NFL

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones cut off from radio interview after swearing

By Sports Desk December 06, 2019

Frustrated Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones was cut off from a radio interview on Friday after swearing live on air.

The Cowboys slumped to 6-7 with defeat against the Chicago Bears on Thursday, after which Jones bemoaned "losing, losing, losing".

As pressure builds on Dallas head coach Jason Garrett, Jones was apparently still unhappy as he began an interview with 105.3 The Fan the next day.

The owner initially responded to criticism, saying: "Get your damn act together yourself, OK? Settle down just a little bit.

"I don't like your attitude to come in. I've been travelling all night and don't have the patience to jack with you today."

However, Jones was soon cut off following a question that suggested the team had "quit" on Garrett, as the 77-year-old complained about "bull****".

The station said Jones had been automatically taken off air by the studio system due to his swearing, although the interview then continued.

The Cowboys, who remain top of a poor NFC East, will hope to lift Jones' spirits against the Los Angeles Rams next week.

Related items

  • Chelsea target Havertz is better than Ballack, says Gundogan Chelsea target Havertz is better than Ballack, says Gundogan

    Reported Chelsea target Kai Havertz is better than their former midfielder Michael Ballack, according to Ilkay Gundogan.

    Bayer Leverkusen are said to be demanding at least €78million (£70m) for Havertz, who has scored 29 goals and supplied nine assists in the Bundesliga since the start of 2018-19.

    Manchester City star Gundogan acknowledged his fellow Germany international is a different type of player to Ballack, who was a Champions League runner-up with Leverkusen and Chelsea, as well as a World Cup finalist with Germany.

    Havertz has played in a more advanced role over the past two seasons and Gundogan is a bigger fan of his style than that of Ballack.

    "I expect great things from him. Kai's potential is unlimited," Gundogan told Sport Bild.

    "He brings a lot with him and now it is up to him to show his tremendous talent. He has that calmness and composure on the ball and is also a thoughtful guy off of it.

    "In my opinion, Havertz is even better than Ballack in terms of his play.

    "Ballack had a certain level of aggressiveness and mentality on the pitch; a player type of the previous generation, when you needed to be a b****** in a positive sense.

    "Kai is not like that. He does not intentionally foul or lay down a marker with a yellow card."

    While Havertz could be moving to the Premier League, Leroy Sane has left City for Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich.

    Gundogan thinks a desire to win trophies in Germany was a key motivating factor in Sane's decision.

    "The day before the move became official he confirmed it to me. It didn't shock me as I knew it was coming," he said.

    "He's not won any titles in Germany yet and I think he'll do great things in the Bundesliga and help Bayern a lot."

    Chelsea have already signed Timo Werner from RB Leipzig and Gundogan expects the forward to make a big impact in England.

    "Believe me: Everyone at City knows about Timo Werner. Many of my team-mates asked what kind of guy he is. He deserves respect," said Gundogan.

  • I'm not worried about it - Rams CB Jalen Ramsey tired of contract talk I'm not worried about it - Rams CB Jalen Ramsey tired of contract talk

    Jalen Ramsey has no interest in repeatedly discussing his contract, with the Los Angeles Rams cornerback prepared to leave the matter firmly in his agent's hands.

    A year ago the three-time Pro Bowler turned up at the Jacksonville Jaguars training camp in an armoured money truck, a not-so-subtle nod to his wish to land a big contract.

    That was not forthcoming from the Jags, who instead shipped Ramsey to the Rams for two first-round picks and a fourth-rounder in October.

    His need for a new deal has not gone away, though, as the defensive back is beginning the final season of his five-year rookie contract, and with plenty of leverage given the haul the Rams parted with to land him.

    "I'm worried about what I can worry about," Ramsey told reporters. 

    "I'm controlling what I can control."

    However, as the questions continued, Ramsey grew increasingly frustrated.

    "I answered it. I said my agent and the front office, they gonna handle it," Ramsey added.

    "I'm worried about what I can worry about, I'm controlling what I can control.

    "Either accept the answer or keep it pushing. I don't want to be disrespectful, but that's the answer."

    The 25-year-old then walked out of his Zoom media session during a pause in questions before being convinced to return.

    At that point, he addressed his contract situation in greater depth, revealing he had informed his agent David Mulugheta to only call him when a deal had been reached.

    "I told y'all at the beginning of this, I said I'm controlling what I can control and when you asked me the question about my contract, I said I'm letting my agent, who is by far the best agent in the game, David Mulugheta, and the front office handle it," Ramsey added.

    "I can't do anything about it. I'm not worried about it. I'm trying to do my job as a football player. I'm trying to be a leader on the team, I'm not gonna do every Zoom session or however we gonna do them this year, talking about my contract. Look, if it comes, it comes. It's gonna be a surprise to me like it's gonna be a surprise to y'all.

    "I said, 'I want you to call me one time', I said, 'When my deal is done'. I said, 'When you feel like my deal is done, call me'. That's it'. 

    "I'm not worried about it. I'm worried about football."

  • Lions remove Stafford from reserve/COVID-19 list after false-positive test Lions remove Stafford from reserve/COVID-19 list after false-positive test

    Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford has been removed from the reserve/COVID-19 list, the NFL team announced on Tuesday.

    The Lions said Stafford returned a false-positive test following two negative coronavirus tests last week, while insisting the 2014 Pro Bowler never contracted COVID-19.

    Stafford was placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list on Saturday.

    "Today we removed Matthew Stafford from the COVID-IR list and onto the Active Roster," the Lions said in a statement.

    "As a result of a False-Positive test result, he was forced due to NFL/NFLPA protocols to sit out until he received two negative tests. His testing sequence for the Pre-Entry period was: negative, negative, False-Positive. The next three tests were all negative. 

    "To be clear, Matthew does NOT have COVID-19 and never has had COVID-19 and the test in question was a False-Positive. Also, all of Matthew's family have been tested and everyone is negative."

    The Lions are scheduled to open their 2020 season against the Chicago Bears on September 13.

© 2020 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.