Galatasaray are in talks to sign Fulham flop Jean Michael Seri on loan.

The Super Lig champions confirmed via a brief Twitter statement on Wednesday that negotiations are underway.

Seri signed for Fulham from Nice last year for a reported fee of £25million - a club record at the time - after having previously been linked with Barcelona.

He made 32 appearances in the Premier League last term but was unable to impress consistently as the Cottagers suffered relegation to the Championship.

AC Milan have also been credited with an interest in the midfielder, who turns 28 on Friday.

His former Fulham team-mate, Ryan Babel, signed for Gala on a free transfer last month after leaving the London club.

Sheffield Wednesday have hit out at Newcastle United for announcing Steve Bruce as their new head coach. 

The former Sunderland boss was confirmed as Rafael Benitez's successor on Wednesday on a three-year deal. 

Bruce and assistants Steve Agnew and Steve Clemence resigned from their roles at the Championship club on Monday in order to facilitate their move to St. James' Park. 

However, Wednesday claim there are "outstanding legal issues" to be settled with their former staff and Newcastle, so are therefore angry that a public announcement has been made about their appointments. 

"The club is disappointed to learn via public statement issued by Newcastle United that it has appointed former Sheffield Wednesday staff Steve Bruce, Steve Agnew and Steve Clemence," they said in a statement. 

"Regardless of the fact that the staff resigned from their positions with the club on Monday, there remains outstanding legal issues to be resolved between the club and the staff and Newcastle United. 

"The club is currently considering its position and taking the appropriate legal advice." 

Bruce, Agnew and Clemence are due to travel to China to meet up with the Newcastle squad for the Premier League Asia Trophy tournament. 

Huddersfield Town have claimed to be releasing a new home shirt featuring a giant sash emblazoned with the name of a betting agency.

The sash runs from the left shoulder to the right hip and advertises gambling firm Paddy Power, which struck a sponsorship deal with the club earlier this week.

It is not clear whether the kit, having caused an immediate stir on social media, is part of a marketing stunt.

The design appears to contravene Football Association regulations, which allow for one front-of-shirt sponsor display not exceeding 250 square centimetres.

In a media release, Huddersfield commercial director Sean Jarvis said: "We've gone for a really modern twist on how we feature the famous Paddy Power logo.

"Paddy Power is a very forward-thinking, innovative company – that's one of the main reasons that we're so excited to work with them – the new 'sash' style logo is really eye-catching and helps maintain our reputation as being innovators too."

Huddersfield, managed by Jan Siewert, will compete in the Championship next season after being relegated from the Premier League.

Newcastle United have confirmed the appointment of boyhood fan and ex-Sunderland boss Steve Bruce as their new head coach, replacing departed manager Rafael Benitez.

The Magpies had been searching for a new coach since Benitez's departure at the end of his contract last month and they have found their man in Bruce, who leaves Sheffield Wednesday after a short but impressive stint.

The former Manchester United captain was reported to have resigned from his role at Wednesday earlier this week, having confirmed talks with Newcastle.

Bruce's links to rivals Sunderland, where he was manager between 2009 and 2011, may not go down well with supporters who were already organising protests against owner Mike Ashley, but he has signed a three-year deal at St James' Park.

"I'm delighted and incredibly proud to be appointed as head coach of Newcastle United," Bruce said. "This is my boyhood club and it was my dad's club, so this is a very special moment for me and my family.

"There is a huge challenge ahead of us, but it's one that my staff and I are ready for. We'll roll our sleeves up and we'll be giving it everything from the off to ensure supporters have a successful team that they can be proud of."

Steve Agnew and Stephen Clemence, who were also at Wednesday, have been appointed as assistants to Bruce, and the trio will now travel to China to join the club's pre-season tour.

Newcastle had been linked with a variety of names in recent weeks, including Jose Mourinho, Steven Gerrard and Garry Monk, while Sam Allardyce says he rejected the opportunity to return to Tyneside.

