Rumour Has It: West Ham chase Barkley, Atletico and PSG far apart on Cavani price

By Sports Desk January 16, 2020

West Ham have reportedly set an ambitious transfer window target by eyeing an England international.

Whether Chelsea can be tempted to let Ross Barkley leave Stamford Bridge remains to be seen.

According to reports, the Blues are reluctant to let David Moyes be reunited with his former Everton protege.

 

TOP STORY – MOYES TO MOVE FOR ENGLAND STAR BARKLEY?

New  West Ham  manager David Moyes is said to be targeting Chelsea's England midfielder Ross Barkley for a transfer-window switch across London. 

The Mirror reports the Hammers want to take Barkley on loan, but that Chelsea have given them no encouragement as yet. 

Barkley, who began his career playing for Moyes at Everton, started Chelsea's last match, the Premier League win over Burnley.

ROUND-UP

Atletico Madrid still want to bring Edinson Cavani to LaLiga, but negotiations with Paris Saint-Germain look complicated given each club's valuation of the Uruguayan striker. Marca reports Atletico have offered €10million and that PSG are seeking €30million for a player who is in the final six months of his contract.

- Dinamo Zagreb's rising star Dani Olmo could be on his way to Milan, according to Croatian newspaper Sportske Novosti, which claims a €30m offer has been lodged. Spanish winger Olmo has impressed in the Champions League this year and won a first international cap. He was also linked with Barcelona earlier this month, but that interest has reportedly waned.

- Former Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez  looks set to join MLS outfit LA Galaxy in the coming days. The LA Times reports talks between the Galaxy and Hernandez have taken place this week, with a view to bringing in the Mexican forward from LaLiga side Sevilla. The deal could see the Galaxy break their transfer record, which currently stands at a reported $7m for the signing of Giovani dos Santos four-and-a-half years ago.

- Gianluca Di Marzio claims Roma and Milan have opened talks over a swap deal involving Cengiz Under and Suso.

Sevilla look to have the ideal replacement for 'Chicarito' on the way, with 22-year-old Moroccan forward Youssef En-Nesyri reported to have agreed to join from Leganes. AS reports Sevilla will pay his €20m release clause, with a medical due to take place on Thursday before a possible debut against Real Madrid at the Santiago Bernabeu on Saturday.

Inter are still waiting on possible deals for Tottenham's Christian Eriksen and Chelsea striker Olivier Giroud, with sporting director Piero Ausilio quoted by Corriere dello Sport as saying there was "no news" to report as he arrived back in Italy on Wednesday evening. "There are no updates," Ausilio said. "We trust the work we are doing with our coach and our players. If there is the possibility of improving the team even more, we will do it."

Related items

  • Ajax sign Ziyech replacement Antony in €21.75m deal Ajax sign Ziyech replacement Antony in €21.75m deal

    Ajax have confirmed the signing of Antony from Sao Paulo in a €21.75million deal.

    The 19-year-old, who has agreed a five-year contract with the Eredivisie champions, will move on July 1.

    "We will have to be patient for a few more months before Antony can start here, but with him, we are getting a creative player who can play in every position up front," director of football Marc Overmars said via Ajax's website.

    "It's already been established that some of our players will be leaving this summer. We need to plan for that, so it's great that we've been able to finalise this transfer."

    The signing of Antony – a Brazil Under-23 international - comes after Hakim Ziyech agreed to join Chelsea at the end of the season in a deal that could be worth €44m.

  • Rudiger warns 'racism has won' and says Hanau shooting horror is 'the end product' Rudiger warns 'racism has won' and says Hanau shooting horror is 'the end product'

    Chelsea defender Antonio Rudiger claims "racism has won" after he was booed by Tottenham supporters during Saturday's Premier League match at Stamford Bridge.

    Rudiger reported he was racially abused in the December 22 trip to Tottenham, but an investigation conducted by Spurs proved "inconclusive" and police could find no evidence to support the complaint.

    The German was appalled to also be targeted by a number of visiting fans in the second league meeting between the teams in 2019-20.

    Rudiger said the failure of authorities to find a culprit for his previous allegation meant he had become cast to some as a "bogeyman" figure.

    The 26-year-old told German broadcaster Sky Sport after Saturday's match: "Racism has won. They want to make us believe, 'You have no voice'. That's how I see it. Then also thanks to the media, who naturally pushed it that way, nobody was found and such things, the case is closed.

    "And that's why you get booed in the end because you raise your voice. So I say: racism has won."

    The defender was disheartened that nobody was held culpable for the abuse he heard in the December match at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

    "This shows that these people win wherever. They can go back to the stadium," Rudiger said.

    "It doesn't have to be me, it can be someone else. They will not be punished and at the end of the day I am the bogeyman."

    Rudiger vowed he would not be silenced and pledged to continue making his voice heard on matters of discrimination, linking his concerns to the experience of becoming a father last Thursday.

    "It is a catastrophe. One day my child will highly probably suffer because of the way we are today," Rudiger said.

    Rudiger was asked about the shisha bar shooting deaths in Hanau which occurred on Wednesday, with a number of the victims reported to be of Turkish and Kurdish descent and the attack being treated as far-right terrorism.

    He related that to incidents of racism in German football which have seen Hertha Berlin's Jordan Torunarigha and Wurzburg's Leroy Kwadwo targeted for abuse.

    Speaking of Hanau, Rudiger said: "For me, this is the end product. First Torunarigha, then Kwadwo and then there are dead people."

  • Ludogorets appeal to Inter and UEFA for coronavirus decision Ludogorets appeal to Inter and UEFA for coronavirus decision

    Bulgarian champions Ludogorets have demanded assurances that it will be safe to travel to Milan for Thursday's Europa League clash with Inter after Italy's coronavirus outbreak.

    Christian Eriksen and Romelu Lukaku scored as Inter beat Ludogorets 2-0 in the first leg in Bulgaria, but reports have already suggested the San Siro return match could be played behind closed doors.

    Inter's game against Sampdoria on Sunday was postponed over local health concerns, with Italian prime minister Giuseppe Conte confirming the fixture was one of several that would not go ahead.

    Italy is battling to contain the virus, which is officially named Covid-19, after the deaths of two people and confirmation that dozens more have tested positive.

    In a statement issued on Sunday, Ludogorets expressed their concern and appealed to Inter and UEFA to provide swift clarification.

    The statement said: "FC Ludogorets have formally asked UEFA and FC Inter about the situation in the Italian region of Lombardy, whose capital is Milan. Coronavirus-infected cases have been reported there in recent days.

    "More than 600 supporters of the Bulgarian champions are expected to support their favourites at the San Siro on Thursday (February 27) in the rematch of the 1/16 finals of the Europa League.

    "Many of them have already purchased plane tickets, and there is organised bus travel from Bulgaria to Italy.

    "Ludogorets expect an official statement from the European headquarters and a quick explanation from Inter about the situation in the city. If received, the club will immediately notify supporters of the situation in Milan by a message on its official website.

    "PFC Ludogorets will liaise with Bulgarian diplomatic authorities on the situation in Italy."

© 2020 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.