Rumour Has It: Real Madrid close to sealing Bruno Fernandes deal

By Sports Desk September 02, 2019

Real Madrid look set to finally land a midfielder before the transfer window closes.

The LaLiga giants have been linked to numerous midfielders and, after a slow start to the season, they may make a signing ahead of the window shutting on Monday.

Madrid are reportedly close to strengthening their squad by completing a move for Sporting CP star Bruno Fernandes.

 

TOP STORY – REAL MADRID CLOSE TO SEALING FERNANDES DEAL

Real Madrid have almost completed a deal for Fernandes, according to ESPN.

The Portugal international, 24, was linked to Manchester United and Tottenham earlier in the window.

Now, the Sporting captain looks set for Madrid, who have reportedly targeted United's Paul Pogba, Spurs' Christian Eriksen and Ajax's Donny van de Beek during the close season.

It comes just days after Fiorentina sporting director Daniele Prade said Fernandes was heading to Madrid for €70million.

 

ROUND-UP

- The Neymar saga will finally end – for now – with the Paris Saint-Germain star staying with the Ligue 1 champions. L'Equipe reports the Brazil international will remain with PSG, while Sport reports Barcelona will resume their pursuit of Neymar in 2020.

- That could mean a few more eyes on Mauro Icardi on Monday. PSG are in talks with Inter over a potential loan deal for the forward, according to RMC Sport and Gianluca Di Marzio.

- Pogba may still be hoping to eventually get his move to Real Madrid. The Mirror reports the France international will resist signing a new deal with Premier League giants Manchester United, with his current contract running until 2021, although the club have an option to extend that by a year.

- Javier Hernandez should get a deadline-day move from West Ham. The Premier League club have agreed to sell the forward to Sevilla for close to €8.9m (£8m), according to Sky Sports News.

- Henrikh Mkhitaryan came off the bench during Arsenal's draw against Tottenham on Sunday and he could be on his way out of the Emirates Stadium a day later. Roma are pressing hard to sign the midfielder on loan with an option to buy, according to Gianluca Di Marzio.

- Phil Foden may have to wait for his chances at Manchester City, but the Premier League champions are keen to keep the teenage midfielder in their squad. The Sun reports City rejected loan bids from Rangers and Roma for the England youth international.

Related items

  • Dembele: I'm staying at Lyon Dembele: I'm staying at Lyon

    Moussa Dembele is prepared to frustrate a host of admirers and remain at Lyon - at least until the end of the season.

    Manchester United are reported to have sent a scout to watch striker Dembele in Tuesday's Coupe de la Ligue semi-final clash with Lille, the 23-year-old scoring a first-half penalty and then converting his spot-kick in a shoot-out as Lyon edged through.

    Dembele, who has also been linked with Chelsea and Tottenham, joined Lyon in 2018 and is in no rush to leave.

    He told reporters after the game: "I am a Lyon player and I will remain so until the end of the season.

    "I do not think that there will be a departure this winter. Lots of things are being said but it's up to me to ignore that and remain concentrated on the pitch."

    The news will come as a blow to United in particular with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer thought to be keen to bolster his attacking options.

    Marcus Rashford is out for at least two months with a double stress fracture in his back while the club have yet to replace Romelu Lukaku and Alexis Sanchez, both of whom joined Inter over the close season, the latter on loan.

    Dembele's stance will also please Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas, who, speaking earlier this month, was adamant the former Celtic man would not be leaving the Groupama Stadium.

    He said: "Moussa Dembele will not leave because he wants to stay and win something with OL.

    "There have been offers for him and for other players, but none of those whom we want to keep will leave in January."

  • Rumour Has It: Manchester United launch £30m Bellingham bid Rumour Has It: Manchester United launch £30m Bellingham bid

    Manchester United have lined up another exciting midfield transfer target amid their ongoing pursuit of Bruno Fernandes.

    As the wrangling over figures with Sporting CP continues, the Red Devils have reportedly submitted a sizeable offer to Birmingham City for teenage talent Jude Bellingham.

    But making the first move might only spark a European bidding war.

     

    TOP STORY – UNITED SUBMIT BELLINGHAM BID

    Birmingham youngster Bellingham's clear potential has convinced United to launch an offer worth more than £30million, reports the Sun and Sky Sports.

    The 16-year-old midfielder has burst onto the scene this season and the Old Trafford outfit are understood to be keen to test him in the Premier League.

    However, they could face stiff competition from Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, Liverpool and other heavyweight clubs across the continent.

    The Mirror, meanwhile, claims United have made a "breakthrough" in negotiations for Portugal international Fernandes, having reached a "compromise" transfer fee in the region of £55m.

     

    ROUND-UP

    - David Beckham's Inter Miami have contacted Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero to assess his interest in a switch to MLS, adds the Sun.

    - Tottenham have enquired about Real Madrid winger and former Spurs star Gareth Bale, according to Spanish television programme El Chiringuito.

    - Barcelona, still searching for a new striker, have ruled out RB Leipzig's Timo Werner and Lille's Victor Osimhen, suggests Mundo Deportivo, with Valencia's Rodrigo Moreno a more likely target.

    - Serie A side Roma are set to discuss personal terms with Matteo Politano after agreeing a €25million fee with Inter, according to Sky Sport Italia.

    - Inter, meanwhile, are said to be in discussions with United youngster Tahith Chong, who is also on Chinese outfit Jiangsu Suning's radar as his contract runs close to expiring, says Sky Sport Italia.

    - Brescia midfielder Sandro Tonali is interesting Premier League champions City and Ligue 1 leaders Paris Saint-Germain, reports SportMediaset.

  • Lampard challenges Chelsea keeper Kepa to show 'mettle' amid criticism Lampard challenges Chelsea keeper Kepa to show 'mettle' amid criticism

    Frank Lampard encouraged Kepa Arrizabalaga to stand up under scrutiny following Chelsea's wasteful 2-2 Premier League draw against Arsenal on Tuesday.

    Spain international Kepa, whose form has been called into question, appeared slow to react to Hector Bellerin's curling equaliser in the 87th minute at Stamford Bridge.

    Jorginho and Cesar Azpilicueta earlier scored either side of Gabriel Martinelli's solo effort but the Blues were left to rue two dropped points despite having a man advantage for over an hour following David Luiz's red card.

    "I know there's a focus on him at the minute," Lampard said when asked about Kepa.

    "That's top-line football. Yeah, with his feet, a couple of times he took too long and nearly gave it away. Sometimes that can change the momentum of a game.

    "That's something he will know, has to look at and we will look at. It's normal.

    "Any player, particularly goalkeepers, people will look at you. That's when you stand up and show the mettle you've got. He is not the only one.

    "We are in fourth position, which is seen as pretty good. I know and we know there should be another 10 points on the board at least on performance. All of us need to look at those finer details."

    Chelsea also have concerns at the other end, with Tammy Abraham in visible discomfort during the latter stages of the game after sliding into the advertising hoarding.

    Lampard said he was unsure about the severity of the injury, which resulted in the striker being helped off at full-time.

    "I don't know. He has got a bang on his ankle. He had ice on it," the Blues boss said.

    "I haven't spoken to him yet, so I can't really update you on that."

    Christian Pulisic, meanwhile, is not expected to return from an adductor problem until after the February break.

© 2020 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.