Fury wants Wilder, Joshua and Whyte as final three fights

By Sports Desk January 18, 2020

Tyson Fury wants to follow his upcoming fight with Deontay Wilder by taking on Anthony Joshua and Dillian Whyte before retiring.

Former world heavyweight champion Fury will take on WBC title-holder Wilder in Las Vegas on February 22 after their previous meeting ended in a dramatic draw.

The 31-year-old then wants his final acts in boxing to be unifying the division by taking on IBF, WBA and WBO champion Joshua and offering Whyte a first world title shot.

"I've got three more fights left. Wilder next, Joshua then Dillian Whyte, then I'm out," Fury told iFL TV.

"[Dillian] has been mandatory for something like 2,000 days and hasn't had a world title shot so when I beat Wilder I'll give him a shot.

"He can be a defence, for sure. One of my last three. Joshua and Whyte, done."

Joshua did not deliver on an offer to spar with his fellow Briton as part of his preparations to face Wilder, but Fury was not overly concerned.

"It's all hot air. Sometimes people say stuff in the heat of an interview and they don't really mean it. After he did the interview he said afterwards he wished he never said it," he said.

"It doesn't really matter, I don't want him to come sparring anyway, it's not going to help me, he's nothing like Deontay Wilder at all and I wouldn't want to give him the opportunity to get an insight on what it's like to be out-boxed and out-punched by me in a spar rather than in a fight.

"His time will come, don't worry about that."

Fury previously predicted he will knock Wilder out in the second round and the WBC king said he will hang up his gloves if that comes to fruition.

"Him saying he's gonna knock me out in the second round is not believable," said Wilder.

"He has pillows as fists, so I can't see that happening. If he knocks me out in the second round, I'm retiring. I'm done."

Related items

  • McGregor claims his next fight is against Pacquiao McGregor claims his next fight is against Pacquiao

    Conor McGregor claimed he was set to fight Manny Pacquiao in the Middle East in his next outing.

    McGregor, a former UFC featherweight and lightweight champion, sensationally retired in June, but it was hinted earlier this month that the Irishman would return next year.

    After a long Twitter rant during which he vented his frustration at a lack of action this year – his only fight has been a win over Donald Cerrone in January – McGregor said he was set for a return to boxing.

    McGregor lost to Floyd Mayweather Jr. in August 2017 and is now set to meet 41-year-old Filipino Pacquiao.

    "I'm boxing Manny Pacquiao next in the Middle East," he wrote.

    "It will be a true honour to have faced two of the greatest boxers of the modern era, afraid of a fight."

    Pacquiao (62-7-2) fought twice last year, winning the WBA (Super) welterweight title by beating Keith Thurman in July 2019.

  • Anthony Joshua to appear in FIFA 21 Anthony Joshua to appear in FIFA 21

    Anthony Joshua has made the move from boxing to football, at least in the virtual world, after it was confirmed he will appear in FIFA 21.

    Joshua will be a playable character in the video game's "Volta" mode – in which players are able to test their skills in a small-sided game with five-a-side rules.

    Olympic gold medallist and world heavyweight champion Joshua is being introduced as a "Groundbreaker", alongside Kaka, Eric Cantona, Thierry Henry, Liverpool defender Trent Alexander-Arnold, Atletico Madrid youngster Joao Felix and FIFA 21 cover star Kylian Mbappe.

    Diplo, a three-time Grammy Award-winning DJ and producer, also features.

    Players will be able to pit their wits against the Groundbreakers, while also being able to recruit them into their squads.

  • Usyk v Chisora rearranged for October 31 Usyk v Chisora rearranged for October 31

    The heavyweight fight between Oleksandr Usyk and Dereck Chisora has been rearranged for October 31.

    The pair were initially set to meet on May 23, but the coronavirus pandemic saw the bout at The O2 Arena in London postponed.

    Former undisputed cruiserweight world champion Usyk (17-0) has been made to wait for his second heavyweight test, having stopped unheralded American Chazz Witherspoon on his debut last October.

    The Chisora fight will go ahead just over a year on from that contest, however, after an agreement was announced on Wednesday.

    "I have really missed boxing," Usyk said. "I am working hard in my training camp to show a spectacular performance on October 31.

    "I expect a real test in Dereck - he is strong, tough and resilient. He is a really big guy and he hits hard.

    "As a cruiserweight, I reached the highest heights as undisputed champion and now I am following the same path as a heavyweight.

    "I need to test myself against world-class heavyweights on my new road to undisputed and Dereck stands in front of me.

    "Many people say that Dereck is a monster, but deep down he is a kind man. I don't expect to see that good side of him.

    "I know that he wants to break me, but I am water, wind and fire all together. Dereck Chisora, I am coming for you."

    Chisora (32-9) added: "Usyk, I've been ready for you all year.

    "It's my home turf and, after such a tough year for everyone, I'm going to give the British public the Halloween party they deserve and finally get revenge for my boy Tony Bellew."

© 2020 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.