Dembele is certain to stay at Barcelona – agent

By Sports Desk August 20, 2019

Ousmane Dembele is certain to remain with Barcelona despite interest from elsewhere, according to his agent.

Dembele, 22, has been linked with a move away from the LaLiga champions amid reports he could be included in a deal that would see Barca sign Neymar from Paris Saint-Germain.

However, the France attacker's agent, Moussa Sissoko, said Dembele would stay at Barcelona.

"Evolving in a club as prestigious and ambitious as FC Barcelona involves a competition that will advance and sublimate any player," Sissoko said in a widely reported statement on Tuesday.

"In any case, it is the point of view rooted in Ousmane's mind. He is Barcelona and he will remain 1,000 per cent with the firm desire to honour the colours of the club."

Dembele is set to miss five weeks for Barcelona – who suffered a 1-0 loss to Athletic Bilbao on Friday – after straining his left hamstring.

Injuries hampered Dembele's first season at the club after a €105million move from Borussia Dortmund in August 2017, while he scored 14 goals in 42 games in 2018-19.

However, Dembele is still hungry to deliver for Barcelona despite his injury woes, his agent said.

"I wanted to clarify firmly and definitively the situation of Ousmane Dembele. He does not plan to leave FC Barcelona for a moment," Sissoko said.

"This is the course of action fixed for several months now and no element is or will be likely to cause us to deviate. Ousmane feels perfectly well within the club and he remains in his determination to impose himself in the long term.

"Despite the solicitations of several great European clubs, Ousmane is convinced to be in the heart of the largest of them and everything is there to make it flourish.

"Ousmane is aware of what he has to do on a daily basis to make his Barcelona adventure a complete success. Unfortunately, his injury temporarily stops him in his motivation to make a great and beautiful season, symbolised by its anticipated recovery of a week.

"But this has no impact on his thirst for success and he is confident to return as soon as possible."

Related items

  • Bale named in Real Madrid squad after Wales banner controversy Bale named in Real Madrid squad after Wales banner controversy

    Gareth Bale has been included in Real Madrid's squad for their LaLiga encounter with Real Sociedad despite the controversy caused by his celebrations after Wales' successful Euro 2020 qualification.

    Wales booked their place at next year's finals with a 2-0 win over Hungary in Cardiff on Tuesday.

    Bale, who has not played for Madrid since October 5, featured from the start for Ryan Giggs' side and was pictured after the match singing and dancing behind a banner that read: 'WALES. GOLF. MADRID…IN THAT ORDER'.

    The slogan originates from a chant by Wales supporters that pokes fun at perceptions among the Spanish media, who have accused Bale of bumping Madrid down his list of priorities and spending too much time on the golf course.

    Those celebrations drew further criticism from sections of the Madrid press and Los Blancos' fanbase, but Zidane – whose relationship with Bale has reportedly been a troubled one – claimed on Friday that the issue had been overblown.

    Zidane has now included Bale in his squad for Saturday's clash with Sociedad, who would move above Madrid with a win at the Santiago Bernabeu.

    Bale's inclusion comes at the expense of Vinicius Junior, with the teenage winger missing out on the 19-man selection.

    Vinicius has made eight appearances in LaLiga this term, though only four of those have been starts.

  • Pioli: Ibrahimovic is a great champion, but AC Milan not focused on January Pioli: Ibrahimovic is a great champion, but AC Milan not focused on January

    AC Milan coach Stefano Pioli has repeated his praise of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, but insists the Serie A club are not yet focusing on new signings.

    Ibrahimovic has been linked with a return to Milan, where he spent two seasons between 2010 and 2012 before moving to Paris Saint-Germain, after the 38-year-old left MLS club LA Galaxy.

    Pioli has previously lauded Ibrahimovic, however, he insisted it was too early to talk about the upcoming transfer window in January.

    Milan's coach was pressed for his thoughts on Ibrahimovic - who is now reported to be a target for new Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho - ahead of Saturday's clash with Napoli, but Pioli reiterated the Rossoneri are not yet focused on January arrivals.

    "I have already explained what I think, he is a great champion for his technical skills and his professionalism," Pioli told a news conference.

    "I end it here, our present is too important.

    "With the team I have to think only of the field and tomorrow's match. For judgments on the market, I will do it later, we are only in November.

    "We are focused on the difficult and very important match of tomorrow. We have to give 200 per cent and that's what I expect from the team."

    Milan sit 14th in Serie A, having taken just 13 points from their opening 12 matches of the season.

    However, Pioli believes Milan's display in a 1-0 defeat to Juventus before the international break gives his side a platform from which to build on.

    "It starts from the performance in Turin, which was against one of the best in Europe," Pioli added.

    "We now play against a strong team like Napoli which is equipped for the Champions League and to win the Scudetto. Napoli are strong but we are not far behind."

  • Suarez 'very happy' at Barcelona but MLS switch a possibility Suarez 'very happy' at Barcelona but MLS switch a possibility

    Luis Suarez is "very happy" at Barcelona but admits he is open to the possibility of joining a Major League Soccer club.

    The Uruguay international is in his sixth season at Camp Nou and has another full campaign left to run on his current deal.

    Suarez, who turns 33 in January, has been touted as a possible target for David Beckham's Inter Miami franchise ahead of their MLS debut next year.

    Several established stars have made the switch Stateside in recent years, including the likes of Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Wayne Rooney, while talented youngsters have been lured from South America.

    "MLS is a competition which has grown a lot in the last few years and you can see that with the young players that have moved there in the last two years, above all the South Americans," Suarez told ESPN FC.

    "That shows that the league wants to grow and not just bring in players of a certain age that are going to retire there. They look for that mix to make the league better."

    Seattle Sounders midfielder Nicolas Lodeiro said earlier this month that international team-mate Suarez has discussed the possibility of joining him in MLS.

    The former Liverpool striker confirmed those talks took place and is not ruling out a move further down the line, describing the thought of playing in America as a "nice possibility".

    "I didn't commit to anything [with Lodeiro]," Suarez said. "I had a conversation with him. MLS is a league that any player would be interested in and I asked him about the competition and about his team-mates.

    "I have a contract with Barca and I am very happy here. In the future you never know, it's an attractive league.

    "Given that I have been lucky to have had success at the top level for a long time, what I would look out for next is stability for my family and the well-being of my children.

    "They would all make the decision along with me and the United States is a nice possibility."

© 2018 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.