Salomon Kalou near to Botafogo move

By Sports Desk June 28, 2020

Salomon Kalou is close to agreeing a free transfer to Botafogo, according to a member of the Brazilian club's executive committee.

Former Chelsea forward Kalou will be out of contract at Hertha Berlin at the end of June and is in talks with the Rio de Janeiro giants.

Botafogo, who have ex-Milan midfielder Keisuke Honda on their books, failed to seal a deal for Yaya Toure, who Vasco da Gama presidential candidate Leven Siano has promised to sign.

However, they are hopeful of getting a move for another former Ivory Coast international over the line soon.

"He already has the pre-contract, but he asked for just one more detail in the contract that was sent to him," Botafogo official Carlos Augusto Montenegro told SporTV.

"I think it's okay. And if no presidential candidate for Vasco appears at his house, I think that maybe he will come."

Kalou, who is in a relationship with a Brazilian, was suspended by Hertha in May after being seen on camera flouting social distancing guidelines.

Botafogo have reportedly offered the 34-year-old an 18-month contract amid interest from European clubs.

Related items

  • BREAKING NEWS: Inter confirm permanent Sanchez signing BREAKING NEWS: Inter confirm permanent Sanchez signing

    Inter have confirmed the signing of Manchester United forward Alexis Sanchez on a permanent deal.

    Sanchez has put pen to paper on a three-year deal with the Serie A club following a successful season-long loan with Antonio Conte's side.

    The 31-year-old Chile international joined United from Premier League rivals Arsenal in 2018, but failed to show what he is capable of at Old Trafford.

  • Rumour Has It: Coutinho close to Arsenal move, Barcelona reach agreement with Ter Stegen Rumour Has It: Coutinho close to Arsenal move, Barcelona reach agreement with Ter Stegen

    Philippe Coutinho's move to Arsenal is seemingly getting close.

    The Brazil international has been on loan at Bayern Munich from Barcelona in 2019-20, but is expected to leave Camp Nou permanently.

    A return to the Premier League has been mooted.

     

    TOP STORY – ARSENAL DEAL FOR COUTINHO IS 'ADVANCED'

    A deal sending Coutinho to Arsenal from Barcelona is "more advanced", according to Sport.

    The former Liverpool star would head back to England less than three years after leaving Anfield.

    Coutinho has scored nine goals in 34 games for Bayern in 2019-20.

     

    ROUND-UP

    - There could be good news coming for Barcelona. Mundo Deportivo reports Marc-Andre ter Stegen has agreed to extend his deal at the club for five years, but there is still no financial agreement between the parties.

    - Jerome Boateng's Bayern Munich future seems uncertain. Sport Bild reports the Bundesliga champions want to sell the defender, who would like to extend his contract beyond 2021.

    - Takefusa Kubo looks set for another loan spell away from Real Madrid. AS reports Kubo will join Villarreal on loan for 2020-21, having spent this season at Mallorca.

    - Are Liverpool looking for a back-up for Andy Robertson? The Athletic reports the Premier League champions value left-back Jamal Lewis at £10million, but Norwich City will not even enter talks for less than £20m.

    - Contracted at Manchester United until 2022, Tahith Chong could be heading elsewhere to gain experience. Sport Bild says Werder Bremen are in talks with United over a loan deal for the attacker.

    - After losing the Championship play-off final, Brentford may also see a star depart. The Guardian reports Crystal Palace are battling with Aston Villa to sign Ollie Watkins, who scored 26 goals in 49 Championship games in 2019-20.

  • Dortmund have had 'no contact' with Man Utd over Sancho, says Watzke Dortmund have had 'no contact' with Man Utd over Sancho, says Watzke

    Borussia Dortmund chief executive Hans-Joachim Watzke insisted there had been "no contact" with Manchester United about Jadon Sancho.

    Sancho, 20, has been heavily linked with a move to the Premier League giants, with recent reports suggesting a £108.5million (€120m) deal was close.

    However, Watzke dismissed those reports, saying there had been no contact between the clubs regarding the England international.

    "So far, there has been no contact between Borussia Dortmund and Manchester United in terms of Sancho," he told Suddeutsche Zeitung on Wednesday.

    "Also not directly or through alleged intermediaries."

    United are reportedly prepared to walk away from the Sancho deal amid an unwillingness to meet Dortmund's asking price.

    Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc said he expected Sancho to be at the club in 2020-21.

    "I assume that Jadon will go to the training camp on Monday and play with us for the coming season," he told Suddeutsche Zeitung.

© 2020 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.