Inter confirm Man United meeting for Lukaku

By Sports Desk July 11, 2019

Inter sporting director Piero Ausilio confirmed the Serie A club have made an "official approach" to Manchester United for Romelu Lukaku.

United striker Lukaku has emerged as a transfer target for Inter, who sent officials to England to try to reach a deal for the Belgium international.

Lukaku – contracted to the Red Devils until 2022 with the option of a further year – joined United from Everton for £75million in 2017 and the Premier League giants want to recoup that fee as Inter push for an initial loan deal.

Ausilio arrived back in Milan on Thursday and he told reporters: "We had a meeting with Manchester United for Lukaku.

"It was an official approach between two important clubs. We'll see what happens.

"All the players we're following are targets we've agreed with Antonio Conte. We want to satisfy his request within certain financial parameters."

Lukaku, who has acknowledged a desire to play in Italy and hinted his future could be away from Old Trafford with United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer preferring Marcus Rashford up front, scored 12 Premier League goals last season.

The 26-year-old – in Australia for the club's pre-season tour – scored 15 goals across all competitions as United finished sixth in the Premier League and lost to Barcelona in the Champions League quarter-finals.

 

Related items

  • Rondon reunites with Benitez at Dalian Yifang Rondon reunites with Benitez at Dalian Yifang

    Salomon Rondon has linked back up with former Newcastle United boss Rafael Benitez after leaving West Brom for Dalian Yifang.

    Venezuela striker Rondon joins the Chinese Super League side for an undisclosed fee.

    The 29-year-old played under Benitez on loan at Newcastle last season, scoring 12 goals in all competitions.

    He previously netted 24 times across three Premier League seasons for West Brom following his arrival from Russian outfit Zenit for a reported £12million in 2015.

    The Baggies were relegated to the Championship three years later and Rondon has now left the Hawthorns on a permanent basis.

    His new team-mates at Dalian include Yannick Carrasco and Marek Hamsik. 

  • Spurs boss Pochettino could have quit had Tottenham won Champions League Spurs boss Pochettino could have quit had Tottenham won Champions League

    Mauricio Pochettino has admitted he would have strongly considered leaving Tottenham had they won last season's Champions League final.

    Spurs lost 2-0 to Liverpool in Madrid in June, ending the club's bid for a first European Cup.

    Tottenham defied expectations by reaching the final but manager Pochettino hinted at the time that returning with the trophy could make for a fitting swansong.

    The Argentine has formerly been linked with Manchester United, Real Madrid and Juventus.

    "When you touch glory, sometimes you behave and feel different and the players feel different," Pochettino said.

    "The challenge becomes different.

    "Of course, maybe with a different result after the final you can think 'okay, maybe it's a moment to step out of the club and give the club the possibility of a really new chapter with a new coaching staff.'

    "But I think after the final it was not really great to finish like this. I am not a person to avoid problems or difficult situations.

    "I am more on the side of loving a big challenge, a difficult challenge, to rebuild that mentality so it's possible to have a similar season. That excites and motivates me a lot."

    Tottenham return to action for the first time since the Champions League final when they face Maurizio Sarri's Juve in a pre-season friendly in Singapore on Sunday.

    They will do so with one new arrival, club-record signing Tanguy Ndombele, available, while Christian Eriksen is an outside chance to feature as he recovers from a "small procedure".

    Doubts exist over the Denmark international's future but Pochettino will not be lobbying club owner Daniel Levy for reinforcements.

    "I told Daniel during the flight from London that I will be happy with the squad that you are going to provide me to work with," he said.

    "I'm always happy. That is my nature. I'm a happy man, working with 25 players, and we are going to have 25 players to work with."

  • Rumour Has It: Juventus to offer three players in move for Pogba Rumour Has It: Juventus to offer three players in move for Pogba

    Maybe Juventus are not ready to give up on signing Manchester United star Paul Pogba just yet.

    Pogba, 26, has been linked with a return to Turin and a move to Real Madrid as he looks for an Old Trafford exit.

    But, just as it looked like Juve were struggling and Madrid was the midfielder's most likely destination, that may have changed.

     

    TOP STORY – JUVE TO OFFER THREE PLAYERS IN MOVE FOR POGBA

    Juventus could offer a fee plus three players in their move for Manchester United star Pogba, according to Corriere dello Sport.

    Full-back Joao Cancelo, attacker Douglas Costa and midfielder Blaise Matuidi are the players mentioned for potential moves in the report.

    Meanwhile, ESPN FC report Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has told coach Zinedine Zidane that it will be very difficult to sign Pogba this close season.

     

    ROUND-UP

    - Barcelona are still trying to find a way to bring Neymar back to Camp Nou from Paris Saint-Germain. According to Sky Germany, Barca are offering €100million plus two players, having given PSG a list of six that includes Philippe Coutinho, Ousmane Dembele, Ivan Rakitic, Nelson Semedo and Malcom. That is up from the earlier offer of €40m plus two players. According to Sport, Barca have made Coutinho and Rakitic priorities to be sold.

    - After being linked to Bayern Munich, Callum Hudson-Odoi is set to re-sign with Chelsea. The Daily Mail report the 18-year-old England international will sign a five-year deal worth more than £100,000 per week to stay at Stamford Bridge.

    - Giovani Lo Celso apparently wants to join Tottenham, but Spurs are unwilling to meet Real Betis' £60m (€66.8m) asking price, according to The Sun, who say Erik Lamela could be added into a deal. Danny Rose could also reportedly leave Spurs and Sky Sports say PSG are interested in the left-back.

    - Arsenal have beaten their north London rivals to the signing of Saint-Etienne defender William Saliba, according to ESPN FC. Arsenal will complete the signing of Saliba for £26.9m (€30m) and loan him back to the Ligue 1 club despite late interest from Spurs, the report says.

    - Another reported Arsenal target, Wilfried Zaha, has told Crystal Palace he wants to leave, according to The Sun. Arsenal have reportedly had a £40m bid for the attacker rejected.

    - Bayern Munich are ready to meet Celta Vigo midfielder Brais Mendez's €25m release clause, according to Kicker. Mendez, 22, was handed a Spain debut late last year and scored six goals while providing seven assists for Celta in LaLiga in 2018-19.

© 2018 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.