Mbappe drops PSG exit hint

By Sports Desk May 19, 2019

Paris Saint-Germain star Kylian Mbappe sensationally hinted at a move away from the French champions on Sunday. 

Mbappe has been linked with a blockbuster transfer to LaLiga giants Real Madrid, though the 20-year-old France international reassured fans last month that he would stay in Paris.

However, Mbappe cast doubt over his future after being crowned Ligue 1's Best Player and Best Young Player of the Year.

"This was the only title that I was missing. I am truly very happy," Mbappe – who has scored 32 Ligue 1 goals this season – said as he received the award.

"I want to thank all of the people who put together this league. I succeeded in adapting in my first year, to change position this year.

"There were some disappointments, but that is part of football. This is a very important moment for me.

"I am arriving at the second turning point in my career. I have discovered an enormous amount of things here.

"It is maybe the moment to have more responsibilities, maybe at PSG, with pleasure, or elsewhere for a new project. In any case, thanks everyone."

Mbappe, who has won back-to-back Ligue 1 titles since arriving from Monaco, later added: "I said what I had to say. When you are in such an occasion you can send messages, I think I have sent mine.

"If I speak more it will be too much and that is not the message I wish to send."

World Cup winner Mbappe's two-goal haul in Saturday's 4-0 rout of Dijon saw him become the first Frenchman to score 32 league goals in a Ligue 1 season since Philippe Gondet did so for Nantes in 1965-66.

In total, Mbappe has netted 38 goals across all competitions for PSG – who were remarkably eliminated by Manchester United in the Champions League last 16.

Related items

  • Alberto Soro to join Real Madrid 'in a matter of hours' Alberto Soro to join Real Madrid 'in a matter of hours'

    Midfielder Alberto Soro will join Real Madrid imminently, according to Real Zaragoza president Christian Lapetra.

    It has been reported Soro will sign for Madrid in a €2.5million deal that could rise to around €5m, before returning to Zaragoza on loan.

    Lapetra said on Friday he expected the transfer to be formally announced "in a matter of hours".

    "As president, I have to sign off on the sale and I want to announce Soro will join Real Madrid in a matter of hours," he said, as reported by AS.

    "All that remains is to sign a deal that is already done."

    The 20-year-old made 29 appearances in a breakout season in the Segunda Division last term, scoring twice.

  • Alvaro Gonzalez becomes Villas-Boas' first Marseille signing Alvaro Gonzalez becomes Villas-Boas' first Marseille signing

    Alvaro Gonzalez has become Andre Villas-Boas' first signing at Marseille after joining on an initial one-season loan from LaLiga side Villarreal.

    The agreement includes an option for Marseille to purchase the Spanish centre-back on a permanent basis.

    It is the first time the 29-year-old has played outside his homeland and he will be tasked with shoring up a defence that shipped 52 goals in Ligue 1 last season.

    His arrival comes as a welcome boost for ex-Chelsea boss Villas-Boas, who has endured a difficult few weeks since replacing Rudi Garcia.

    Marseille lost 2-1 to Accrington Stanley in a friendly in Manchester and were then routed 4-0 by Rangers at Ibrox.

    Star striker Mario Balotelli left the club on a free transfer at the end of last term.

  • Bulgaria ordered to partially close stadium against England following fan racism Bulgaria ordered to partially close stadium against England following fan racism

    Bulgaria have been ordered to partially close their national stadium for Euro 2020 qualifiers against England and Czech Republic following racist behaviour by fans.

    UEFA on Friday announced sanctions following incidents of racism in Bulgaria's past two matches in June, at home to Kosovo and away to Czech Republic.

    For the incident in the Czech Republic match, Bulgaria have been told to make 5,000 seats in the Vasil Levski stadium unavailable to supporters for the October 14 clash with England.

    In the empty space, the Bulgarian Football Union has been told to display an "#EqualGame" UEFA banner.

    The same banner will be in place for the November 17 match against Czech Republic, with 3,000 seats closed off to supporters as punishment for behaviour in the Kosovo game.

    UEFA closed disciplinary proceedings against Latvia for alleged racist behaviour in their clash with Israel last month, but the Romania Under-21 team will see at least 2,000 seats closed for their next home match.

    This comes following racist behaviour by fans at the Romanian youngsters' European Under-21 Championship win over Croatia last month, and the Romanian Football Federation has been fined €2,000 due to fireworks and objects being thrown.

    UEFA also fined Greece €63,500 and Ukraine €15,250 for offences including the setting off of fireworks.

    The Greece match against Italy on June 8 also included a late kick-off, for which disciplinary proceedings against head coach Angelos Anastasiadis have been closed.

© 2018 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.