Rumour Has It: Ibrahimovic to make shock Manchester United return

By Sports Desk November 02, 2019

A new striker in January is a priority at Manchester United and reports suggest a familiar face could make a sensational return to England.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has previously said the club will be doing business after Christmas, with a striker still required following the departures of Romelu Lukaku and Alexis Sanchez.

Marcus Rashford has scored three goals in his previous two matches, while Anthony Martial marked his return from injury with a goal against Norwich City last Sunday, but a surprising name could provide the answer to United's depth issues up top.

 

TOP STORY – MANCHESTER UNITED MAKE CONTACT WITH IBRAHIMOVIC

Manchester United have made contact with former striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic, according to TuttoMercatoWeb.

Ibrahimovic scored 30 goals in MLS for LA Galaxy in 2019, but they were eliminated from the post-season after a 5-3 defeat to cross-town rivals LAFC in the Western Conference semi-finals last weekend.

Interest in the former Barcelona, Inter Milan and Paris Saint-Germain striker has increased since the end of LA Galaxy's season with the Swede still believing he can contribute at the highest level.

The 38-year-old is currently a free agent and scored 29 goals at Old Trafford in a brief spell with the club previously.

ROUND-UP

- One player who may create funds for Manchester United's January business is defender Chris Smalling, but Corriere dello Sport claim the Red Devils want double the €10 million price Roma are expecting to pay for him. 

- AS are reporting Edinson Cavani is weighing up his future at Paris Saint-Germain with Atletico Madrid and Inter Miami keeping tabs on the Uruguayan.

Stefano Sensi is currently on-loan at Inter Milan from Sassuolo, but Sport claim Sensi's agent is in Barcelona as speculation of a move to the Spanish champions grows.

- The Daily Mail claims Wolves will turn to Lille defender Gabriel Magalhaes in January as they seek reinforcements to cover the injured Willy Boly.

- Chelsea are interested in signing Hertha Berlin winger Javairo Dilrosun when their transfer ban expires, according to Calciomercato.

- L'Equipe say Nantes are among several clubs showing interest in free agent forward Hatem Ben Arfa.

Related items

  • Coronavirus: Sancho among Dortmund stars to break COVID-19 protocol with haircut Coronavirus: Sancho among Dortmund stars to break COVID-19 protocol with haircut

    Borussia Dortmund will remind their players of their responsibilities after Jadon Sancho and some of his team-mates broke the German Football League's (DFL) coronavirus protocol to get a haircut.

    In photographs published by BILD, Sancho, Axel Witsel, Thorgan Hazard, Raphael Guerreiro, Dan-Axel Zagadou and Manuel Akanji were seen getting a trim from barber Winnie Nana Karkari at their homes without wearing masks.

    According to DFL regulations, players should have no contact with the public, stay at home and receive no visitors.

    In a statement released to BILD, Dortmund said: "It is pretty usual that our guys must get their hair cut after all these months. But it is surely a no-go, from both sides, not to wear a mask.

    "We will remind our players about that very, very clearly. Also, the barber should ask himself about his behaviour too."

    Karkari claimed he followed strict hygiene procedures and was wearing his mask at all times other than when pictured.

    He said: "I only took off the mask for the photo, otherwise I followed all hygiene measures very precisely.

    "I disinfected every machine before every customer, always cut with gloves even independently of coronavirus – and I am very, very fussy."

    Dortmund fell seven points behind Bundesliga leaders Bayern Munich after a 1-0 loss to Hansi Flick's side at Signal Iduna Park last week.

    They are next in action at home to Hertha Berlin on Saturday.

  • Coronavirus: Henderson and De Bruyne among Premier League stars raffling shirts for NHS Coronavirus: Henderson and De Bruyne among Premier League stars raffling shirts for NHS

    A number of Premier League stars have put signed shirts up for a charity raffle to raise money for health services in the United Kingdom during the coronavirus pandemic.

    Top-flight players launched their '#PlayersTogether' fund in April, an initiative working alongside NHS Charities Together.

    In the latest development on Wednesday, players donated over 500 signed jerseys to the Shirts for Heroes raffle on eBay, with each ticket costing £5.

    Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson, who was said to be prominent in the initial movement, was among those to post of their involvement on Twitter.

    Henderson and team-mate Virgil van Dijk each quickly gathered more than 150 ticket sales.

    Manchester City's midfield duo Kevin De Bruyne and David Silva were also involved, along with Manchester United skipper Harry Maguire.

  • Henderson and De Bruyne among Premier League stars raffling shirts for charity Henderson and De Bruyne among Premier League stars raffling shirts for charity

    A number of Premier League stars have put signed shirts up for a charity raffle to raise money for health services in the United Kingdom during the coronavirus pandemic.

    Top-flight players launched their '#PlayersTogether' fund in April, an initiative in which they would work with NHS Charities Together.

    In the latest development on Wednesday, players donated over 500 signed jerseys to the Shirts for Heroes raffle on eBay, with each ticket costing £5.

    Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson, who was said to be prominent in the initial movement, was among those to post of their involvement on Twitter.

    Henderson and team-mate Virgil van Dijk each quickly gathered more than 150 ticket sales.

    Manchester City's midfield duo Kevin De Bruyne and David Silva were also involved, along with Manchester United skipper Harry Maguire.

© 2020 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.