PSG striker Kean tests positive for coronavirus

By Sports Desk March 03, 2021

Paris Saint-Germain striker Moise Kean has tested positive for coronavirus. 

The 21-year-old will miss Wednesday's Ligue 1 clash with Bordeaux and is likely to be unavailable for Saturday's Coupe de France visit to Brest. 

Kean could also be a doubt for the second leg of the Champions League last-16 tie with Barcelona, which takes place next Wednesday in Paris. 

PSG are already without the injured Neymar and suspended Kylian Mbappe for the game with Bordeaux at the Matmut Atlantique Stadium. 

Kean has scored 15 goals for PSG in all competitions this season since joining on loan from Everton. 

Mauricio Pochettino's side head into the Bordeaux contest two points behind league leaders Lille, who host Marseille.

Related items

  • Sri Lanka v India T20 postponed due to Krunal Pandya positive coronavirus test Sri Lanka v India T20 postponed due to Krunal Pandya positive coronavirus test

    The second Twenty20 International of the series between Sri Lanka and India has been put back a day after Krunal Pandya tested positive for coronavirus.

    Pandya was in the India team that won the first match by 38 runs in Colombo on Sunday, but the all-rounder returned a positive test ahead of the second game scheduled to take place on Tuesday.

    The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) revealed eight members of the touring party were identified as close contacts with Pandya, so they have been forced into isolation.

    Sri Lanka and India will instead contest the second game on Wednesday, with the third and final game of the series taking place on Thursday.

    The BCCI revealed RT-PCR tests were undertaken to discover if there has been any further outbreak in the squad.

  • Ronaldo has ‘more responsibility’ at Juventus this season - Allegri Ronaldo has ‘more responsibility’ at Juventus this season - Allegri

    Juventus head coach Massimiliano Allegri says he expects Cristiano Ronaldo to demonstrate even greater responsibility this season.

    Allegri returned to the club for a second spell in May, having previously guided the Bianconeri to five successive Scudettos and two Champions League finals between 2014 and 2019.

    The 53-year-old will be looking to help Juve regain the Serie A title after they surrendered their crown to Inter last season.

    Question marks remain as to whether or not his attack will be led in the new campaign by Ronaldo, with speculation linking him with a move away from Turin.

    The Portuguese talisman top-scored in Serie A last term with 29 goals, taking his tally with the club to 101 since arriving from Real Madrid in 2018.

    Ronaldo, who returned to pre-season training on Monday following an extended break due to his Euro 2020 exertions, has one year remaining on his contract at the Allianz Stadium.

    Nevertheless, the 36-year-old remains firmly in the plans of Allegri, though the head coach warned that his game time may be reduced to accommodate team rotation during another hectic campaign.

    “Ronaldo is a great player and a smart guy,” he said. “I spoke to him yesterday, as I did with the others.

    “I told him that this is an important season and that I am happy to meet him again.

    “Now, he has more responsibility because three years ago, we had a more experienced team, while now there are younger players.

    “I expect a lot from him as an experienced player. He is in good condition and he is fit.

    “There are different moments in a season, playing one game every three days. I’ll need to rotate the team, involving all the players and it also applies to him.”

  • Tokyo Olympics: USA to face record-breaking Netherlands after Australia draw Tokyo Olympics: USA to face record-breaking Netherlands after Australia draw

    The United States will face the Netherlands in the quarter-finals of the women's football tournament at Tokyo 2020 after being held 0-0 by Australia to finish second in Group G.

    USA bounced back from a shock 3-0 loss to Sweden in their opening game with a 6-1 win against New Zealand, but they dropped further points in the round-robin stage on Tuesday.

    Previously unbeaten in 44 games before that Sweden loss, USA failed to break down Australia's defence – Alex Morgan's disallowed goal for offside the closest they came to doing so.

    Mary Fowler hit the crossbar for Australia and in the end a point apiece was a fair outcome, with the Matildas also advancing to play Great Britain in the last eight.

    It is the first time in history record four-time winners USWNT have finished with fewer than six points in the group stage of a major global tournament.

    RAMPANT DUTCH AWAIT USA

    Sweden were already assured of a place in the last eight ahead of their clash with New Zealand and saw the job through with a 2-0 win at Miyagi Stadium to finish ahead of USA.

    Anna Anvegard and Madelen Janogy were on target for Sweden before half-time and they saw out a straightforward win that condemned New Zealand to a group-stage exit.

    It means USA will now take on the Netherlands in the next round in what is a repeat of the 2019 Women's World Cup final. The Netherlands lost that match, but they enter this latest showdown in superb form after thrashing China 8-2 in Yokohama.

    Lineth Beerensteyn, Lieke Martens and Vivianne Miedema all scored twice in the one-sided affair, while Shanice van de Sanden and Victoria Pelova were also on target.

    The Netherlands' tally of 21 goals from three games is already the most scored by a team in a single women's football Olympics event, surpassing the USA's 16 from London 2012.

    HOSTS JAPAN SCRAPE THROUGH

    Japan did all that they could in the final round of group games by beating Chile 1-0 through a Mina Tanaka goal 13 minutes from time.

    That win took the tournament hosts to four points from three games, enough to send them through as one of the best third-placed sides, along with Australia.

    Already through to the quarter-finals, Great Britain snatched top spot with a late 1-1 draw against second-placed Canada in Tuesday's other Group E match.

    Caroline Weir's long-range free-kick with 84 minutes played took a heavy deflection and cancelled out Adriana Leon's opener.

    Brazil also booked their spot in the knockout stages thanks to Andressa's first-half free-kick in their 1-0 win against the tournament's lowest-ranked side in Zambia, who lost Lushomo Mweemba to an early red card. 

    The Selecao meet Canada in the quarters, while Australia await Great Britain.

© 2020 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.