Barcelona loan Cucurella to Getafe

By Sports Desk July 18, 2019

Barcelona have loaned Marc Cucurella to Getafe only two days after signing him back from Eibar.

Cucurella caught the eye in his loan spell with Eibar last season and scored in a 2-2 LaLiga draw with Barca in May.

Eibar took up the option to sign him for €2million but Barca inserted a €4m buy-back clause in that deal, which they activated on Tuesday.

Cucurella, who can play as a full-back and a winger, had been linked with Sevilla, Real Betis and Bundesliga clubs Eintracht Frankfurt and Borussia Monchengladbach.

But he will be playing his football for Getafe in 2019-20 after they agreed a temporary deal with the option to make it a permanent one.

Cucurella made 31 LaLiga appearances for Eibar last term, scoring once.

Related items

  • Rumour Has It: Everton to open talks with Arsenal-linked Ancelotti Rumour Has It: Everton to open talks with Arsenal-linked Ancelotti

    Everton are set to make the first move for Carlo Ancelotti.

    The Toffees will reportedly begin talks with the Italian following his departure from Napoli on Tuesday.

    Ancelotti was sacked three hours after a 4-0 win over Genk, which confirmed the Serie A club's place in the Champions League knockout rounds.

     

    TOP STORY – EVERTON TO RIVAL ARSENAL FOR ANCELOTTI

    Everton will waste no time in opening contract talks with free agent Ancelotti in the wake of his Napoli exit, according to Sky Sports.

    Managerless Arsenal are also said to be considering the 60-year-old former Chelsea, Milan and Real Madrid boss as a possible replacement for Unai Emery.

    But the Toffees could get the jump on their Premier League rivals after Shanghai SIPG's Vitor Pereira pulled out of the race to succeed Marco Silva, although David Moyes reportedly remains an option to take charge on an interim basis.

    Ancelotti has won the Champions League three times as a coach and secured league titles in England, France, Germany and Italy.

    ROUND-UP

    - Napoli could announce the appointment of Gennaro Gattuso on a short-term contract as soon as Wednesday, according to CalcioMercato.

    - Ex-Everton manager Moyes and former Brighton and Hove Albion boss Chris Hughton are in line to replace Manuel Pellegrini at West Ham if the Hammers lose to Southampton on Saturday, says The Mirror.

    - Manchester United are considering Ajax's Donny van de Beek and Saul Niguez of Atletico Madrid as they prepare for Paul Pogba's end-of-season exit, reports the Daily Mail.

    - The Daily Mail also claims Leicester City have opened contract talks with rumoured Manchester City target Caglar Soyuncu, who has been in good form this season.

    - Barcelona have cooled their interest in Lautaro Martinez due to Inter's demand for €100million, according to ESPN.

  • Ansu Fati is a 'born scorer', says Valverde Ansu Fati is a 'born scorer', says Valverde

    Barcelona coach Ernesto Valverde described Ansu Fati as a "born scorer" after the teenager made history against Inter in the Champions League.

    Fati, 17, became the youngest goalscorer in the competition's history, netting a late winner in a 2-1 victory at San Siro on Tuesday.

    The attacker has three goals this season and Valverde praised the Spain youth international, whose strike came after Romelu Lukaku had cancelled out Carles Perez's opener in the Group F clash.

    "They [Fati and Perez] are two players who have reached the first team this year. Young players, very young in the case of Ansu," Valverde told a news conference, via AS. 

    "The game was complicated, especially for Carles Perez because they had an experienced defence and he started, but he has a goal because he hits the ball well. 

    "Ansu has been going through some physical difficulty, with some discomfort, but he is a born scorer."

    Barcelona had already booked their place in the last 16 and they finished top of the group as Inter were eliminated.

    Valverde talked up the importance of the Champions League to the Catalans, who last lifted the trophy in 2015.

    "We have a very big obligation with our club and with this competition," he said.

    "We have shown that you have to win everywhere and today's game was not going to be an exception."

    After criticism earlier in the season, Barcelona top LaLiga and are on a six-match winning run in all competitions.

    But Valverde wants to see more from his team, who make the trip to Real Sociedad on Saturday.

    "We are fine, but I like to see everything in a more continuous way. At first we had difficulties," he said.

    "This group phase has been difficult for us. We suffered to overcome Inter, to win at Slavia [Prague]. But we are here and we have a tremendous challenge with three games in a week and we want to close well."

  • Conte insists he has 'no complaints' despite rueing finishing in costly Barca defeat Conte insists he has 'no complaints' despite rueing finishing in costly Barca defeat

    Antonio Conte was rueful regarding Inter's poor finishing in Tuesday's costly 2-1 Champions League defeat to Barcelona but insisted he had "no complaints" after elimination from the competition.

    Inter needed to at least match Borussia Dortmund's result against Slavia Prague, but the Germans claimed a 2-1 victory and the Nerazzurri did not do enough in San Siro.

    Despite early dominance and a flurry of chances, Inter found themselves trailing in the 23rd minute when Carles Perez swept home in composed fashion.

    Romelu Lukaku equalised before half-time, but he was otherwise wasteful and Ansu Fati, 17, secured Barca the three points four minutes from time to become the youngest Champions League scorer in history.

    Conte acknowledged Inter had enough clear-cut opportunities to beat Barca.

    "We had the chances to win the game, we created those opportunities, but lacked that clinical edge to convert them," he told reporters.

    "I have no complaints to make, as my players gave their all. We just lacked a goal and instead conceded at the other end to go 2-1 down, which really killed us.

    "Watching that Ansu Fati goal is painful, as it killed us in every way. We were pushing, creating the chances to score and go 2-1 up.

    "I was also disappointed for the fans in San Siro, as they pushed us from start to finish and created a wonderful atmosphere. It should've ended differently.

    "I think we deserved more in this group. Still, I think it's all valuable experience. We wanted to qualify, so there is disappointment from everyone right now, but as I told them, we have to raise our heads again."

    Inter finished third in the group, meaning they will drop into the Europa League in the New Year. They will find out their next opponents in Monday's draw.

© 2018 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.