I guess Madrid target Van de Beek will remain with Ajax – Ten Hag

By Sports Desk August 12, 2019

Ajax head coach Erik ten Hag said Donny van de Beek could stay at the Eredivisie champions despite interest from Real Madrid.

Van de Beek has already confirmed Madrid are in talks with Ajax over his transfer as the LaLiga giants struggle to prise Paul Pogba from Manchester United.

However, it seems €60million target and 22-year-old Netherlands international Van de Beek will remain in Amsterdam.

"[Van de Beek] only dedicates himself to playing," Ten Hag said ahead of Tuesday's second leg against PAOK, with the third-round Champions League qualifier locked at 2-2.

"I guess and I hope that he stays with us this season.

"Otherwise, I will hear from [Ajax's director of football,] Marc Overmars."

Van de Beek starred as Ajax earned a draw away to PAOK in the opening leg in Thessaloniki, while he has managed two goals in two Eredivisie matches this season.

He made 57 appearances for Ajax in 2018-19, scoring 17 goals and supplying 13 assists as Ten Hag's men clinched an Eredivisie and KNVB Beker double and reached the semi-finals of the Champions League.

 

Related items

  • Coman suffers no serious knee damage Coman suffers no serious knee damage

    Bayern Munich will be without Kingsley Coman until after the Bundesliga's mid-season break, but the winger suffered no serious damage after sustaining a knee injury against Tottenham.

    Coman, who had opened the scoring, went off early in the Champions League encounter at Allianz Arena after appearing to suffer a hyperextension of his left knee while attempting to chase down an errant pass.

    Bayern then said Coman had suffered a "capsule tear in the left knee" but a further update from the club on Thursday delivered a more positive update.

    The France international is expected to be fit enough to return to action next month, says the club's chief medical officer Hans-Wilhelm Muller-Wohlfahrt.

    "Naturally, we were all extremely worried at first. But Kingsley is very lucky," Muller-Wohlfahrt told the club's official website.

    "Our tests have shown that he will only miss the next three games and will be back in time to join mid-season training in Doha."

    Coman has endured terrible injury problems during his young career, missing three months of action at the start of the season due to ankle ligament damage sustained on the opening weekend.

    The attacker previously signalled he would consider early retirement if his injury issues persisted, torn knee ligaments and serious ankle problems having marred his 2016-17 season.

    "It was a very difficult year," Coman told TF1. "When I hurt myself, it was the end of the world for me.

    "I hope I don't have to relive what I've been through, enough is enough. I will not accept a third operation – it will mean maybe my foot is not made for this level. I will then lead another life, an anonymous life."

  • Tomori signs new five-year Chelsea deal Tomori signs new five-year Chelsea deal

    Chelsea have announced Fikayo Tomori has signed a new long-term contract, with the young defender committing his future to the club through to 2024.

    Tomori is one of the players to have earned the trust of Frank Lampard this season, having shone for the Chelsea boss when on loan at Derby County last season.

    The 21-year-old centre-back has started 11 Premier League games and made his England debut in a Euro 2020 qualifier against Kosovo last month.

    Though Chelsea are reportedly set to spend in January having had their transfer ban reduced on appeal, Tomori has been rewarded for his fine form with a new deal.

    "It's obviously a very proud moment for myself and my family. I've been at the club since I was seven years old so I don't really know much else other than Chelsea," Tomori told the club's official website.

    "The club has been so good to me, looking after and developing me during that time into the player and the person I am today. 

    "It's a dream come true to sign a new five-year contract. I'm really happy the club have shown this faith in me and I'm just excited to carry on."

    Tomori is the latest Chelsea academy product to sign new terms this year, following team-mates Mason Mount and Callum Hudson-Odoi, who have also broken into the senior England squad.

    "We are very happy to see another fantastic young player come through from our academy into the senior team," said Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia. 

    "Fikayo has been with us since he was seven years old and has contributed to many Chelsea successes at youth level.

    "Having enjoyed an impressive loan spell at Derby last season, Fikayo had a strong start to this campaign and we are enjoying seeing him grow into a key player for us. We are delighted he has committed to the club for the coming years."

  • Liverpool, Man City lead FIFA TOTY nominations as Griezmann and Pogba miss out Liverpool, Man City lead FIFA TOTY nominations as Griezmann and Pogba miss out

    Liverpool lead the way with 10 nominations for the EA Sports FIFA Team of the Year.

© 2018 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.