Rumour Has It: PSG want €175m in cash for Neymar, Man City circling Bennacer

By Sports Desk June 04, 2020

The arrivals of Lautaro Martinez and Neymar at the end of the season had been the dream for Barcelona.

Forming the best attack in the world had been the idea, prising Inter's Martinez to Camp Nou and re-signing Neymar from Paris Saint-Germain.

But Barca have reportedly been priced out of a deal for Neymar.

 

TOP STORY – PSG SET NEYMAR PRICE

Paris Saint-Germain want €175million in cash for Barcelona target Neymar, according to Sport.

Neymar left Barca for PSG in a world-record €222m transfer in 2017 but the Brazilian superstar continues to be linked with a Camp Nou comeback.

But Barca's hopes have been dealt a blow due to PSG's demands and coronavirus as they prioritise Inter forward Lautaro Martinez.

 

ROUND-UP

- RMC Sport claims Manchester City are interested in Milan midfielder Ismael Bennacer. Pep Guardiola has reportedly talked to Bennacer about a move to the Premier League. City are also interested in Barca's Sergi Roberto, claims Mundo Deportivo.

Real Madrid are keen on signing Borussia Dortmund star Jadon Sancho, AS says. The England international has been tipped to join United, while Chelsea and Liverpool have also been linked.

- Calciomercato claims Napoli are eyeing a move for Lille forward Victor Osimhen. It comes amid uncertainty over the futures of Arkadiusz Milik and Jose Callejon. Milik has been heavily linked to Juventus, while the likes of Sevilla and Real Betis are reportedly interested in bringing former Madrid winger Callejon back to LaLiga.

Sevilla are prepared to wait until the end of the season for Barca's Ivan Rakitic, reports Mundo Deportivo. Barca are willing to sanction Rakitic's transfer and Spanish rivals Sevilla are looking to bring the Croatia international back to Estadio Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan.

- According to L'Equipe, injury-plagued Barca star Ousmane Dembele has no intention of leaving Camp Nou for Juve.

- ESPN says United need more cash to sign Birmingham City sensation Jude Bellingham. The 16-year-old has also been linked to Dortmund.

Fabian Ruiz is wanted by Spain's two biggest clubs – Barca and Madrid. But Mundo Deportivo says the Napoli star is moving further away from a switch to the Santiago Bernabeu due to Madrid not being able to meet the Italian club's valuation. Luka Jovic and James Rodriguez have been mentioned as possible makeweights but Napoli only want cash.

- Lille defender Gabriel has emerged as a possible replacement for Napoli's Kalidou Koulibaly. Le10Sport says Napoli have identified Gabriel as well as Fiorentina pair German Pezzella and Nikola Milenkovic. Sky Sport Italia, meanwhile, says United are offering £71m (€80m) for Koulibaly but Napoli are holding out for at least £89m (€100m).

Pedro is a player in demand. The Chelsea forward is set to become a free agent and AS says Roma are the Spaniard's "priority". Juve, Sevilla, Betis and Valencia have also been credited with interest.

Related items

  • Rumour Has It: Coutinho close to Arsenal move, Barcelona reach agreement with Ter Stegen Rumour Has It: Coutinho close to Arsenal move, Barcelona reach agreement with Ter Stegen

    Philippe Coutinho's move to Arsenal is seemingly getting close.

    The Brazil international has been on loan at Bayern Munich from Barcelona in 2019-20, but is expected to leave Camp Nou permanently.

    A return to the Premier League has been mooted.

     

    TOP STORY – ARSENAL DEAL FOR COUTINHO IS 'ADVANCED'

    A deal sending Coutinho to Arsenal from Barcelona is "more advanced", according to Sport.

    The former Liverpool star would head back to England less than three years after leaving Anfield.

    Coutinho has scored nine goals in 34 games for Bayern in 2019-20.

     

    ROUND-UP

    - There could be good news coming for Barcelona. Mundo Deportivo reports Marc-Andre ter Stegen has agreed to extend his deal at the club for five years, but there is still no financial agreement between the parties.

    - Jerome Boateng's Bayern Munich future seems uncertain. Sport Bild reports the Bundesliga champions want to sell the defender, who would like to extend his contract beyond 2021.

    - Takefusa Kubo looks set for another loan spell away from Real Madrid. AS reports Kubo will join Villarreal on loan for 2020-21, having spent this season at Mallorca.

    - Are Liverpool looking for a back-up for Andy Robertson? The Athletic reports the Premier League champions value left-back Jamal Lewis at £10million, but Norwich City will not even enter talks for less than £20m.

    - Contracted at Manchester United until 2022, Tahith Chong could be heading elsewhere to gain experience. Sport Bild says Werder Bremen are in talks with United over a loan deal for the attacker.

    - After losing the Championship play-off final, Brentford may also see a star depart. The Guardian reports Crystal Palace are battling with Aston Villa to sign Ollie Watkins, who scored 26 goals in 49 Championship games in 2019-20.

  • Lukaku 'cost the same as all of Getafe', says Bordalas Lukaku 'cost the same as all of Getafe', says Bordalas

    Romelu Lukaku "cost the same as all of Getafe", Jose Bordalas said after his side's Europa League loss to Inter.

    Goals from Lukaku and Christian Eriksen saw Inter record a 2-0 win over the LaLiga side in the last-16 clash in Gelsenkirchen on Wednesday.

    Signed by Inter from Manchester United for a reported €80million (£72.3m) last year, Lukaku has scored 30 goals this season.

    Getafe boss Bordalas said the difference between his team and Inter was enormous, highlighting how much Lukaku cost.

    "We are sad because I think the team played a great game," he said.

    "We had Inter on the ropes during the second half. We had control of the game and, unfortunately, in our mistake in their first goal after practically nothing had been put forward, but the team did not fall and we had the penalty that would have put us fully into the possibility of passing this tie.

    "It is a shame, but I am proud because the approach has been fantastic, the team has interpreted it great. I am very proud of the work of the players.

    "The difference is very big, only Lukaku cost the same as all of Getafe."

    Jorge Molina missed a 76th-minute penalty for Getafe that would have drawn them level.

    Inter will face either Rangers or Bayer Leverkusen in the Europa League quarter-finals.

  • Lukaku wants Inter improvement after Europa League win Lukaku wants Inter improvement after Europa League win

    Romelu Lukaku is already looking forward after helping Inter reach the Europa League quarter-finals on Wednesday.

    Goals from Lukaku and Christian Eriksen saw Inter beat Getafe 2-0 in Gelsenkirchen to move into the last eight.

    Lukaku moved onto 30 goals in a season for the first time in his career and missed a glorious chance in the second half.

    The striker was quick to forget about squandering that opportunity as he looked ahead.

    "The miss? These things happen in football, but I'm already thinking about the next game," Lukaku told Sky Sport.

    "I want to win and continue to help the team. The work we're doing with the coach is really important.

    "The team is growing and we need to move ahead with the same mentality and desire to improve."

    Jorge Molina missed a 76th-minute penalty for Getafe as Inter moved into a clash against either Rangers or Bayer Leverkusen in the quarter-finals.

    Lukaku became the first Inter player to net 30 goals in a season since Samuel Eto'o in 2010-11 and the Belgian was happy to get on the scoresheet.

    "We knew it would be a difficult game, against an aggressive team," he said.

    "The defence did a really good job and we did well at the front. I'm happy with my goal, and Christian's too."

    Inter will face Rangers or Leverkusen in Dusseldorf on Monday.

© 2020 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.