PSG ultras issue Neymar warning

By Sports Desk September 14, 2019

Neymar has been warned to expect a rough reception from the Paris Saint-Germain ultras on Saturday after they claimed he has "humiliated" their club.

The Brazil international joined PSG from Barcelona in a world-record €222million move two years ago and, although he has generally performed well for the French champions when fit, he has been accused of doing little to dampen down repeated links with a return to Camp Nou.

Barca president Josep Maria Bartomeu was reported to have told key players he was confident of securing Neymar's return and last week he confirmed talks were held between the two clubs.

Reports claimed Barca made an offer of approximately €130m plus Ivan Rakitic, Jean-Clair Todibo and Ousmane Dembele on loan, but the latter's reticence prompted the deal to collapse.

Neymar was said to have been angered by PSG sporting director Leonardo asking him to release a statement insisting he no longer wanted to leave ahead of PSG's Ligue 1 opener, and that silence has not gone down well with the club's supporters as the forward prepares to make his first club appearance of the season.

"In a footballing sense, Neymar is one of the greatest players of his generation, but that's far from the most important thing for us today [Saturday]," read a statement from Collectif Ultras Paris ahead of the visit of Strasbourg.

"What we reproach him for is being disrespectful on several occasions towards our club, even to have humiliated it at times.

"He has put in place a disastrous communication strategy to try and force a move to Barcelona, one of our main European rivals, leaving his entourage to speak in his place... except when it comes to discussing his best memories [Neymar citing Barcelona's comeback against PSG as his favourite football moment].

"At a time when he has made no public statement, let alone an apology, he will soon return to the field at the Parc des Princes, and we are legitimately more than sceptical about him playing another season in our jersey.

"The Virage Auteuil, in which the most loyal supporters of the club are grouped [at Parc des Princes], has the duty to show him that all his actions cannot be without consequence.

"Therefore, we invite all the Parisian supporters who have felt hurt at one point or another to show him that he no longer has the right to make mistakes and the path of redemption will be long... very long. It's out of the question that we will penalise the team due to a single player."

Related items

  • Rumour Has It: Cavani wants Juventus move Rumour Has It: Cavani wants Juventus move

    With Edinson Cavani's contract set to expire, a move away from the French capital has been mooted.

    The Paris Saint-Germain veteran has been linked to David Beckham's incoming MLS expansion franchise Inter Miami.

    However, Cavani reportedly wants a return to Serie A and the titleholders stand out.

     

    TOP STORY – CAVANI EYES JUVE SWITCH

    Paris Saint-Germain forward Edinson Cavani wants to join Serie A champions Juventus, according to Calciomercato.

    Cavani – who has become PSG's all-time leading goalscorer since arriving from Napoli in 2013 – is out of contract at season's end.

    With limited progress on a renewal, the 32-year-old's representatives have reportedly reached out to Juve over a return to Italy.

     

    ROUND-UP

    - According to Sky Sport in Germany, Bayern Munich defender Jerome Boateng is eyeing a move to Serie A or LaLiga. The 31-year-old was linked with PSG during the last transfer window.

    - Former France and PSG head coach Laurent Blanc is keen on a job in the Premier League, reports in France say. Blanc was linked to the Lyon vacancy but the Ligue 1 strugglers have opted for ex-Marseille boss Rudi Garcia.

    - Passione Inter claims Crystal Palace are looking to sign Gabriel 'Gabigol' Barbosa. The 23-year-old Brazilian is starring on loan at Flamengo, having struggled to establish himself with Inter.

    Inter and AC Milan are both interested in Arsenal outcast Mesut Ozil, Calciomercato says.

    - Calciomercato reports Manchester United are competing with Milan for Barcelona midfielder Ivan Rakitic.

  • Paratici rules out Cristiano Ronaldo leaving Juventus Paratici rules out Cristiano Ronaldo leaving Juventus

    Juventus sporting director Fabio Paratici insisted superstar Cristiano Ronaldo will not be leaving the Serie A champions anytime soon.

    Ronaldo is contracted to Juve until 2022 following his blockbuster €112million transfer from Real Madrid last season, however, there have been rumours that the five-time Ballon d'Or winner could leave Turin.

    The 34-year-old scored 21 Serie A goals and 28 across all competitions last term, while he has four goals in 2019-20.

    Asked about Ronaldo – who scored his 700th competitive goal in Portugal's 2-1 Euro 2020 qualifying defeat to Ukraine on Monday – Paratici dismissed the possibility of the veteran forward leaving Juventus before his contract expires.

    "He is very focused on his current objectives, I do not believe in the slightest that he will leave at the end of the season or later," Paratici said.

    "He is under contract: we are very happy with him and he is happy at Juventus."

    Juve – seeking their ninth successive Scudetto – have been linked to Barcelona midfielder Ivan Rakitic.

    However, Juve have no plans to invest in January following the off-season arrivals of Matthijs de Ligt, Aaron Ramsey, Adrien Rabiot, Danilo and Merih Demiral.

    "We will not make moves in January," Paratici said. "The roster is complete and it is one of the best in Europe."

    While there might not be any new signings forthcoming, January could see a number of departures at the Italian champions.

    Mario Mandzukic is yet to feature for Juve this season and has been heavily linked to Premier League giants Manchester United.

    "We decided to give him a moment of peace because there was the chance he would be moving to Qatar, which then did not materialize," Paratici said. "Now we will decide together what the best solution will be in January."

  • Deeney turns down Reggae Boyz call-up because he has no real connection to Jamaica Deeney turns down Reggae Boyz call-up because he has no real connection to Jamaica

    Watford skipper Troy Deeney could play for the Reggae Boyz if he wanted to, and the country’s federation, The Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) has asked him as much.

© 2018 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.