EPL

Crystal Palace star Zaha reveals online racist abuse

By Sports Desk July 12, 2020

Related items

  • BREAKING NEWS: Man City sign Bournemouth defender Ake BREAKING NEWS: Man City sign Bournemouth defender Ake

    Manchester City have completed the signing of Nathan Ake from Bournemouth for a reported fee of £41million.

    Pep Guardiola has been in search of another centre-back since Vincent Kompany's departure last May.

    Aymeric Laporte endured an injury hit campaign in 2019-20, though the Frenchman was a regular following the restart of the Premier League season in June, while doubts remain over the futures of John Stones and Nicolas Otamendi.

    Youngster Eric Garcia put in some impressive displays towards the end of the season, but City – who have also been linked with Napoli star Kalidou Koulibaly – have now moved to bolster their defensive ranks, with Ake joining from relegated Bournemouth.

    The 25-year-old Netherlands international, who Bournemouth signed permanently from Chelsea for £20m in 2017, has penned a five-year contract at the Etihad Stadium.

    "City have been the best side in England over the course of the last decade," he told his new club's website.

    "Coming here is a dream for me. This is a top side full of world-class players. Everywhere you look in this squad there are big names with international pedigree.

    "Pep is a manager admired across the world – what he’s done in the game speaks for itself. The success he’s had is unbelievable and the style of football he plays really appeals to me.

    "I know I’m going to have to work hard to get into the side, but that’s what I’m here to do. I’ll do whatever I can to make an impact and help the team win silverware."

    After featuring in every Premier League match for the Cherries in 2017-18 and 2018-19, injury restricted Ake to 29 league appearances last season as Eddie Howe's side dropped out of the top flight.

  • Tuchel offers Mbappe update ahead of PSG-Atalanta Champions League tie Tuchel offers Mbappe update ahead of PSG-Atalanta Champions League tie

    Kylian Mbappe will meet with Paris Saint Germain's medical team before a decision is made on whether he will be on the bench to face Atalanta in the Champions League, says Thomas Tuchel.

    The France superstar suffered a serious ankle sprain in PSG's 1-0 Coupe de France final victory over Saint-Etienne last month and scans ruled him out for around three weeks, seemingly confirming his absence against Atalanta.

    Head coach Tuchel later said Mbappe needs "a miracle" to play in the quarter-final, which will take place in Lisbon next Wednesday, while the World Cup winner sat out the Coupe de la Ligue final versus Lyon.

    Tuchel was again asked about Mbappe's availability prior to PSG's friendly against Sochaux on Wednesday and was unable to provide a definitive answer when asked if he will feature against the Serie A side.

    "For Mbappe, I have no idea," he told beIN SPORTS. 

    "He works hard, but he's short, super short. We will see on Saturday with the doctor whether it is possible that he is on the bench against Atalanta."

  • Messi will retire at Barcelona in three or four years - Bartomeu Messi will retire at Barcelona in three or four years - Bartomeu

    Lionel Messi will retire as a Barcelona player in "three or four years", according to club president Josep Maria Bartomeu.

    Six-time Ballon d'Or winner Messi has a contract at Camp Nou until the end of the 2020-21 season, but Bartomeu last month said he expects the superstar forward to sign an extension.

    The 33-year-old has been linked with a return to boyhood club Newell's Old Boys before hanging up his boots.

    However, Bartomeu has no doubt Barca's all-time leading goalscorer Messi will end his career with the Catalan giants, which could happen by 2023.

    "It's not just me who says it. Messi says it himself, that he wants to finish his professional playing career at Barcelona and it's the only club for him," Bartomeu told beIN SPORTS.

    "I don't have any doubt that when he finishes his football career in three or four years that it will be here in Barcelona.

    "Messi has it very clear. He's been here since he was a kid. He knows the colours and he's a part of the club's history.

    "He's the best player in the world. Not just right now, but in the history of the game. He's at Barcelona and has made clear he wants to stay here."

    Another priority for Bartomeu is tying goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen down to a new contract, as his existing deal has just two years left on it.

    "Marc is an excellent player and person, he has always shown that as a goalkeeper," said Bartomeu.

    "With the current situation with COVID-19, he said, 'Let's hope everything is calmer to talk about it in the future.' But his future is to renew with Barca.

    "We have a goalkeeper for many years because he is young. When everything passes, we will talk with Marc to finalise his renewal."

    Despite being yet to play a game for Barca, Francisco Trincao and Pedri have been linked with exits from Camp Nou.

    Trincao is reportedly a target for Leicester City, while Bayern Munich are said to have an interest in Pedri.

    Bartomeu has no plans to sell either player as Barca prepare for the future with a new generation of talent.

    "Trincao and Pedri are not for sale," he said. "Young players are coming who will be the stars in a few years."

© 2020 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.