A takeover has also been mooted, with the Bin Zayed Group from Dubai claiming to have agreed a deal with Ashley, but that has not yet come to pass.

The popular Benitez moved to China with Dalian Yifang after over three years at Newcastle, since continuing to complain about Ashley, with whom he was said to have a fractious relationship.

Newcastle's player of the year Salomon Rondon has returned to parent club West Brom since the end of last season, while top-scorer Ayoze Perez has also departed for Leicester City.

Midfielder Sean Longstaff has been widely linked with a move to Manchester United.

Newcastle United have confirmed the appointment of boyhood fan and ex-Sunderland boss Steve Bruce as their new head coach, replacing departed manager Rafael Benitez.

The Magpies had been searching for a new coach since Benitez's departure at the end of his contract last month and they have found their man in Bruce, who leaves Sheffield Wednesday after a short but impressive stint.

The former Manchester United captain was reported to have resigned from his role at Wednesday earlier this week, having confirmed talks with Newcastle.

Bruce's links to rivals Sunderland, where he was manager between 2009 and 2011, may not go down well with supporters who were already organising protests against owner Mike Ashley, but he has signed a three-year deal at St James' Park.

Steve Bruce has held talks with Newcastle United over their vacant managerial position, the Sheffield Wednesday boss confirmed.

Bruce is reportedly Newcastle's top target following the departure of Rafael Benitez at the end of his Magpies contract.

However, the former Sunderland manager says decisions are out of his control until negotiations are completed between the two clubs.

"Speculation is speculation. It's in the hands of the club," Bruce said after the Owls' pre-season victory over Lincoln City. "For me, at this particular moment, there is nothing really to talk about until the two clubs reach some sort of compromise.

"I've had a conversation [with Newcastle]. It's happening so quickly that I've got to take stock of the whole situation. It's in the hands of both clubs and we'll see what develops over the next 24 to 48 hours.

"The clubs have got to agree before any discussions and all the rest of it. Let's see what happens, I cannot really comment any more than that.

"Out of respect I thought it was only right to go and talk [to Newcastle], it was over with before it started, thankfully the chairman [Dejphon Chansiri] gave me permission to go and have a conversation.

"I don't really want to talk about dream jobs and all the rest of it, it's a bit pie in the sky at the moment, I'm the Sheffield Wednesday manager and I have to respect that.

"I've been very, very happy here, of course I have."

 

One Owls fan confronted Bruce in the dugout during Saturday's game but the manager, who saw a cabbage thrown his way by a disgruntled supporter while in charge of Aston Villa, shrugged off the incident.

"It was nothing really," Bruce added. "I think he expressed his opinion, shall we put it that way, very vocally. I think he'd had one or two beers too many."

Sheffield United have broken the club's transfer record to land striker Callum Robinson from Preston North End.

The Blades are reported to have spent £8million on the Republic of Ireland international, who has signed a four-year deal.

It is the second time this month United have paid out a club record fee ahead of their Premier League return.

Luke Freeman joined from Queens Park Rangers for a reported £5m, while manager Chris Wilder has also agreed a new contract.

"Callum fits into our structure perfectly as we look to Championship players who we feel can be successful at Premier League level," Wilder said of 24-year-old Robinson.

"Callum is someone who was on our radar a number of years ago and he has progressed how we thought he would and hopefully there is plenty more to come.

"I feel Callum is a great age and what we have paid represents great value in the current market."

Robinson hit 12 goals in 27 Championship appearances for PNE last term.

Phillip Cocu has made Everton's England Under-21 midfielder Kieran Dowell his first signing at Derby County.

Dowell has moved to Pride Park on a season-long loan deal.

The 21-year-old also played in the Championship last season, helping Sheffield United to gain promotion to the Premier League.

"He is an exciting young player with a lot of potential, and I am looking forward to working with him," Cocu told Derby's official website.

Dowell's arrival follows Cocu's appointment of former Brighton and Hove Albion defender Liam Rosenior as first-team coach.

Ex-Netherlands and Barcelona midfielder Cocu was brought in by Derby when Frank Lampard took the reins with former club Chelsea after a solitary season in charge of the Rams.

