Scott out of Zozo Championship after positive COVID-19 test

By Sports Desk October 21, 2020

Former world number one Adam Scott will miss the Zozo Championship this week after testing positive for coronavirus.

It was announced on the eve of the tournament at the Sherwood Country Club in Thousand Oaks, California, that Scott has returned a positive COVID-19 test.

The 2013 Masters champion is self-isolating and will be replaced in the field for the PGA Tour event by Jim Herman.

"While it’s difficult news to receive – as I really looked forward to playing this week – my focus now is on recovery for the final stretch of the fall," Scott said

The Australian has won 14 PGA Tour titles, most recently at the Genesis Invitational in February.

Related items

  • Ravens-Steelers moved to Wednesday, two other games also pushed back Ravens-Steelers moved to Wednesday, two other games also pushed back

    The Baltimore Ravens' clash against the Pittsburgh Steelers has been postponed until Wednesday, and two other games were also pushed back.

    Originally scheduled for last Thursday as part of the Thanksgiving schedule, the Week 12 game was delayed until Sunday amid a coronavirus outbreak in the Ravens camp.

    It was then pushed back to Tuesday, and on Monday it was postponed by another 24 hours.

    The depleted Ravens (6-4) placed three more starters on the reserve/COVID-19 list on Monday as they prepared to face AFC North rivals the Steelers (10-0).

    The NFL confirmed the Week 12 clash had officially been moved to Wednesday, while two other games were also impacted.

    The Steelers' home game against the Washington Football Team was moved from December 6 to December 7.

    The Ravens' hosting of the Dallas Cowboys, meanwhile, was pushed back from December 3 to December 8.

    "These decisions were made out of an abundance of caution to ensure the health and safety of players, coaches and game day personnel and in consultation with medical experts," the NFL said.

  • Depleted Ravens place three more starters on COVID-19 list Depleted Ravens place three more starters on COVID-19 list

    The Baltimore Ravens' Week 12 game at the Pittsburgh Steelers has been cast into further doubt after three more starters were placed on their reserve/COVID-19 list.

    The unbeaten Steelers (10-0) had been set to host AFC North rivals Baltimore last Thursday as part of the Thanksgiving schedule, only for the divisional matchup to be pushed back to Sunday amid a coronavirus outbreak in the Ravens camp.

    It was then confirmed the clash would have to be delayed once again as more Ravens players continued to be placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list, among them starting quarterback and reigning NFL MVP Lamar Jackson.

    On Saturday, it was announced six more – Jaylon Ferguson, D.J. Fluker, Broderick Washington, Will Holden, Khalil Dorsey and Tavon Young – had been added, taking the tally to 18, with tight end Mark Andrews then reportedly testing positive. 

    With the teams waiting on the results of the NFL's latest round of coronavirus testing, the Ravens confirmed on Monday that Andrews, along with fellow 2019 Pro Bowler Matthew Judon, and wide receiver Willie Snead IV had all been removed from the active roster and, according to NFL sources, the league has elected to push the game back to Wednesday.

    Terrell Bonds was also added to the reserve/COVID-19 list, though the cornerback is already sidelined due to a serious knee injury.

    There was some good news for the Ravens, with Ferguson, Fluker, Washington and Iman Marshall all added back to the roster, meaning Baltimore – who had not made the trip to Pittsburgh as of Monday afternoon US eastern time, had 19 players on the reserve/COVID-19 list.

    Baltimore sit third in the AFC North, with a 6-4 record from their opening 10 games.

  • Suarez left out of Atletico Madrid squad for Bayern Munich match after positive coronavirus test Suarez left out of Atletico Madrid squad for Bayern Munich match after positive coronavirus test

    Luis Suarez has been left out of Atletico Madrid's squad for Tuesday's Champions League clash with Bayern Munich after returning another positive coronavirus test.

    The Uruguay international has missed Atletico's last three matches, including a reunion with former club Barcelona, after contracting COVID-19 while away with his country.

    Despite Suarez not featuring on the 22-man squad list published by Atletico on Monday, however, head coach Diego Simeone is not completely ruling out the striker.

    "This virus is strange. It is possible that tomorrow he tests negative and is fit. He has been training and wants to help the team," Simeone said at his pre-match news conference.

    "We will have to wait and see what happens and then inform you. I spoke to him yesterday and he felt good, wanting to be with the rest of the team.

    "The most important thing is he is well. If he doesn't play tomorrow he will play on Saturday."

    Suarez had been in fine form for Atletico before being ruled out, scoring five goals in his first six LaLiga appearances after joining from Barca for a nominal fee in September.

    The 33-year-old's 1.2 goals per 90 minutes is the highest of any player in the division to have played at least three matches, with Valencia's Manu Vallejo (1.02) next best.

    His six league goals have come from 22 shots, eight of those on target, both being the most of any Atleti player this season.

    Bayern are also without key players for the Group A clash, meanwhile, as Robert Lewandowski, Manuel Neuer, Leon Goretzka and Corentin Tolisso have not made the trip to the Spanish capital.

    Alphonso Davies and Joshua Kimmich are unavailable for a Bayern side already assured of top spot, but Simeone insists the competition holders cannot be taken lightly.

    "The squad selection is a decision made by the Bayern coach," he said. "This Bayern side understand how to compete in each game they play.

    "They have very good players and have almost all of their attackers available, with lots of goals in the side. That is a great strength that they have."

    Atletico have picked up five points from the same number of games and are two ahead of third-place Lokomotiv Moscow, who host Salzburg on Tuesday.

    Bayern won the reverse fixture with Atleti 4-0 last month but Simeone wants to see his side take the game to their opponents and remain on course for a place in the last 16.

    "In football you need forcefulness," he said. "After two draws, one loss and one victory, our margin is short. We are in need of points.

    "Whatever the results have been in the previous games, we have to look at where we can do damage against Bayern."

© 2020 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.