BREAKING NEWS: William Wallace seeking mediation in dispute with FIFA

By June 22, 2020

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) has reached out to lawyers representing FIFA requesting mediation in their dispute over the appointment of a normalization committee in March, Sportsmax.TV sources indicate.

They now await a response from FIFA’s lawyers, Messrs M.Hamel-Smith and Co. indicating whether they will agree to the request.

The William Wallace-led executive was dissolved by FIFA in March and a normalization committee appointed just four months after the TTFA Annual General Meeting in November 2019. FIFA cited poor financial management and the FA’s massive debt as reasons for the appointment of the committee to oversee the association’s affairs.

William Wallace retained the services of Dr Emir Crowne and Matthew Gayle instructing them to take the matter to Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS). However, in late May the New City Chambers attorneys were instructed to withdraw the appeal before CAS fearing ‘institutional bias’.

Subsequently, the matter was taken to the Trinidad and Tobago High Court of Justice.

Since then, Wallace has come under increased pressure from his board following revelations relating to three contracts signed with Avec Sports, national coach Terry Fenwick and Ramesh Ramdhan. All three contracts were reportedly signed without the required agreement from board members.

These revelations, first publicized on the the Sportsmax Zone, have turned the board members against the beleaguered president.-S

Leighton Levy

Leighton Levy is a journalist with 28 years’ experience covering crime, entertainment, and sports. He joined the staff at SportsMax.TV as a content editor two years ago and is enjoying the experience of developing sports content and new ideas. At SportsMax.tv he is pursuing his true passion - sports.

Related items

  • Man City's Ferran Torres was inspired by David Silva at Valencia Man City's Ferran Torres was inspired by David Silva at Valencia

    New Manchester City signing Ferran Torres was inspired by David Silva when he started out at Valencia.

    Torres last week moved to City for an initial £21.1million, arriving as a replacement for Leroy Sane following his move to Bayern Munich.

    The Spain Under-21 winger joined Los Che as a seven-year-old, when Silva was part of a strong Valencia side regularly featuring in European competition.

    Silva left Mestalla for City in 2010 but had already made a mark on Torres.

    "When I started at Valencia, he was enjoying his best time at the club," Torres told CityTV of Silva, City's outgoing captain.

    "He was always an inspiration and then, when he moved to City, where he's been playing his best football, I've always admired him.

    "Above all, [what I liked was] his ability to hold the ball, his capacity to make the final pass and his quality."

    Asked what motivated him to join City, Torres highlighted the importance of manager Pep Guardiola in his decision.

    He said: "Being part of the project the club set out to me. My aim is to grow as a player. I have a lot of room for improvement and the fact of having Pep Guardiola as a manager was a big factor too.

    "It was crucial because he's one of the best, or I'd say the best manager in the world, and at the point I am at now in my career, he can get the best out of me.

    "I'm always trying to improve. I always like to ask the reason why we do things and I think this is fundamental for improving and also because I think I'm young and I still have lots of things to improve."

    Torres is confident he can quickly adapt to the Premier League after firmly establishing himself in the first team at Valencia in 2019-20.

    "The truth is that English football is a bit more physical than it is in Spain, but I really feel I'm ready and I'm looking forward to getting going as soon as possible," he said.

    "I'd say that I have more strength than speed. I also make good crosses, but above all I'd highlight my power and strength."

  • Mbappe set to feature for PSG against Atalanta in Champions League Mbappe set to feature for PSG against Atalanta in Champions League

    Paris Saint-Germain have been boosted ahead of their Champions League quarter-final against Atalanta with Thomas Tuchel confirming Kylian Mbappe is set to play a role.

    Mbappe was expected to miss the game after he sustained a sprained ankle and ligament damage in PSG's Coupe de France final victory over Saint-Etienne on July 24.

    The World Cup winner was expected to be sidelined for at least three weeks, but Tuchel revealed he will be available for Wednesday's knockout clash at Estadio da Luz provided he gets through Tuesday's training session unscathed.

    However, the PSG boss suggested Mbappe will only be used as a substitute.

    "If Mbappe trains well today and nothing unusual happens, he will play tomorrow," Tuchel said at a pre-match news conference.

    "We are very happy that he is with the group and we have the opportunity to finish the match with him."

    Marco Verratti will not feature against Atalanta, however, having sustained a calf injury.

    The midfielder did not join his team-mates for a training camp in Faro and Tuchel thinks it would be tough for him to return for the semi-finals if PSG progress.

    "For Marco, it will be very, very tight for the semi-finals. It's really unlucky. He is going to speed up his work and we will try [to get him fit]," he said.

  • BREAKING NEWS: Mbappe set to feature for PSG against Atalanta in Champions League BREAKING NEWS: Mbappe set to feature for PSG against Atalanta in Champions League

    Paris Saint-Germain have been boosted ahead of their Champions League quarter-final against Atalanta with Thomas Tuchel confirming Kylian Mbappe is set to play a role.

© 2020 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.