Aston Villa have further bolstered their defensive stocks with the signing of England Under-21 international Ezri Konsa from Championship side Brentford.

Villa reportedly triggered the centre-back's £12million release clause to make him their seventh signing since winning promotion to the Premier League.

The Charlton Athletic product briefly played under Dean Smith at Brentford, for whom he made 42 league appearances in 2018/19.

Konsa joins Tyrone Mings and Kortney Hause, both now committed to permanent deals, among Villa's defensive reinforcements and will fly out to the United States with his new team-mates on Thursday.

"Ezri fits the profile of the type of player we were searching for," manager Smith said.

"It helps that [assistant coach] Richard O'Kelly and I have worked with him before. He's a high-potential player who I believe can step up to the Premier League and I'm really looking forward to working with him again."

Konsa formed part of the England squad that stumbled to a premature exit at the recent European Under-21 Championship.

Villa have not confirmed the length of the contract.

Barcelona are in no rush in their pursuit of Paris Saint-Germain star Neymar.

Neymar, 27, is set to be fined by the Ligue 1 champions after failing to turn up for the first day of pre-season training.

With sporting director Leonardo confirming the Brazil forward can leave for the right price, Barca think they are in a strong position, and the Catalan giants are ready to play a waiting game.

 

TOP STORY – BARCELONA IN NO RUSH OVER NEYMAR

Barcelona are prepared to wait and see if PSG blink first over Neymar, according to a report from AS.

Neymar left Camp Nou for PSG in a world-record €222million move two years ago and it has now become clear he wants an exit from Parc des Princes.

In a strong position, Barca are remaining patient in their pursuit of the Brazil star, who has also been linked with their rivals Real Madrid.

Marca also report Barcelona are willing to wait, with PSG's asking price sure to continue dropping as the skilful forward continues to show his desire to leave.

ROUND-UP

- Juventus are ready to give in to Ajax's demands over Matthijs de Ligt. Sport report the Serie A champions are planning to present the star defender on Saturday, having apparently agreed to pay the Eredivisie club €75m for the centre-back.

- Manchester United are increasingly confident about signing Leicester City defender Harry Maguire. The Daily Mail claim the Red Devils are hoping to land the centre-back for £75m, which is short of Leicester's reported £85m valuation.

- West Ham have begun searching for someone to replace Marko Arnautovic, who left for China. The Sun say the Premier League club have been offered the chance to sign free agent Mario Balotelli, while Gianluca Di Marzio reports the Hammers have also shown an interest in Juve forward Gonzalo Higuain.

- Mario Mandzukic could be set for a surprise return to Bayern Munich. Bild report the Juve striker has been discussed as a possible back-up for Robert Lewandowski and another wide option for head coach Niko Kovac.

- Everton continue to be linked with forwards and the Telegraph say the Premier League club expressed an interest in Lille's Nicolas Pepe, who is said to have been a target of rivals Liverpool. Meanwhile, the Sun claim Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa is prepared to talk to the Toffees.

- Newcastle United seem close to finding their replacement for Rafael Benitez. According to the Daily Mail, Sam Allardyce has rejected a return to the club, with Sheffield Wednesday manager Steve Bruce now the favourite.

Jay Rodriguez has left West Brom and returned to hometown club Burnley in a deal reportedly rising to £10million.

The one-time England international heads back to Lancashire on a two-year deal, with an option of an additional 12 months.

Burnley reportedly parted with £5million to activate his release clause and will pay the second half of the fee in 2020.

Rodriguez, 29, scored 41 goals in 129 appearances during his first spell at Turf Moor before moving to Southampton in 2012.

He switched to West Brom in 2017 and hit 22 league goals last season as the Baggies lost out in the Championship play-offs to Aston Villa.

The striker joined up with Sean Dyche's squad, including fellow new signing Erik Pieters, in Portugal on Monday.

Manchester City have loaned United States goalkeeper Zack Steffen to Fortuna Dusseldorf for the duration of the 2019-20 campaign.

