Fury predicts second-round knockout of Wilder

By Sports Desk January 13, 2020

Tyson Fury predicted he would knock Deontay Wilder out in the second round of their rematch next month.

Fury and Wilder will finally face off again at MGM Grand on February 22 in their highly anticipated rematch, having drawn their first fight in December 2018.

Unsurprisingly, the Brit (29-0-1) believes he will be successful, predicting a second-round KO of Wilder.

"Deontay knows he was rocked three or four times in the last fight and I didn't have the gas to finish him. This time I can turn that screwdriver until he is gone," he told a news conference on Monday.

"You are going to sleep in two rounds. I keep having the same dream about round two. I am playing poker and I get dealt the number two card.

"He is getting knocked out in round two, 100 per cent."

Wilder, the WBC heavyweight title holder, responded by questioning whether Fury truly believed in his own comments.

"I mean that's what he believes in his heart. That's what he believes. I always teach people when I speak – I say speak it, believe it, receive it," the American said.

"But the magic of it all is the belief, it's the belief. And though he's saying it, I don't feel that in his energy that he believes that he's going to do that.

"If anything I feel that he's nervous, he's very scared because of what happened the first time and I understand. This is boxing and sometimes fighters have to put up this front like it's all good and nothing gets to them or nothing hurts them or we're always acting tough and stuff because of the sport that we're in, but I'm a realist.

"He knows what happened. What you get knocked out like that and you don't know how you got there or how you got up, it was the grace of God. That bothers you. That not only affects you, but it affects your environment, it affects your family as well because they know you're going in there again with this monster and you know what he's capable of doing.

"It's not an act, it's something I do every time I'm out, I knock guys out, every guy that I've faced I've put him down and it won't be no different this time around either."

Related items

  • McGregor claims his next fight is against Pacquiao McGregor claims his next fight is against Pacquiao

    Conor McGregor claimed he was set to fight Manny Pacquiao in the Middle East in his next outing.

    McGregor, a former UFC featherweight and lightweight champion, sensationally retired in June, but it was hinted earlier this month that the Irishman would return next year.

    After a long Twitter rant during which he vented his frustration at a lack of action this year – his only fight has been a win over Donald Cerrone in January – McGregor said he was set for a return to boxing.

    McGregor lost to Floyd Mayweather Jr. in August 2017 and is now set to meet 41-year-old Filipino Pacquiao.

    "I'm boxing Manny Pacquiao next in the Middle East," he wrote.

    "It will be a true honour to have faced two of the greatest boxers of the modern era, afraid of a fight."

    Pacquiao (62-7-2) fought twice last year, winning the WBA (Super) welterweight title by beating Keith Thurman in July 2019.

  • Anthony Joshua to appear in FIFA 21 Anthony Joshua to appear in FIFA 21

    Anthony Joshua has made the move from boxing to football, at least in the virtual world, after it was confirmed he will appear in FIFA 21.

    Joshua will be a playable character in the video game's "Volta" mode – in which players are able to test their skills in a small-sided game with five-a-side rules.

    Olympic gold medallist and world heavyweight champion Joshua is being introduced as a "Groundbreaker", alongside Kaka, Eric Cantona, Thierry Henry, Liverpool defender Trent Alexander-Arnold, Atletico Madrid youngster Joao Felix and FIFA 21 cover star Kylian Mbappe.

    Diplo, a three-time Grammy Award-winning DJ and producer, also features.

    Players will be able to pit their wits against the Groundbreakers, while also being able to recruit them into their squads.

  • Usyk v Chisora rearranged for October 31 Usyk v Chisora rearranged for October 31

    The heavyweight fight between Oleksandr Usyk and Dereck Chisora has been rearranged for October 31.

    The pair were initially set to meet on May 23, but the coronavirus pandemic saw the bout at The O2 Arena in London postponed.

    Former undisputed cruiserweight world champion Usyk (17-0) has been made to wait for his second heavyweight test, having stopped unheralded American Chazz Witherspoon on his debut last October.

    The Chisora fight will go ahead just over a year on from that contest, however, after an agreement was announced on Wednesday.

    "I have really missed boxing," Usyk said. "I am working hard in my training camp to show a spectacular performance on October 31.

    "I expect a real test in Dereck - he is strong, tough and resilient. He is a really big guy and he hits hard.

    "As a cruiserweight, I reached the highest heights as undisputed champion and now I am following the same path as a heavyweight.

    "I need to test myself against world-class heavyweights on my new road to undisputed and Dereck stands in front of me.

    "Many people say that Dereck is a monster, but deep down he is a kind man. I don't expect to see that good side of him.

    "I know that he wants to break me, but I am water, wind and fire all together. Dereck Chisora, I am coming for you."

    Chisora (32-9) added: "Usyk, I've been ready for you all year.

    "It's my home turf and, after such a tough year for everyone, I'm going to give the British public the Halloween party they deserve and finally get revenge for my boy Tony Bellew."

© 2020 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.