Au rev-Sarr! Coveted France Under-21 international intends to leave Nice

By Sports Desk April 30, 2020

Malang Sarr will leave Nice at the end of the season after turning down a new contract, with Arsenal, RB Leipzig and Bayer Leverkusen among the clubs linked.

The France Under-21 international has long been considered a potential future pillar of Les Blues' senior side, such has been his development.

Now 21, centre-back Sarr is already in his fourth full season in Nice's first-team squad, having made the breakthrough in the 2016-17 campaign as a 17-year-old.

After making 35 Ligue 1 appearances last term, Nice managed to hold on to Sarr for the 2019-20 season and he played 19 times in France's top flight prior to the coronavirus pandemic bringing things to a halt.

With the Ligue 1 season now officially over, it appears Sarr has already played his final match for his hometown club, announcing he will not sign a new deal in an encouraging turn of events for many clubs supposedly interested in his services.

Related items

  • I can't control everything everyone does - Zaha responds to viral Arsenal Instagram message I can't control everything everyone does - Zaha responds to viral Arsenal Instagram message

    Wilfried Zaha said "I can't control everything everyone does" in response to a video on Instagram in which he appears to point to a 'Zaha to Arsenal' sign. 

    The Crystal Palace winger was heavily linked with a switch to Arsenal, the club he supported as a youngster, prior to the 2019-20 season but the Gunners instead spent big to sign Nicolas Pepe from Lille. 

    In the Instagram story, which went viral on social media, Zaha was seen in a club in front of the sign in the background alongside the caption "So me and Wilfried Zaha have a message for you guys @Arsenal". 

    Zaha has since posted a story on his own account, playing down his involvement by writing: "I'm just enjoying my time off and can't control everything everyone does." 

    The same user who posted the original video later added a message to say Zaha "had no partake in the banter." 

    Zaha's long-term future at Selhurst Park has long been in doubt, with Everton having been credited with an interest in the January transfer window. 

    Speaking last month, Palace boss Roy Hodgson admitted Zaha had revealed his desire to seek a new challenge. 

    "Wilf has made it clear, ever since I came to the club really, that he would relish a move and would like to move on and find some pastures new," Hodgson said. 

    "But he's a very valuable player and the club realises his value and appreciates his value and so really everything will depend I guess – as it always does – [on] what sort of offers the club is going to receive for him and how they will equate that with the need to keep him or the need, maybe, to satisfy his wishes, and allow him to go after giving good service to the club for a period of time."

  • Rumour Has It: Real Madrid to offer Kroos or Isco for Juve's Dybala, Sancho happy to stay at Dortmund Rumour Has It: Real Madrid to offer Kroos or Isco for Juve's Dybala, Sancho happy to stay at Dortmund

    Could Paulo Dybala swap Italy for Spain?

    The Juventus attacker was close to leaving Juventus for either Manchester United or Tottenham prior to the 2019-20 season, while Paris Saint-Germain were also linked.

    Now, Real Madrid are reportedly targeting the 26-year-old.

     

    TOP STORY – KROOS OUT, DYBALA IN?

    Real Madrid are set to offer Toni Kroos or Isco as part of a deal to bring Juventus star Paulo Dybala to the Santiago Bernabeu, according to SportMediaset.

    LaLiga champions Madrid are eyeing a move for Dybala, who has been in negotiations with Serie A titleholders Juve over a new contract amid reported interest from Paris Saint-Germain.

    However, Juve are unwilling to part with the Argentina international – who enjoyed a fine Serie A campaign prior to Maurizio Sarri's sacking as he looks ahead to life under Andrea Pirlo.

    ROUND-UP

    - Kicker claims Jadon Sancho has told Borussia Dortmund he is happy to stay at the club if a blockbuster transfer to Manchester United fails to materialise. The England international has been heavily tipped to join United, with personal terms reportedly agreed.

    Barcelona want to sign Manchester City star Bernardo Silva, reports The Telegraph. The LaLiga giants are eyeing a cash-plus-player deal to try to prise the Portugal international to Camp Nou.

    - Premier League champions Liverpool are poised to sign Olympiacos left-back Kostas Tsimikas, according to widespread reports. Having failed to strike a deal with Norwich City for Jamal Lewis, Liverpool are close to prising Tsimikas from the Greek powerhouse. Meanwhile, The Sun says Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool are targeting a shock £35million swoop for Bournemouth midfielder David Brooks.

    - The front page of Monday's edition of Marca says Madrid head coach Zinedine Zidane must sell before he is able to sign players ahead of the 2020-21 season. Gareth Bale and James Rodriguez are two players unwanted in the Spanish capital as Madrid continue to be linked with the likes of PSG superstar Kylian Mbappe, Dortmund's Erling Haaland and Rennes sensation Eduardo Camavinga.

    - AS Diario reports Villarreal are on the verge of signing Valencia pair Dani Parejo and Francis Coquelin. Valencia captain Parejo and team-mate Coquelin have been told they are free to leave Mestalla.

    Napoli have joined the race to sign Madrid full-back Sergio Reguilon claims Sky Sport Italia. On loan at Sevilla, Reguilon has been linked to Chelsea and Everton.

    - According to Calciomercato, Inter are interested in Tottenham midfielder Tanguy Ndombele. However, salary demands may prove problematic amid talk of a swap deal involving Inter defender Milan Skriniar.

  • Lautaro Martinez 'very happy' at Inter amid Barca links – agent Lautaro Martinez 'very happy' at Inter amid Barca links – agent

    Lautaro Martinez is "very happy" at Inter amid links to LaLiga giants Barcelona, according to his agent Beto Yaque.

    Martinez has been tipped to leave Inter for Barca at the end of the season, though the Italian side have regularly insisted they have no plans to sell the star forward.

    The 22-year-old's €111million (£98.8m) release clause expired in July and Yaque played down the prospect of a transfer from San Siro to Camp Nou.

    "Lautaro's transfer is more in the media than real life," Yaque told La Figura de la Cancha.

    "Lautaro has three years on his contract with Inter and is very happy where he is.

    "He's had a very good season, still has the Europa League to play for and I hope Inter can go all the way in that competition."

    Yaque added: "I've never needed to give him advice and I don't need to now either. He's always been a complete player and has matured over the years."

    Martinez scored 14 Serie A goals as Antonio Conte's Inter finished second and a point behind champions Juventus in 2019-20.

    The Argentina international has managed 19 goals across all competitions ahead of Inter's Europa League quarter-final against Bayer Leverkusen on Monday.

© 2020 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.