Orsolini worth at least €70m amid Juventus interest, says Sabatini

By Sports Desk February 10, 2020

Riccardo Orsolini is worth at least €70million amid reported interest from Juventus, according to Bologna sporting director Walter Sabatini.

Orsolini, 23, joined Bologna on loan from Juve in January 2018 before that move was made permanent ahead of this season.

The attacker has scored seven goals and provided four assists in 23 Serie A games this season, leading to reports Juve may be interested in bringing him back to Turin.

Amid talk Orsolini could return to Juve for €25m, Sabatini insisted there was no buy-back clause and said the one-time Italy international was worth almost triple that.

"I give Orsolini a value of not less than €70m," he told Etv on Monday.

"I repeat that he will not leave. He is followed by the national team like so many others and I think good news is coming to Coverciano [Italy's headquarters].

"I hope he can go to the European Championship, but [Italy coach Roberto] Mancini doesn't need my advice."

Bologna are seventh in Serie A and host Genoa on Saturday.

Related items

  • Lautaro Martinez 'very happy' at Inter amid Barca links – agent Lautaro Martinez 'very happy' at Inter amid Barca links – agent

    Lautaro Martinez is "very happy" at Inter amid links to LaLiga giants Barcelona, according to his agent Beto Yaque.

    Martinez has been tipped to leave Inter for Barca at the end of the season, though the Italian side have regularly insisted they have no plans to sell the star forward.

    The 22-year-old's €111million (£98.8m) release clause expired in July and Yaque played down the prospect of a transfer from San Siro to Camp Nou.

    "Lautaro's transfer is more in the media than real life," Yaque told La Figura de la Cancha.

    "Lautaro has three years on his contract with Inter and is very happy where he is.

    "He's had a very good season, still has the Europa League to play for and I hope Inter can go all the way in that competition."

    Yaque added: "I've never needed to give him advice and I don't need to now either. He's always been a complete player and has matured over the years."

    Martinez scored 14 Serie A goals as Antonio Conte's Inter finished second and a point behind champions Juventus in 2019-20.

    The Argentina international has managed 19 goals across all competitions ahead of Inter's Europa League quarter-final against Bayer Leverkusen on Monday.

  • Pirlo's Juventus appointment surprises Zola Pirlo's Juventus appointment surprises Zola

    Gianfranco Zola said he is "surprised" by Juventus' decision to appoint first-time head coach Andrea Pirlo following Maurizio Sarri's dismissal.

    Pirlo, 41, was sensationally appointed Juve coach on Saturday after the Serie A winners sacked Sarri following their Champions League last-16 exit at the hands of Lyon.

    Former Juve midfielder Pirlo, who was only recently named the Under-23s boss in Turin, will surprisingly have his first taste of senior coaching with the Bianconeri.

    Zola worked as an assistant to Sarri at Chelsea in 2018-19 and he told Sky Sport Italia: "I'd be lying if I said I wasn't surprised by this.

    "It's fascinating and if the project works, it'll go down as a huge success story for the club. It's not an easy job, though, as Juventus are asking to win in a certain way.

    "This is a courageous move from the club and based on the quality of the man, but Pirlo will need their support going forward. It's not simple, but I do think he can have real success."

    Pirlo left Juve in 2015 after the Bianconeri, who had been chasing the treble, were beaten 3-1 in the Champions League final by Barcelona.

    He spent two years in MLS with New York City before calling time on his playing career.

    The 2006 World Cup winner is a six-time Serie A champion, having won two Scudetti with Milan and four with Juve. He twice triumphed in the Champions League as a Rossoneri player, in 2003 and 2007.

  • Solskjaer reveals big hope for Pogba as he considers Man Utd keeper conundrum Solskjaer reveals big hope for Pogba as he considers Man Utd keeper conundrum

    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer would love to see Paul Pogba lift the Europa League again with Manchester United after sensing the Frenchman is fully committed to the cause.

    The United boss has decisions to make in a host of areas and admits it is hard to see how senior goalkeepers David de Gea, Sergio Romero and Dean Henderson can all stay with the club.

    But Pogba's status with United has shifted so considerably that Solskjaer knows he can rely on the French midfielder heading into Monday's quarter-final against Copenhagen.

    There were previously question marks over the World Cup winner's interest in staying with United, but Pogba has once again become a central figure for his manager.

    "We're delighted he's back playing, he's fit and he's enjoying his football," Solskjaer said.

    "He's got to make up for lost time and he's trying to do that. He's training extra, he's always a great personality in and around the place.

    "Hopefully we can see him lift this trophy that he's done before."

    Pogba was in the United side that beat Ajax to win the 2016-17 Europa League, and next season a Champions League campaign awaits.

    It remains to be seen which goalkeepers will remain at United for the 2020-21 season, and even to which one Solskjaer will turn for the Europa League games that bring the campaign to a close.

    Romero and De Gea await the manager's verdict, with Solskjaer saying it was "a nice problem to have".

    Henderson is waiting in the wings potentially for next season after showing stellar form while on loan at Sheffield United.

    "We have Dean, Sergio and David at the moment in the ranks and Lee [Grant], the fantastic pro that he is, he's backing them up," Solskjaer told a news conference.

    "It'll be difficult to keep three of them at the club so we'll see what the decision will be there."

    Solskjaer was speaking in Cologne, where United's remaining games in Europe will take place this season.

    He spoke in glowing terms of the progress made by Anthony Martial, saying the French forward has "made huge strides" and is "physically at the best level in his career".

    Solskjaer also addressed the prospect of playing behind closed doors when there are such high stakes at play, expressing his regret that the pandemic has made such steps necessary.

    "I think it is strange and it's not football as it should be," Solskjaer said.

    "That little bit of passion and that edge to the game is missing because the fans have got to be there.

    "But I have to commend my players. They've handled the situation really well and I know our fans can't want to get back to Old Trafford to support us.

    "We have to make the most of this Europa League now - hopefully get as far as we can so they're looking forward even more to seeing the players."

© 2020 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.