Fenerbahce confirm Elmas to join Napoli

By Sports Desk July 22, 2019

Eljif Elmas will join Serie A side Napoli from Fenerbahce, it was confirmed on Monday.

Turkish giants Fenerbahce announced North Macedonia international Elmas is set to fly to Italy to complete his reported €15million move to Napoli.

The 19-year-old has been linked with Napoli throughout the transfer window and he will now fill the midfield void left by Amadou Diawara's transfer to Roma and Marko Rog's proposed switch to Cagliari.

"Eljif, who wears our uniform at a young age and who is proud of being a supporter of Fenerbahce, carries our coat of arms with his potential and loyalty to our colours. Wish you a future full of success," Fenerbahce said in a statement.

"We believe that our footballer will represent Fenerbahce and our country in the best way in his new team."

Elmas joined Fenerbahce from North Macedonian side Rabotnicki in 2017.

He scored four goals in 29 league appearances last season as Fenerbahce finished sixth in the Super Lig.

 

Related items

  • Barcelona 'cannot afford' to lose Vidal in January, says Blaugrana president Bartomeu Barcelona 'cannot afford' to lose Vidal in January, says Blaugrana president Bartomeu

    Barcelona "cannot afford" to let unsettled midfielder Arturo Vidal leave the club in January, according to president Josep Maria Bartomeu.

    Vidal has started just four of Barca's 20 matches this season and last month vowed to quit the Spanish champions next year if he is not made to "feel important".

    Barca boss Ernesto Valverde has opened the door for the Chile international to find a new team, with Inter CEO Giuseppe Marotta recently hinting his side are interested.

    However, Bartomeu is expecting Vidal - a reported €18million signing from Bayern Munich in August 2018 - to remain at Camp Nou until at least the end of the season.

    "No movement is expected in January," he told La Repubblica. "We have a balanced squad - we don't lack anything, but we also cannot afford to lose someone. 

    "Several times before a player has showed a willingness to leave, but never in January. In some cases we have let them go, on other occasions we have convinced them to stay."

    Barcelona travel to Inter in the Champions League on Tuesday with top spot already assured in Group F, while the Italians need to match Borussia Dortmund's result against Slavia Prague.

    Lautaro Martinez has been in fine form for the Serie A leaders this season, leading to reports he is on Barca's radar, but Bartomeu was unwilling to comment on the speculation.

    "This is a trap question," he said. "What I can say is that Inter are playing very well and he is not the only player who has impressed me. It is no coincidence that Inter are top of Serie A."

  • Rumour Has It: Juventus offer Haaland €3m per season Rumour Has It: Juventus offer Haaland €3m per season

    Erling Haaland is sought after across Europe and it seems Juventus have made the first move.

    Haaland, 19, has already scored 28 goals in 21 games for Salzburg this season, including eight in the Champions League.

    The Norway forward is attracting interest from the world's biggest clubs and Juventus are not prepared to wait around.

     

    TOP STORY – JUVENTUS OFFER HAALAND €3M PER SEASON

    Juventus have offered Haaland €3million per season, according to Corriere dello Sport.

    Haaland has been linked to the likes of Manchester United, Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund among others.

    Juve may be looking to add some youth to their attack, with Cristiano Ronaldo (34) and Gonzalo Higuain (31) in their 30s and Mario Mandzukic (33) out of favour.

    ROUND-UP

    - Arsenal are still looking for a replacement for Unai Emery. Former Bayern Munich coach Niko Kovac wants the job, according to Goal, while the Daily Express reports there is a tug of war between the Premier League club and Manchester City over Mikel Arteta, who is an assistant at the Etihad Stadium.

    - A 1-1 draw at Udinese on Saturday left Napoli winless in nine matches, further increasing the pressure on coach Carlo Ancelotti. CalcioMercato reports a lack of good options to replace Ancelotti have bought the Italian more time, but Napoli must beat Genk in the Champions League on Tuesday.

    - At Everton, Shanghai SIPG coach Vitor Pereira is the favourite to be named Marco Silva's successor, according to the Daily Mail. David Moyes and Eddie Howe are reportedly the other leading candidates.

    - Chris Smalling has impressed while on loan at Roma. Now, Inter and Juventus have joined Roma in wanting to sign the defender permanently from Manchester United, according to Sport Witness.

    - Seemingly no longer in Chelsea's plans, Pedro could be set to leave Stamford Bridge. The Daily Mail reports Aston Villa are ready to offer the Spanish forward a way out of the club.

    - Inter are interested in Parma midfielder Dejan Kulusevski, who is on loan from Atalanta, according to CalcioMercato.

  • I wanted to hug him – Pioli overcome with joy after Mihajlovic's return to the bench I wanted to hug him – Pioli overcome with joy after Mihajlovic's return to the bench

    Milan coach Stefano Pioli said he was so overcome with emotion following Sinisa Mihajlovic's return to the Bologna bench on Sunday that he just wanted to hug his opposite number.

    Mihajlovic was back on the touchline for the first time since a bone marrow transplant last month, having been diagnosed with leukaemia earlier in the year.

    Bologna were unable to make Mihajlovic's return a victorious one, however, as Milan claimed a slender 3-2 win despite Nicola Sansone's late penalty leading to a tense finish.

    But Pioli spoke with more enthusiasm about Mihajlovic than he did Milan's performance.

    "It was a real pleasure to see him," Pioli told Sky Sport Italia. "I wanted to hug him, but he said it was better not to [due to his condition]. But it was still exciting, a nice moment.

    "I hope he is on the way to full recovery now. Having that moment together touched me, it really did."

    Krzysztof Piatek wore an expression of relief after he ended a goal drought that stretched back almost two months, opening the scoring with an early penalty after he had been tripped, and Pioli hopes that will help the Poland international's state of mind.

    "He was a fundamental point of reference for us today," Pioli said of Piatek. "He won many duels and made an important impact for the team.

    "We predicted Bologna would press high up the pitch, so we thought we'd have to play direct and he held the play up very well. He too will come out of this with more confidence."

    Theo Hernandez endured a mixed match, becoming the first player since Opta records began to score a goal, an own goal and concede a penalty in the same Serie A game, with Giacomo Bonaventura's strike ultimately proving crucial as Milan took home the points.

    Despite there being more negatives than positives about the defender's display, Pioli was mostly pleased.

    "Especially in the offensive phase, Theo is very strong," Pioli remarked. "He has great timing of his forward runs, is strong physically and has a great left foot.

    "He is the sort of player that can disrupt defensive balance in the opposition if he's got space to run into ahead of him."

© 2018 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.