Rumour Has It: Jadon Sancho set for Borussia Dortmund departure

By Sports Desk November 14, 2019

Jadon Sancho could be about to spark a bidding war.

The England international is reportedly ready to leave Borussia Dortmund, a development that will have his numerous European suitors on red alert.

Manchester United have long been linked to Sancho, but could face stiff Premier League competition for his signature.


TOP STORY – SANCHO SEEKING DORTMUND DEPARTURE

Jadon Sancho has become unsettled at Borussia Dortmund and wants to leave, according to the Daily Mail.

The exciting teenage winger is said to have grown dissatisfied with life at Signal Iduna Park after being dropped for a Bundesliga fixture last month for disciplinary reasons.

Head coach Lucien Favre further tested their relationship when he withdrew the Manchester City product before half-time of the heavy Der Klassiker loss to Bayern Munich.

News of Sancho's decision to depart will be noted at Old Trafford, but the report claims Manchester United's bitter Premier League rivals Liverpool are also showing strong interest. 

LaLiga giants Real Madrid appear to be another potential destination for one of the continent's most coveted young stars.

 

ROUND-UP

- Sancho could be heading in the opposite direction to Leroy Sane. The Daily Mirror says Bayern Munich have reignited their interest in the Germany international, who has been sidelined since the start of the season due to a knee injury.

- Granit Xhaka is not the only Arsenal midfielder on AC Milan's radar. According to Calciomercato, the Rossoneri are even more eager to land Lucas Torreira, and will make a move in June after failing to prise him away from north London at the end of last season.

- Chelsea are set for another fight to keep in-form winger Willian as Juventus and Barcelona circle the 31-year-old, the Daily Mirror reports. Frank Lampard wants to keep the Brazilian at Stamford Bridge but Willian's contract is up at the end of the campaign.

- Manchester City captain David Silva could follow in the footsteps of Andres Iniesta, Fernando Torres and David Villa by seeing out his career in Japan. Spanish television programme El Chiringuito says the 33-year-old is in talks to join Vissel Kobe following the completion of his 10-season spell at the Etihad Stadium.

- Leicester City and Aston Villa have been linked to Alfredo Morelos but Rangers are in no rush to sell. That is the assurance of the Scottish side's new sporting director Ross Wilson, who "categorically" stated that an annual loss of £11.3million would not impact the club's determination to keep their Colombian striker.

Related items

  • Chelsea 2-0 Everton: Tuchel extends unbeaten start as Blues boss Chelsea 2-0 Everton: Tuchel extends unbeaten start as Blues boss

    Thomas Tuchel's impressive start to life as Chelsea head coach continued with a 2-0 win over Everton at Stamford Bridge on Monday. 

    The German has now overseen an unbeaten stretch of 11 games since taking over from Frank Lampard on January 26, with this result the Blues' eighth win in that period. 

    Ben Godfrey's first-half own goal put the hosts ahead before Jorginho's penalty after the break ensured Everton's winless run at Chelsea would stretch to 26 Premier League games.

    Chelsea remain in fourth but move back to within three points of third-placed Leicester City - winners against Brighton and Hove Albion this weekend - while the Toffees are now four points further back in fifth.

    The closest either side came in the opening half-hour was a Jorginho effort from outside the penalty area that flashed past Jordan Pickford's right-hand post. 

    The hosts did open the scoring after 31 minutes, though, when Kai Havertz's volley from Marcos Alonso's cross was diverted past Pickford by the unfortunate Godfrey.

    Pickford was called into action shortly before the interval, saving from Alonso, who went close with a free-kick following the restart.

    Havertz had a strike ruled out after he handled the ball before firing past Pickford, but Richarlison squandered a golden opportunity to pull Everton level when he skewed wide after being released by Gylfi Sigurdsson.

    Chelsea wrapped up maximum points after 65 minutes, Jorginho stroking home from the spot after Pickford had brought down Havertz inside the area.

    Superb goalkeeping from Pickford in the closing stages at least prevented Chelsea adding further gloss to the scoreline, the England number one twice keeping out Timo Werner as well as denying N'Golo Kante and Mason Mount.

     

  • Reggae Boyz reject JFF wage offer, willing to forego World Cup qualifiers and Gold Cup Reggae Boyz reject JFF wage offer, willing to forego World Cup qualifiers and Gold Cup

    Reggae Boyz Captain Andre Blake has confirmed that the players have rejected the Jamaica Football Federation’s offer on terms and wages for the upcoming World Cup qualifiers and CONCACAF Gold Cup saying that they are willing to boycott all those competitions as they seek respect and fairness from their local football authorities.

    “The players are prepared to go all the way,” Blake told Sportsmax.TV today. “They treat us like slaves and we are done being slaves!”

    The players had made an initial request of US$7000 per player per match for the World Cup qualifiers set to begin in September. The JFF countered with an offer of US$2000 per match with bonuses of US$1000 for each win and US$500 for a draw. They claim they are unable to afford more.

