further bolster PSG's centre-back options as the club look to the future, with the Frenchman joining Marquinhos, Thilo Kehrer and Presnel Kimpembe as central defensive options who are all 25 or younger.

After Pablo Sarabia and Ander Herrera, Diallo will be the third new addition to PSG's first-team squad for next season.

After Antoine Griezmann's long-awaited move to Barcelona, another transfer saga appears close to completion.

Leicester City and England centre-back Harry Maguire is reportedly poised for Manchester.

The red half will be happy…

 

TOP STORY – UNITED AGREE £80M DEAL FOR MAGUIRE

Manchester United have agreed to pay a world-record fee for a defender to sign Maguire from Leicester City, according to The Sun.

United will reportedly fork out £60million with an additional £20m available in add-ons, to see the England centre-back surpass Liverpool's Virgil van Dijk as the most expensive defender.

Premier League champions Manchester City were also linked to Maguire, however, United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer looks set to get his man as he overhauls the Red Devils' defence following last season's sixth-place finish.

 

ROUND-UP

Ajax captain Matthijs de Ligt will complete his transfer to Juventus by Monday, Gazzetta dello Sport says. Gianluca Di Marzio, meanwhile, reports that a medical should take place on Tuesday.

- Paris Saint-Germain are set to sign Borussia Dortmund defender Abdou Diallo, according to ESPN FC. The Ligue 1 champions will pay €32m for the France Under-21 international, who only joined Dortmund from Mainz in 2018.

- Tuttosport reports Torino have rejected a €60m offer from West Ham for star striker Andrea Belotti. The Hammers are desperate to sign a forward following Marko Arnautovic's move to China.

- Scottish champions Celtic have rejected Arsenal's latest bid – believed to be £25m – for left-back Kieran Tierney, according to Sky Sports.

Neymar's future with Paris Saint-Germain could be decided in talks in Paris this week, the Daily Mail says. The Brazil star has been linked with a stunning return to LaLiga holders Barcelona.

- According to L'Equipe, Spanish trio Real Betis, Sevilla and Valencia are all interested in signing Lyon captain Nabil Fekir.

Flamengo are looking to sign Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa, according to ESPN Brazil. The former Chelsea star has also been linked to Premier League duo Everton and Wolves.

- According to Marca, Tottenham and AC Milan target Dani Ceballos could be set to stay at Real Madrid. The LaLiga giants feel they cannot find better players than Ceballos at a reasonable price.

Abdou Diallo has been flattered by reported interest from Paris Saint-Germain and conceded he is unsure over his place at Borussia Dortmund.

Diallo joined Dortmund from Mainz in June 2018, and had an impressive season at Signal Iduna Park, making 28 league appearances as Lucien Favre's side finished second in the Bundesliga.

His performances are rumoured to have peaked the interest of PSG, coached by former Dortmund boss Thomas Tuchel.

And with Mats Hummels' return having cast his chances of a regular first-team spot into doubt, Diallo acknowledged he will have to hold talks with Dortmund about his future.

"A young player in Europe who tells you that PSG's project is not interesting is not credible, it's a nice project," Diallo told L'Equipe.

"It's a form of acknowledging my accomplishment to hear that, but without wanting to resort to the worn-out phrases of footballers, I have a contract.

"So far I have not been told that I have to go. I don't want to make a big fuss. We have to see if the vision is the same.

"And once we are all on the same wavelength, we make a decision. I am waiting to see, to hear what the people have to say to me, what they think of me."

Despite Hummels' arrival potentially decreasing Diallo's chances of starting in Dortmund's defence, the 23-year-old is keen to challenge the former Bayern Munich man if he remains at the club.

"He is a historical player of the club, the country and he will bring us experience," Diallo said.

"In addition, I think he is another serious competitor. You have to see it as a challenge."

© 2020 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.