Lautaro Martinez's agent confirms Barca's interest in Inter forward

By Sports Desk July 11, 2019

Lautaro Martinez's agent Alberto Yaque confirmed LaLiga champions Barcelona are interested in signing the Inter forward.

Martinez, 21, has been linked with a €112million move to Barca, just one season after joining Inter from Racing Club.

The Argentina international scored nine goals in all competitions – six in Serie A – last term and emerged as the focal point of Inter's attack amid the fallout between Mauro Icardi and the club.

Asked about speculation linking Martinez to Barca, Yaque told Ole: "Talk of Barcelona's interest is true.

"No-one's called us, but we know that they've been looking at him strongly. It's true that Barcelona like him."

Inter have been busy in the transfer market following Antonio Conte's appointment as head coach in place of Luciano Spalletti.

The Nerazzurri have signed Diego Godin, Valentino Lazaro and Stefano Sensi, while they are reportedly poised to announce the arrival of Cagliari midfielder Nicolo Barella amid ongoing talks with Manchester United over Romelu Lukaku.

Meanwhile, Barca have lured Frenkie de Jong and Neto to the club as they also look to sign Atletico Madrid's Antoine Griezmann and Ajax captain Matthijs de Ligt.

 

Related items

  • Rondon reunites with Benitez at Dalian Yifang Rondon reunites with Benitez at Dalian Yifang

    Salomon Rondon has linked back up with former Newcastle United boss Rafael Benitez after leaving West Brom for Dalian Yifang.

    Venezuela striker Rondon joins the Chinese Super League side for an undisclosed fee.

    The 29-year-old played under Benitez on loan at Newcastle last season, scoring 12 goals in all competitions.

    He previously netted 24 times across three Premier League seasons for West Brom following his arrival from Russian outfit Zenit for a reported £12million in 2015.

    The Baggies were relegated to the Championship three years later and Rondon has now left the Hawthorns on a permanent basis.

    His new team-mates at Dalian include Yannick Carrasco and Marek Hamsik. 

  • Rumour Has It: Juventus to offer three players in move for Pogba Rumour Has It: Juventus to offer three players in move for Pogba

    Maybe Juventus are not ready to give up on signing Manchester United star Paul Pogba just yet.

    Pogba, 26, has been linked with a return to Turin and a move to Real Madrid as he looks for an Old Trafford exit.

    But, just as it looked like Juve were struggling and Madrid was the midfielder's most likely destination, that may have changed.

     

    TOP STORY – JUVE TO OFFER THREE PLAYERS IN MOVE FOR POGBA

    Juventus could offer a fee plus three players in their move for Manchester United star Pogba, according to Corriere dello Sport.

    Full-back Joao Cancelo, attacker Douglas Costa and midfielder Blaise Matuidi are the players mentioned for potential moves in the report.

    Meanwhile, ESPN FC report Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has told coach Zinedine Zidane that it will be very difficult to sign Pogba this close season.

     

    ROUND-UP

    - Barcelona are still trying to find a way to bring Neymar back to Camp Nou from Paris Saint-Germain. According to Sky Germany, Barca are offering €100million plus two players, having given PSG a list of six that includes Philippe Coutinho, Ousmane Dembele, Ivan Rakitic, Nelson Semedo and Malcom. That is up from the earlier offer of €40m plus two players. According to Sport, Barca have made Coutinho and Rakitic priorities to be sold.

    - After being linked to Bayern Munich, Callum Hudson-Odoi is set to re-sign with Chelsea. The Daily Mail report the 18-year-old England international will sign a five-year deal worth more than £100,000 per week to stay at Stamford Bridge.

    - Giovani Lo Celso apparently wants to join Tottenham, but Spurs are unwilling to meet Real Betis' £60m (€66.8m) asking price, according to The Sun, who say Erik Lamela could be added into a deal. Danny Rose could also reportedly leave Spurs and Sky Sports say PSG are interested in the left-back.

    - Arsenal have beaten their north London rivals to the signing of Saint-Etienne defender William Saliba, according to ESPN FC. Arsenal will complete the signing of Saliba for £26.9m (€30m) and loan him back to the Ligue 1 club despite late interest from Spurs, the report says.

    - Another reported Arsenal target, Wilfried Zaha, has told Crystal Palace he wants to leave, according to The Sun. Arsenal have reportedly had a £40m bid for the attacker rejected.

    - Bayern Munich are ready to meet Celta Vigo midfielder Brais Mendez's €25m release clause, according to Kicker. Mendez, 22, was handed a Spain debut late last year and scored six goals while providing seven assists for Celta in LaLiga in 2018-19.

  • Zone Blitz: Are Barcelona doing the right thing by trying to re-sign Neymar? Zone Blitz: Are Barcelona doing the right thing by trying to re-sign Neymar?

    It's said you should never go back to your ex but Barcelona and Neymar could be a re-marriage made in heaven.

© 2018 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.