Rumour Has It: Pogba demands double-your-money deal at United as Spurs eye Southgate

By Sports Desk September 29, 2019

If Manchester United want to keep Paul Pogba, it is going to cost them.

Pogba wanted to leave Old Trafford as Real Madrid and Juventus circled before the transfer window closed.

Now, Pogba has some personal demands for United.

 

TOP STORY – POGBA MAKES CONTRACT DEMAND

Manchester United star Paul Pogba wants to double his salary to £30million in order to stay at the club, reports Tuttosport.

Pogba eyed an Old Trafford exit prior to the close of the transfer window, with LaLiga giants Real Madrid and former club Juventus interested.

A move did not materialise and now Pogba is looking to secure a new bumper contract in Manchester.

 

ROUND-UP

- According to the Daily Star, England manager Gareth Southgate is Tottenham's first choice to succeed Mauricio Pochettino. The pressure is on at Spurs, who are struggling for form as doubts grow over Pochettino's future in London. Despite Tottenham's dismal start to the season, though, The Sun claims Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is reluctant to part with Pochettino as he feels it would benefit rivals United and Madrid.

- The Express reports West Ham have slapped a £100million price tag on Manchester United and Manchester City target Declan Rice. The Red Devils were linked with the England international during the off-season, however, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side were unable to lure Rice to Old Trafford.

Bayern Munich are still interested in injured Manchester City winger Leroy Sane, according to The Sun. Bundesliga champions Bayern were hoping to sign Sane before the Germany international suffered a serious knee injury.

- The Mirror claims Champions League holders Liverpool fear losing manager Jurgen Klopp to Germany. The Premier League leaders believe they will not be able to convince the former Borussia Dortmund boss to stay at Anfield should he be presented with an opportunity to replace Joachim Low.

Madrid are ready to compete with LaLiga rivals Barcelona for the signing of Napoli's Spanish midfielder Fabian Ruiz according to reports from La Gazzetta dello Sport and Mundo Deportivo.

- Manchester United will demand £20million for Dean Henderson after re-signing star goalkeeper David De Gea, says The Sun. England Under-21 keeper Henderson is on loan at Premier League side Sheffield United but dropped a clanger in Saturday's defeat to Liverpool.

Related items

  • Should Bale leave Madrid? We are all united, says Zidane Should Bale leave Madrid? We are all united, says Zidane

    Zinedine Zidane brushed off a question about Gareth Bale's future at Real Madrid, insisting the team is united.

    Bale has played just 100 minutes for Madrid in LaLiga since the competition returned from its three-month hiatus amid the coronavirus pandemic.

    Despite not spending much time on the pitch, the 30-year-old, who remained at the club after a move to Jiangsu Suning broke down following Zidane's return last year, has continued to make headlines.

    During the 2-0 victory over Deportivo Alaves last week he was seen on camera with his face mask over his eyes, before turning and laughing with his team-mates.

    He then simulated holding a pair of binoculars in front of his face while he watched Madrid's meeting with Granada on Monday from the stands at Los Carmenes.

    Asked if Bale should leave Madrid, Zidane told a news conference: "What a question.

    "You try to put things between us, but you won't be able to. Every day you ask the same thing. You can do it; you have the right to ask what you want.

    "But we're united. Gareth, James [Rodriguez], everyone."

    Madrid will be crowned LaLiga champions if they beat Villarreal at the Estadio Alfredo Di Stefano on Thursday.

  • Chelsea new boy Ziyech not deterred by Premier League physicality Chelsea new boy Ziyech not deterred by Premier League physicality

    Chelsea's recent signing Hakim Ziyech is confident he can dispel fears that the Premier League will be too physical for him.

    Winger Ziyech completed his move from Ajax to Stamford Bridge at the start of this month after a £33.3million deal was agreed between the two clubs back in February.

    The Moroccan's creativity was evident throughout his time in the Eredivisie - where he provided at least 10 assists in each of his six previous campaigns - while he scored five times during Ajax's run to the 2018-19 Champions League semi-finals too.

    However, Ziyech's former Ajax team-mate Anwar El Ghazi - who now plays for Aston Villa - jokingly told his friend he would need to hit the gym to adjust to the demands of the Premier League.

    Ziyech is aware of the theory he may be too lightweight to thrive in the English top flight, yet he believes his intelligence can help him adapt.

    "They always told me the Premier League is a tough competition. I know it is," he told Chelsea TV.

    "They always said, 'You're physically not ready', and stuff like that.

    "But if you see in all competitions, players have the same body as me, football is just playing with your head and being smart and creating spaces, it's always in the small things."

    The 27-year-old Netherlands-born winger was in attendance at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday to watch the Blues boost their Champions League hopes by beating Norwich City 1-0.

    He will hope to be playing in Europe's elite competition next season when he is allowed to play for Chelsea, a club he grew up idolising.

    "When I was a young guy, you always want to play for a big club," he added.

    "If you look at when I was young, the players that played here, it was always a big club. I'm very happy.

    "I can remember I was playing in the youth at Heerenveen and here was playing [Didier] Drogba, [Frank] Lampard, [John] Terry, we were always for Chelsea.

    "If you look at it now, that you can play here, it means a lot to me."

  • IFAB extends option for five substitutes into 2021 IFAB extends option for five substitutes into 2021

    The International Football Association Board (IFAB) has extended the option for competitions to allow five substitutes per team in every match into 2021.

    Football's rules governing body took the decision to give competitions scheduled to be completed by the end of 2020 the option to permit five subs back in May as leagues around the world resumed following widespread coronavirus-enforced stoppages.

    Its board of directors conducted an in-depth review to determine whether to extend the option following feedback from stakeholders and an assessment of COVID-19's impact on competition calendars.

    The board took the decision to extend it to competitions set to be completed by July 31, 2021 and to international competitions scheduled in July/August 2021.

    A FIFA media release said that the reasons for giving competitions the option remain valid and that player welfare will likely continue to be impacted due to the shorter-than-usual recovery and preparation period athletes in competitions that resumed in 2020 may have before the start of the 2020-21 season.

    The release also pointed to the condensed fixture schedule that is set to be a feature of most major competitions next term due to delayed starts and major international tournaments preventing a later end to the 2020-21 campaign.

    The Premier League, LaLiga, the Bundesliga and Serie A are all set to start in September and end in May, with Ligue 1 - which will commence in August - the lone exception among the top five European leagues.

    Euro 2020 - delayed to 2021 because of the pandemic - is scheduled to begin on June 11, as is the 2021 Copa America. Both competitions are set to finish on July 11.

© 2020 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.