    The players had until last Friday to sign their contracts but sources indicate that the JFF had extended the deadline by a “few days” to give them more time to mull what has been described as a “take it or leave it” offer.

    However, on the weekend, the players began to post ‘Take A Stand’ memes on their social media pages, a clear indication that they were not willing to accept the JFF’s offer.

    Blake confirmed that to Sportsmax.TV this afternoon.

    “The JFF submitted an offer, we countered that offer and they said they weren’t prepared to counter our offer,” Blake said. “We did have a new offer to put to the JFF and they made it clear, so after they did not counter-counter our offer, we reached out to let them know we were going to send in a new offer and they outright let us know that it was almost pointless to send the new offer because they will not entertain it.

    “What they have on the table is what it is; you sign it you are eligible for selection, if you don’t then you’re not. So, at this point, yes, I and the players said ‘sorry but we cannot sign that contract, so that’s where we’re at right now.”

    Blake said the players have now decided to take a stand because they believe the abuse at the hands of the JFF has been going on for too long. “It’s been generation on top of generation, anybody who has played for Jamaica can attest to this,” he said.

    “If we don’t put a stop to this, 20 years later, my kids’ kids or other players’ kids or public members’ kids are going to be playing for the same money and under the same poor organization, structure and poor professionalism and poor communication and Jamaica football will never get better.”

    He explained further that the current stance that the players are taking is not just about money.

    “It’s more about respect and how the JFF approaches negotiations,” he said referring to the leaked voice note on recent negotiations where JFF officials were heard referring to the players in a disrespectful manner as they tried to negotiate terms for the two-match trip to Saudi Arabia in November 2020.

    “The way the JFF goes about business is unacceptable and the players are just at a point where we think we have had enough,” Blake said. “Some things need to change. The JFF can definitely operate in a more professional manner.

    “There is just so much more than they make it seem as if players are just in it for the money. They can go ahead and violate negotiations by leaking what they want and keep confidential what they want just to paint a bad picture of the players.”

    Asked what he would like to see the JFF do to improve their relationship with the players, Blake said:

    “They JFF need to start to put the players first. The JFF is not putting the players in the best possible position to be successful. And when we are not successful using baskets to carry water, everything falls back on the players.

    “Travel arrangements are poor, hotel accommodations are poor, communication, poor, organization poor. It’s been going on for a while and we have just had enough. That’s the point where we are at right now and it’s nothing about whether you’re willing to play for free.

    “The JFF, they do things backwards. The board should enjoy all the luxury treatment and reap all the benefits while the players go out there and do all the work. It’s slavery and we’re done being slaves for the JFF.”

     Calls to members of the JFF executive went unanswered.

     

  • Sancho still out for Dortmund but Haaland set to face Sevilla Sancho still out for Dortmund but Haaland set to face Sevilla

    Borussia Dortmund will be without Jadon Sancho for "the next few weeks", but interim coach Edin Terzic is set to be able to call on Erling Haaland against Sevilla.

    England winger Sancho scored the winner in Dortmund's DFB-Pokal victory at Borussia Monchengladbach last Tuesday, yet he had to be substituted with a muscle injury just two minutes later.

    The 20-year-old subsequently missed Saturday's Klassiker at Bayern Munich, where BVB threw away an early two-goal lead to lose 4-2.

    It was just the fifth match Sancho has missed this season, but that tally will grow as he takes time to recover.

    Most notably, Sancho will not feature in Tuesday's Champions League last-16 second leg against Sevilla.

    "Jadon will not be available to us for the next few weeks," Terzic said. "With Rapha [Guerreiro] and Gio [Reyna], we have to look."

    The coach added: "[Sancho] is a subject in every press conference, so you know his importance. He is one of the most exceptional players in the world, especially in his age group.

    "But, with Thorgan Hazard, a player has come back. Unfortunately, Jadon is not our only injury, but a few weeks ago you asked about Axel Witsel.

    "Now, when you see Mo Dahoud playing in this position, it's always the chance for another player to show his worth."

    Dortmund hold a 3-2 lead and have home advantage for the second leg, with Sancho having created two chances, including an assist, for Haaland in Seville.

    Haaland scored twice in that match and added another brace against Bayern, but he later departed with a cut to his ankle.

    Terzic confirmed the striker has since taken part in training, however, and he is expected to feature this week.

    "[Haaland] got a knock, but it looks good that he can play," the coach said. "Tomorrow we will have another unit in which he will play."

    Haaland has 10 Champions League goals in just seven games for Dortmund, becoming the fastest player to this mark at any one club as he broke Roy Makaay's 10-match record for Bayern.

    His overall tally in the competition stands at 18 from just 13 outings, meaning he could set a staggering new 20-goal benchmark with a brace on Tuesday. Harry Kane was previously quickest to that total in 24 games.

    Two more goals would also make Haaland the first player ever to net a double in four consecutive Champions League appearances.

    His strikes last time out against Sevilla made him the fifth man to achieve three in a row.

© 2020 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.