BREAKING NEWS: Cardiff ordered to pay Nantes €6m for Sala

By Sports Desk September 30, 2019
Cardiff City have been told by the FIFA Players' Status Committee to pay Nantes €6million for the late Emiliano Sala.

Related items

  • Rumour Has It: Guardiola has break clause in Manchester City contract Rumour Has It: Guardiola has break clause in Manchester City contract

    Murmurs about Pep Guardiola's potential departure from Manchester City are not going away.

    Recent reports have suggested the successful Catalan could look to leave the Etihad Stadium at the end of the season.

    It now appears Guardiola has the power to make that happen.

     

    TOP STORY – GUARDIOLA'S ESCAPE ROUTE

    An exit clause in the contract Guardiola signed last year gives the two-time Premier League winner the chance to leave City at the conclusion of the campaign, reports the Daily Mail.

    Guardiola's deal, which he renewed in May 2018, runs through to 2021, but it seems he will have a decision to make when the club's title defence comes to a close.

    City have formulated contingency plans, according to the report, and are "known to be admirers" of former Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino.

    Guardiola, 48, has been linked with a return to Bayern Munich but last month said he was "open" to signing another contract extension with City.

     

    ROUND-UP

    - Manchester United missed out on Liverpool-bound Takumi Minamino because the Old Trafford club were unaware of a £7.25million exit clause in the winger's Salzburg contract, says the Mirror.

    - Bundesliga side Borussia Dortmund want to keep Jadon Sancho in January but Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's United are confident of pushing through a transfer for the England international, claims the Mirror.

    - Inter are monitoring Argentine attacking midfielder Rodrigo De Paul but are not prepared to meet Udinese's €35m asking price, according to CalcioMercato.

    - Carlo Ancelotti is set to fly to London for talks with Everton as the managerless Merseysiders look to beat Arsenal to the ex-Napoli boss, says the Sun.

    - Ivan Rakitic appears set to stay at Barcelona after all. The midfielder wants to continue at Camp Nou after breaking back into the starting XI over the past four matches, reports Marca.

  • Australia, New Zealand bid to co-host 2023 Women's World Cup Australia, New Zealand bid to co-host 2023 Women's World Cup

    Australia and New Zealand have come together to submit a bid to co-host the 2023 FIFA Women's World Cup.

    Football Federation Australia (FFA) and New Zealand Football (NZF) confirmed the joint bid in Melbourne on Friday.

    The move was made with FIFA expanding the tournament from 24 teams to 32 in 2023.

    "As trusted members of FIFA, FFA and NZF are committed to hosting an excellent Women's World Cup that delivers real benefits for the game not only during tournament time, but in the lead up to the competition and afterwards," FFA chairman Chris Nikou said in a statement.

    "The decision to host the FIFA Women’s World Cup in 2023 in Australia and New Zealand, two leading nations in the promotion of women's football and gender equality, will accelerate the game at both the grassroots and professional levels, lighting a path for future generations of footballers, administrators, and fans in Asia-Pacific."

    NZF president Johanna Wood said: "NZF and FFA are excited to be joining together 'As One' to bid for the FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. The opportunity to partner, across not just member association boundaries but also confederation boundaries, represents a new level of cooperation for football.

    "I would like to thank the team who have worked tirelessly to get our submission together which is no mean feat but, more importantly, demonstrates the strong relationship between our two nations and member associations."

    Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Japan and South Korea, potentially alongside North Korea, are also set to bid to host the tournament.

  • Sanchez: Monterrey's biggest opponents are ourselves against Al Sadd Sanchez: Monterrey's biggest opponents are ourselves against Al Sadd

    Monterrey defender Nicolas Sanchez believes his team's biggest opponents against Al Sadd at the Club World Cup will be themselves.

    The Mexican giants and Al Sadd will meet in Doha on Saturday looking to book a clash against European champions Liverpool in the semi-finals.

    Sanchez feels Monterrey have the quality to beat Al Sadd, who edged past Hienghene Sport on Wednesday.

    "I'm sure it will be a completely different game from what we saw [on Wednesday]. We didn't know any of the teams, except for some tapes, at least myself," he told a news conference.

    "Now we have some idea of what we'll face on Saturday. Even though I think Saturday's game will have a different intensity, it won't be the same as yesterday. We saw a team that has the ball, that tries to create.

    "We think that the greatest opponent this weekend are ourselves. If we manage to play with the intensity and the offensive power we show each matchday at Mexico we are sure we have strong weapons to face Al Sadd.

    "We have to get it and we don't have to think the game will be easy."

    Sanchez, 33, accepted Monterrey were favourites to move through into a meeting with Champions League holders Liverpool.

    "There's no reason to hide it. We're the favourites for this weekend. Yesterday they [Al Sadd] were the favourites," he said.

    "That doesn't guarantee anything. It doesn't mean the game will be easy."

© 2018 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.