Clotet: Bellingham to Dortmund not a done deal

By Sports Desk July 03, 2020

Pep Clotet expects Birmingham City to receive big money for Jude Bellingham but denied a deal with Borussia Dortmund has been agreed.

It was reported on Friday that Dortmund have beaten off competition from the likes of Manchester United to sign the 17-year-old midfielder on a five-year deal.

The Championship side are said to be set to be paid at least £20million for the England youth international.

Blues head coach Clotet stressed that an agreement has not been reached, but suggested it was only a matter of time before the club cash in on the teenager.

"I have not looked into the situation at all as I am only allowed to comment on things that are not speculation," said Clotet, who will leave his role at the end of the season.

"It is up to the club and the player to decide, basically for the club to decide what to do with their assets. I am just hoping that the value according to what he has achieved and his future potential, is rich

"That's what I hope because he is one of the youngest players who has played so many games in the Championship for his age, on the quality of his play, in very different positions.

"He has massive future value. Of course I am expecting that possibly he will be the most valuable player I have ever developed - and I have developed a lot.

"I am expecting it to be a really good bond financially for the club but of course that is a side of the business that is not my side.

"There is no update, I know there has been a lot of speculation lately – but there is nothing.

"We are focused, Jude is our player, he is very determined to play with us tomorrow [at Fulham] and as far as I am aware and what I see it just shows how good professionally he is.

"He just blocks everything around that and is focusing a lot on his performances and playing tomorrow.  At the moment there is nothing concrete."

Related items

  • Heracles 'welcome' Havertz after Bosz's quip about Chelsea target Heracles 'welcome' Havertz after Bosz's quip about Chelsea target

    Bayer Leverkusen's defeat in the Europa League quarter-finals may be no laughing matter but that has not stopped the jokes surrounding Kai Havertz's future.

    The Bundesliga side were defeated 2-1 by Inter on Monday to crash out at the quarter-final stage of a competition that is being completed in Germany.

    It did not take long following the match for questions to be posed about Germany star Havertz, who is strongly rumoured to be close to completing a move to Premier League side Chelsea.

    Leverkusen coach Peter Bosz could not resist the temptation to have a little fun when he said Havertz is heading off to join Dutch side Heracles Almelo, a side Bosz has coached twice.

    "Yes, I can exclusively announce he'll play for Heracles Almelo," Bosz joked at his post-match news conference.

    Heracles themselves then joined in the fun, mocking up a photo of Havertz in the club's jersey accompanied by a "welcome" message.

    "Welkom Kai #AnnounceHavertz," read a post on Twitter, with a customary eyes emoji for good measure.

    Chelsea have long been chasing Havertz, though the two clubs are seemingly at an impasse with the Blues said to favour a structured deal that starts at £70million.

    Speaking last week, sporting director Rudi Voller warned there is no "COVID discount" for Leverkusen's prized asset.

    "We know of the interest of a couple of clubs, especially Chelsea, but for us, the situation is quite simple: he has a two-year contract, if anyone wants him on our terms, fine, otherwise he stays here another year and we are happy," Voller told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

    "It won't be easy, but for an artist like him there is no COVID discount."

  • Rumour Has It: Man Utd not giving up on Sancho, Havertz nearing Chelsea move Rumour Has It: Man Utd not giving up on Sancho, Havertz nearing Chelsea move

    The Jadon Sancho transfer saga continues to ramble on.

    Borussia Dortmund insist Sancho will not leave following Monday's apparent deadline, while Manchester United are still eyeing the English sensation.

    Will Sancho be gracing Old Trafford in 2020-21?

     

    TOP STORY – UNITED STILL TARGETING SANCHO

    Manchester United are not giving up on signing Borussia Dortmund star Jadon Sancho, according to reports in the UK.

    United were dealt a blow on Monday when Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc said Sancho will remain with the Bundesliga club in 2020-21.

    Despite United's frustration over negotiations, the Independent and Goal claim the Red Devils are still pursuing the England international.

     

    ROUND-UP

    Kai Havertz is closing in on a move to Chelsea, reports the Evening Standard. The Bayer Leverkusen star is "desperate" to join Chelsea following the German club's Europa League exit on Monday.

    Andrea Pirlo's Juventus overhaul is underway. Calciomercato and Tuttomercatoweb say Blaise Matuidi is set to move to David Beckham's Inter Miami in MLS. Aaron Ramsey, Gonzalo Higuain, Sami Khedira, Daniele Rugani, Mattia De Sciglio and Douglas Costa are also on the chopping block following Maurizio Sarri's exit. United have been linked with a move for Costa.

    - Sky Sport reports Chelsea and Barcelona are battling to sign Ajax left-back Nicolas Tagliafico. Atletico Madrid are also reportedly interested.

    Milan are looking to re-sign star midfielder Franck Kessie, according to Calciomercato. Kessie is wanted by city rivals Inter.

    - L'Equipe says Lille defender Gabriel Magalhaes is set to decide his future. Gabriel will choose between United, Arsenal, Everton and Napoli. RMC and L'Equipe, meanwhile, report Gent star Jonathan David will undergo a medical at Lille on Tuesday ahead of his €32million transfer.

  • Leverkusen boss Bosz jokes about Havertz transfer amid Chelsea links Leverkusen boss Bosz jokes about Havertz transfer amid Chelsea links

    Bayer Leverkusen head coach Peter Bosz joked that Chelsea target Kai Havertz will join Heracles Almelo after the German side lost in the Europa League quarter-finals.

    Leverkusen's Europa League campaign came to an end on Monday, beaten 2-1 by Serie A side Inter in Dusseldorf.

    Nicolo Barella and Romelu Lukaku had given Inter a commanding lead inside 21 minutes, before Havertz reduced the deficit three minutes later.

    Havertz has been tipped to leave Leverkusen for Premier League giants Chelsea once the 2019-20 season has concluded, and Bosz was asked whether the Germany international had played his final match for the club.

    "Yes, I can exclusively announce he'll play for [Dutch outfit] Heracles Almelo," Bosz, who previously coached Heracles in two separated spells, said during his post-match news conference.

    Reflecting on the match, Bosz added: "We lost against a great opponent. We didn't play well in the first 20 minutes and had problems dealing with Lukaku, then things improved and we thought that we'd turn it around. We could've done better and are disappointed.

    "Marcelo Brozovic was allowed far too much freedom in the middle of the park and we had to make changes after those initial 20 minutes. As for Lukaku, he's just too strong in one-on-one situations.

    "We moved [Moussa] Diaby to the left, because they were pressing our wide men, and Diego Godin doesn't like coming out from the back, so we had more space then to build."

© 2020 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.