Kostic could leave Eintracht amid Inter and Premier League links – Bobic

By Sports Desk July 02, 2020

Eintracht Frankfurt sports director Fredi Bobic admitted star winger Filip Kostic could leave the Bundesliga side.

Kostic has previously been linked to Antonio Conte's Inter, while there is reported interest in the Serbia international from the Premier League.

The 27-year-old enjoyed another fine campaign, scoring four goals and tallying 11 assists, having contributed 10 goals and 13 assists across all competitions last season.

Bobic was asked about the future of Kostic and he said: "Filip is happy here. He feels very comfortable with us, but it may also be that we are ready to release him.

"That depends not only on us, but also on the player. But I can imagine that he will play here next season: fans happy, players happy, me happy."

Bobic, who sanctioned the big-money departures of Luka Jovic (Real Madrid) and Sebastien Haller (West Ham) at the start of the season as Eintracht made significant profits, is anticipating a difficult transfer period due to the COVID-19 crisis.

"The goal was clearly to break the €300million mark in the 2019-20 season," he said. "But suddenly there was a stop sign at €280m."

"There are an incredible number of players on offer right now, including interesting ones. But we have to look at the books to see what is possible. Because we do not know how long the situation will last.

"We have to be patient, it will be tough and long. It won't be an easy time. We already have a few players we would like to sign but if the money is not there, you cannot buy."

Bobic – who is also planning to offer head coach Adi Hutter a new contract – was also asked about Ante Rebic and loanee Andre Silva.

Rebic joined Milan on a two-year loan deal at the start of the season as Silva moved to Eintracht on the same terms.

Milan are reportedly keen on signing Rebic permanently, while Silva scored 16 goals for Eintracht.

"We have agreed with the owner of Milan that we will get together soon and talk about the topic," Bobic said. "I don't think Ante wants to get back to our salary level.

"Andre knows that we are happy with him. He is also happy to be here in Frankfurt and can imagine staying longer."

Related items

  • BREAKING NEWS: Man City sign Bournemouth defender Ake BREAKING NEWS: Man City sign Bournemouth defender Ake

    Manchester City have completed the signing of Nathan Ake from Bournemouth for a reported fee of £41million.

    Pep Guardiola has been in search of another centre-back since Vincent Kompany's departure last May.

    Aymeric Laporte endured an injury hit campaign in 2019-20, though the Frenchman was a regular following the restart of the Premier League season in June, while doubts remain over the futures of John Stones and Nicolas Otamendi.

    Youngster Eric Garcia put in some impressive displays towards the end of the season, but City – who have also been linked with Napoli star Kalidou Koulibaly – have now moved to bolster their defensive ranks, with Ake joining from relegated Bournemouth.

    The 25-year-old Netherlands international, who Bournemouth signed permanently from Chelsea for £20m in 2017, has penned a five-year contract at the Etihad Stadium.

    "City have been the best side in England over the course of the last decade," he told his new club's website.

    "Coming here is a dream for me. This is a top side full of world-class players. Everywhere you look in this squad there are big names with international pedigree.

    "Pep is a manager admired across the world – what he’s done in the game speaks for itself. The success he’s had is unbelievable and the style of football he plays really appeals to me.

    "I know I’m going to have to work hard to get into the side, but that’s what I’m here to do. I’ll do whatever I can to make an impact and help the team win silverware."

    After featuring in every Premier League match for the Cherries in 2017-18 and 2018-19, injury restricted Ake to 29 league appearances last season as Eddie Howe's side dropped out of the top flight.

  • Messi will retire at Barcelona in three or four years - Bartomeu Messi will retire at Barcelona in three or four years - Bartomeu

    Lionel Messi will retire as a Barcelona player in "three or four years", according to club president Josep Maria Bartomeu.

    Six-time Ballon d'Or winner Messi has a contract at Camp Nou until the end of the 2020-21 season, but Bartomeu last month said he expects the superstar forward to sign an extension.

    The 33-year-old has been linked with a return to boyhood club Newell's Old Boys before hanging up his boots.

    However, Bartomeu has no doubt Barca's all-time leading goalscorer Messi will end his career with the Catalan giants, which could happen by 2023.

    "It's not just me who says it. Messi says it himself, that he wants to finish his professional playing career at Barcelona and it's the only club for him," Bartomeu told beIN SPORTS.

    "I don't have any doubt that when he finishes his football career in three or four years that it will be here in Barcelona.

    "Messi has it very clear. He's been here since he was a kid. He knows the colours and he's a part of the club's history.

    "He's the best player in the world. Not just right now, but in the history of the game. He's at Barcelona and has made clear he wants to stay here."

    Another priority for Bartomeu is tying goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen down to a new contract, as his existing deal has just two years left on it.

    "Marc is an excellent player and person, he has always shown that as a goalkeeper," said Bartomeu.

    "With the current situation with COVID-19, he said, 'Let's hope everything is calmer to talk about it in the future.' But his future is to renew with Barca.

    "We have a goalkeeper for many years because he is young. When everything passes, we will talk with Marc to finalise his renewal."

    Despite being yet to play a game for Barca, Francisco Trincao and Pedri have been linked with exits from Camp Nou.

    Trincao is reportedly a target for Leicester City, while Bayern Munich are said to have an interest in Pedri.

    Bartomeu has no plans to sell either player as Barca prepare for the future with a new generation of talent.

    "Trincao and Pedri are not for sale," he said. "Young players are coming who will be the stars in a few years."

  • Bonaventura bids farewell to Milan after six seasons Bonaventura bids farewell to Milan after six seasons

    Giacomo Bonaventura has said goodbye to Milan after spending six seasons with the Rossoneri.

    The 30-year-old midfielder is leaving the club after seeing his contract expire at the end of the 2019-20 Serie A season.

    Bonaventura had been a regular at San Siro after joining from Atalanta for a reported €6million fee, but he only started 21 league games over the past two seasons.

    "I've lived a dream. The years spent at Milan have been an unforgettable experience," he wrote on Instagram.

    "I want to thank all the people with whom I shared this fantastic adventure: presidents, managers, coaches, team-mates, doctors and physiotherapists.

    "Thank you to all those who work 'behind the scenes' at Milanello, they are the real engine of Milan, thanks to them every day we feel at home, in a family.

    "Thank you to the Milan fans, who have always supported us, in the best and toughest moments: the roar of San Siro is something special, which I will never forget.

    "You will always be in my heart!"

    Bonaventura won the 2016-17 Supercoppa Italiana, a rare triumph during a largely barren decade for Milan.

    Stefano Pioli's side finished sixth in the table in 2019-20 after going unbeaten in their 12 league games following the season's restart in June.

© 2020 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.