Eden did an amazing job - Kante accepts Hazard has earned Real Madrid move

By Sports Desk May 30, 2019

Chelsea midfielder N'Golo Kante has no qualms about Eden Hazard leaving the club for Real Madrid, adamant the winger has earned such a move through his dedication to the Blues.

Hazard has long been linked with Madrid, with the Spanish club said to see him as the rightful replacement for Cristiano Ronaldo, who left for Juventus last year.

Speculation has persisted over the last few months despite Chelsea's desire to keep hold of the Belgium international, but the Premier League side have found themselves in a weak position as his contract expires next year.

The player claimed he made a decision about his future a while ago, but only revealed his departure is likely in the immediate aftermath of Wednesday's 4-1 Europa League final win over Arsenal.

Few of his team-mates will begrudge him a move, however, with Kante convinced Hazard's service in seven years at the club has earned him some credit.

Speaking to reporters in Baku, Kante said: "It's not sad. I think Eden did an amazing job, had an amazing time with Chelsea.

"He stayed here a long time, he won many trophies. He played amazing tonight [in the Europa League final]. We are happy for him.

"I don't know what is going to happen next, but we can only wish him the best because he did a lot for Chelsea.

"It was a pleasure to play with him and we'll see what happens."

Related items

  • Henderson pays tribute to returning Liverpool star Oxlade-Chamberlain Henderson pays tribute to returning Liverpool star Oxlade-Chamberlain

    Jordan Henderson hailed the off-field influence of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain when the midfielder was injured and predicts he will be "like a new signing" for Liverpool in the new season.

    England international Oxlade-Chamberlain suffered a serious knee injury at the end of the 2017-18 campaign and missed most of the following season.

    In 2018-19, the 25-year-old was only able to return for the final few weeks as he made two substitute appearances amounting to 19 minutes of action.

    However, he has been fully involved in pre-season training in recent weeks and club captain Henderson has his fingers crossed for the former Arsenal man.

    "I'm quite close to him. He's a fantastic person off the field," Henderson said in a news conference on Thursday.

    "I'm sure he'll have been going through some painful times [but] he was always positive, always happy around the team, always there to support us when we needed him.

    "He was a massive part for us off the field last season. This season I hope he's a massive part on the field as well and shows everyone what he's capable of like he did before he got injured.

    "This pre-season is important for him to get back to playing games regularly, to get his match fitness back, and I'm sure once he does that he'll be flying again.

    "He's like a new signing for us. He's a fantastic player, so powerful and he gives us something different in this team. Hopefully he can stay injury-free for a while now."

  • Palestine FA president's appeal rejected after 'inciting hatred' against Lionel Messi Palestine FA president's appeal rejected after 'inciting hatred' against Lionel Messi

    The Court of Arbitration for Sport has rejected the Palestine Football Association president's appeal against a 12-month ban for "inciting hatred and violence" against Lionel Messi.

    Ahead of Argentina's scheduled pre-World Cup friendly against Israel in June 2018, Jibril Rajoub spoke out about the match amid the conflict and political tension between Israelis and Palestinians.

    The match was due to take place in Teddy Stadium, Jerusalem, a ground built on land said to have belonged to a Palestinian village before its destruction in 1948.

    Rajoub urged fans to target Messi and incited them to burn shirts bearing the Barcelona star's name, with the match ultimately being cancelled.

    FIFA received a complaint from the Israeli Football Association and Rajoub was given a 12-month ban from all matches at any level until August 23, 2019, while also being fined 20,000 Swiss francs (€18,056).

    His appeal to FIFA was rejected in September, two months before he raised the case with the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).

    Rajoub has again been unsuccessful in fighting the punishment, with the CAS panel adjudging him to have "failed to establish that any procedural violations were committed in the proceedings before the FIFA disciplinary committee...  that could justify the annulment of such decisions".

    CAS, in its statement, added: "Accordingly, the CAS panel dismissed the appeal and confirmed FIFA appeal committee decision of 24 September 2018."

  • Asllani becomes first signing for Real Madrid's women's team Asllani becomes first signing for Real Madrid's women's team

    Kosovare Asllani has become the first signing for Real Madrid's women's team after a stellar Women's World Cup campaign with Sweden.

    Madrid have incorporated CD Tacon into their structure after completing a takeover of the club, announcing the merger last month.

    Tacon will keep their name for 2019-20 before being rebranded as Madrid, and their hopes of challenging Atletico Madrid and Barcelona following promotion to the top division have been boosted by the addition of Asllani.

    Asllani scored three goals as Sweden reached the semi-finals in France, where they lost 1-0 to Netherlands, her third strike coming in the third place play-off win over England.

    The former Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester City forward joins from Linkopings and wrote on Twitter: "Proud to announce that I'll be the first official signing for Real Madrid/CD Tacon.

    "Excited to write history, to help build and be part of this team's journey from the very start. It'll be a dream to wear the most beautiful jersey in the world starting next season. HALA MADRID."

© 2018 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.