Mayweather: Logan Paul can get same treatment as 'muzzled' McGregor

By Sports Desk November 19, 2020

Floyd Mayweather Jr offered to give Logan Paul "the same treatment" Conor McGregor received after the YouTuber called out the boxing great.

Paul, who has 22.6 million YouTube subscribers, lost to fellow streamer KSI on his professional boxing bow in November 2019.

But that has not stopped the 25-year-old from calling out 50-0 Mayweather.

"I would fight Floyd any time, any place," Paul said. "If I caught Floyd with one punch, I would snap him in half.

"I'm eight inches taller, 40 pounds heavier, half his age, two times as hungry, 10 times as smart."

Mayweather, 43, responded on Twitter and wrote: "These YouTube girls better find some Barbie dolls to play with cause I'm not the one for the kid games.

"3 years ago a fighter from the UFC said my name and I had to put a muzzle on that b****. 

"@loganpaul can get the same treatment before I go conquer Japan again."

Paul shared the post and replied: "50-1".

Mayweather was referring to his 2017 defeat of mixed martial arts superstar McGregor.

The Irishman was the UFC lightweight champion but could not back up his big talk against Mayweather in the boxing ring, losing by TKO in the 10th round.

Mayweather has not fought competitively since, although he defeated RIZIN star Tenshin Nasukawa in brutal fashion in a 2018 exhibition in Tokyo.

Related items

  • Kovalev v Melikuziev off after former champ tests positive for testosterone Kovalev v Melikuziev off after former champ tests positive for testosterone

    Sergey Kovalev's bout against Bektemir Melikuziev has been cancelled after the former three-time light-heavyweight world champion failed a drugs test.

    Kovalev returned a positive for synthetic testosterone via a test carried out by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association (VADA).

    The scheduled fight card at Fantasy Springs Resort Casino in Indo, California has been pulled by Golden Boy Promotions as a result.

    A statement released by Golden Boy read: "The Kovalev vs Melikuziev boxing event scheduled for January 30 has been cancelled following a positive test for a banned substance (synthetic testosterone) on behalf of Sergey Kovalev through the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association (VADA).

    "Upon learning of Kovalev's adverse finding, the California State Athletic Commission (CSAC) determined that they must cancel the event."

    Kovalev has not fought since losing his WBO light-heavyweight title in an 11th-round knockout defeat to Canelo Alvarez in November 2019, a setback that dropped the 37-year-old's professional record to 34 victories (29 knockouts), four defeats and a solitary draw.

    Counting from his first career loss, when Andre Ward edged a close points verdict against Kovalev in 2016, the Russian has won four and lost four of his past eight fights, with the three subsequent losses all coming by stoppage.

    He was scheduled to box former world title challenger Sullivan Barrera on April 25 last year but the coronavirus pandemic put paid to that, as it did the original plans for the meeting against Uzbekistan's 2016 Olympic bronze medallist Melikuziev (6-0, 5 KOs) to take place in Moscow.

  • Whyte-Povetkin rematch confirmed for March 6 Whyte-Povetkin rematch confirmed for March 6

    The heavyweight rematch between Alexander Povetkin and Dillian Whyte has been officially confirmed for March 6.

    Povetkin knocked out Whyte in the fifth round of their WBC interim title bout last August and the pair were originally set to meet again in late November at Wembley Arena.

    However, the fight was postponed after the Russian was admitted to hospital with COVID-19.

    Promoters Matchroom Boxing has announced a new date has now been set, with the rematch now scheduled for around seven weeks' time.

    The card will take place behind closed doors at a venue that has yet to be confirmed.

    After being laid low by coronavirus last year, Povetkin recently stepped up his training regime as he looks to retain the WBC interim heavyweight title with another victory over Whyte.

    World of Boxing Promotions Company, who represent the 41-year-old, posted on Twitter on Friday: "Alexander has fully recovered and started his training camp on January 12. 

    "He is progressing well in the first stage of his preparation. We hope the second fight will live up to everyone's expectations and that Povetkin will deliver another spectacular finish."

    The winner of the rematch will be in line to face either Tyson Fury or Anthony Joshua later in 2021 for the heavyweight world title.

    Meanwhile, it was also confirmed on Friday that Josh Warrington, who has not been in action since October 2019, will defend his IBF featherweight belt against Mauricio Lara on February 13.

  • The gloves are off – Bruce blasts Newcastle players after 'absolutely s****' Sheffield United performance The gloves are off – Bruce blasts Newcastle players after 'absolutely s****' Sheffield United performance

    Steve Bruce unleashed a furious assessment of his Newcastle United players, branding their performance at Sheffield United "absolutely s***" and declaring "the gloves are off now".

    The Magpies were beaten 1-0 at Bramall Lane on Tuesday to become the first team to lose to the Blades in the Premier League this season.

    They were also the first side to fail to score against Sheffield United in the top flight since July as they lost to a team starting the day bottom of the table for the first time since October 2015.

    Bruce has come in for increasing criticism from fans for his team's performances during an eight-game winless run in which they have exited the EFL Cup and FA Cup, as well as suffering four league losses.

    The Newcastle head coach accepts he got things wrong against Sheffield United but claims some critics have always felt he was "never the right choice".

    After their latest setback, Bruce has made it clear he will not tolerate anything but a commitment to his methods at St James' Park.

    "I've let them be comfortable," he said of his players. "But, like I say, the gloves are off now and we will do it my way. We've played a certain way to try to get the results we need.

    "We were absolutely fr****** hopeless the other night; we were absolutely s****. Unfortunately, that's happened a little too often in my 18 months here; it was nowhere near good enough for the challenge ahead. Maybe it's a mentality thing.

    "If you're a Premier League manager you can't accept what happened at Sheffield United. We were completely and utterly hopeless and I have to accept what's coming my way. If I was a supporter I'd be concerned."

    While the loss to Sheffield United was the nadir of their season, the signs have been worrying for Newcastle for some weeks.

    Much of the criticism of Bruce has centred on a perceived negative style of play, with Newcastle having averaged the lowest possession (37.8 per cent) and completed the second-fewest passes (4,430) in the Premier League this season.

    Only Burnley and West Brom have attempted fewer shots than Newcastle's 150, which have yielded 18 goals, the fifth-lowest total in the division. Only five teams have conceded more than their 27 goals and just three have kept fewer than their three clean sheets.

    "I wouldn't expect to be reassured after the other night," Bruce said of his position. "I pick the team, I got it wrong and I have to take responsibility. I don't want reassurances. I understand it's nowhere near good enough so let's get ready for the challenge ahead.

    "If you look at my record over the years, I've got enough on my CV to make sure I can slowly take the club forward. Some would argue against that. I accept that. In some people's eyes, I was never the right choice. I understand that."

© 2020 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.