Steffen was signed by the Premier League champions in December but remained on loan with Columbus Crew for the first half of the Major League Soccer season.

He made his 84th and final appearances for Columbus in last month's 2-2 draw with New York City FC and is now heading back to Germany with Dusseldorf, having previously played 14 times for Freiburg's reserve team at the start of his career.

"I'm really looking forward to returning to Germany and becoming part of such a traditional club," he told his new side's official website.

The 2018 US Soccer Male Player of the Year was first-choice keeper for the United States at the Gold Cup, which ultimately ended in disappointment with a 1-0 defeat to Mexico in Sunday's final.

Confirmation of Steffen's departure came on the same day that City loaned fellow goalkeeper Aro Muric to Championship side Nottingham Forest.

Muric will also spend the whole of next season away from the Etihad Stadium, but he signed a renewal before departing that keeps him under contract until 2024.

"Extending my current deal with City by a further three years is incredible and an honour for me," he told City's official website.

"I really enjoyed the 2018-19 season and to be involved in our successful EFL Cup run was an amazing experience.

"The players and supporters have made me feel so happy and part of everything and the club have showed their belief in me with this deal."

Leeds United have sold defender Pontus Jansson to Brentford for a reported £5.5million.

The Sweden centre-back was a key player for Leeds last season, making 39 Championship appearances.

But he reportedly fell out with head coach Marcelo Bielsa, who has subsequently allowed him to leave with Jansson signing a three-year deal with the option of an extra year with the Bees.

Jansson disobeyed Bielsa's order to allow Aston Villa to walk the ball in during a fiery Championship clash in April.

Bielsa has agreed to stay at Elland Road for a second season despite Leeds' loss to Derby County in the play-off semi-finals.

Jack Clarke has been sold to Tottenham but the winger will stay at Leeds on loan during the 2019-20 season.

Aleksandar Mitrovic has signed a new five-year contract at Fulham to put an end to rumours he was on his way out of Craven Cottage.

The 24-year-old striker was linked with a move to the Chinese Super League, with offers in the region of £30million expected for a player who scored 11 goals in 37 Premier League appearances in 2018-19.

The Serbia international, who has netted 25 times in 48 outings for his country, joined Fulham from Newcastle United in July 2018 and has committed himself to the Championship club until 2024 despite last term's top-flight relegation. 

Mitrovic told the club's official website: "I'm really happy and I'm looking forward to playing here next season.

"There were a lot of clubs interested but in the end I decided to stay here because I'm really happy and settled at Fulham.

"My kids, wife, all my family are happy here. This is my home and I am really happy to sign a new deal.

"Since the first day I came here I have received a great reception from everyone in the club and the fans. I feel motivated and every morning when I come here to work I am happy.

"I have found my happiness and passion here."

Phillip Cocu has been appointed as Frank Lampard's successor at Derby County, the Championship club have confirmed.

Lampard was officially unveiled as Chelsea's new manager on Thursday, following an impressive debut season in management with Derby last term.

The Rams made it to the play-off final but went down 2-1 to Aston Villa in May's showpiece at Wembley.

And Derby have now announced Lampard's replacement, with former PSV and Fenerbahce coach Cocu handed a four-year contract at Pride Park.

"We are delighted to welcome Phillip as our new manager," Derby executive chairman Mel Morris told the club's official website.

"We are continuing to develop our philosophy at Derby County and from the first conversation with Phillip, and his team, it was very clear they share similar views.

"The fit is strong. We want to build on the momentum that we have in our style of play, our club values, and the increasingly important role of our academy.

"Phillip and his team understand the need and benefits of this approach. We had very specific criteria for identifying a new manager."

After a glittering playing career, Cocu took up his first head coach role at PSV in 2013 and led the club to three Eredivisie titles before leaving for Turkey in 2018.

Cocu's spell at Fenerbahce did not go to plan, however, and the Dutchman was dismissed in October 2018 after winning four of his 16 games in charge.

© 2018 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.