Real Madrid 'best club in the world', says ex-Barcelona attacker Takefusa Kubo

By Sports Desk July 15, 2019

Former Barcelona youth player Takefusa Kubo labelled Real Madrid "the best club in the world" following his move to the Santiago Bernabeu.

Kubo, who previously played at Barcelona's La Masia academy, joined Madrid from J.League outfit Tokyo for a €2million fee last month.

The highly rated Japan international is set to play for Madrid's reserve team Castilla in 2019-20, but the 18-year-old has made an immediate impression during the club's pre-season training camp in Montreal.

Discussing his start to life with Madrid, Kubo – who spent four years at Barca before leaving in 2015 after the Catalan club were found to have violated FIFA's international transfer policy for under-18 youths – told Real Madrid TV: "In Japan there is a lot of passion for Real Madrid and I am very proud to play for the best club in the world.

"Players and coaches here are very friendly and I have been able to adapt very well, we have to take advantage of this opportunity, but you also have to have fun because not everyone has this opportunity.

"I'm learning a lot as a footballer and as a person, both on and off the field, I'm having a great time."

Madrid kick-off their International Champions Cup campaign against Bundesliga holders Bayern Munich in Texas on Saturday.

Related items

  • Bale challenged 'to show how good he is' by Real Madrid boss Zidane Bale challenged 'to show how good he is' by Real Madrid boss Zidane

    Zinedine Zidane wants Gareth Bale to repeat the performance he showed against Celta Vigo and prove he is good enough to stay at Real Madrid in the long term.

    Head coach Zidane claimed in July it would be better for all concerned if Wales star Bale were to leave the club, but a move to Jiangsu Suning in the Chinese Super League collapsed.

    With no other options for an exit materialising, Bale was a surprise starter in the LaLiga opener against Celta and responded with an excellent display, setting up Karim Benzema for the opening goal of the 3-1 victory.

    Madrid boss Zidane confirmed after the game that Bale would be staying at the club, and he now wants the former Tottenham man to perform consistently to the standard he hit at Balaidos.

    "It was a good game by Gareth," Zidane said on Friday ahead of Madrid's meeting with Real Valladolid. "He worked hard defensively. We want to continue playing this way.

    "We need to improve to achieve good things this season. These are talented footballers who want to play, and I want all my players to play a part.

    "What we want from the players is that they want to remain at the club, want to be here. A lot of things were said but now he wants to stay, we want him to play a part. He' s an important player, he's proven that in the past and he has to do that again, to show just how good he is."

    Zidane has similarly challenged James Rodriguez to impress, the Colombia playmaker another to find himself surprisingly back in the Madrid first-team picture as prospective moves to Atletico Madrid and Napoli have failed to materialise.

    "We're happy to have James back here at the club," Zidane said. "Let's see how things progress going forward. He's happy to be here. There are lots of games coming up and all the players are going to have a role to play."

    When asked if James could replace the suspended Luka Modric against Valladolid, Zidane replied: "We'll see. We choose 11 and three players could come in. And we have 24."

  • Rodri can play in same Spain midfield as Busquets – Moreno Rodri can play in same Spain midfield as Busquets – Moreno

    Rodri could partner Sergio Busquets in a two-man midfield for Spain because of his "incredibly quality", according to national team boss Robert Moreno.

    Manchester City's club-record signing has adjusted well since moving to the Etihad Stadium, starting the club's opening two Premier League matches.

    The 23-year-old honed his playmaking abilities at LaLiga sides Villarreal and Atletico Madrid, with Rodri now considered a potential long-term national team successor to 31-year-old Barcelona mainstay Busquets.

    Although they perform similar roles at club level, Spain boss Moreno thinks the deep-lying pair could work in the same side.

    "Of course, if there is a match in which we consider that the opponent is good in the air, or that we need more physical players we will try, without losing our identity, to include the players that can improve us in that department," Moreno told El Pais.

    "I think we now have players that have many characteristics.

    "Rodri has incredible quality, but Fabian [Ruiz] too.

    "We have Koke and Saul [Niguez], who were not part of the squad last time, but who can give us that touch football and also that aggressiveness they have with [Diego Simeone]. We also like to have that.

    "Simeone's style, while not being the football that I propose, I love it."

    Spain return to Euro 2020 qualifying action next month with games against Romania and Faroe Islands.

    Moreno took charge on a permanent basis in June after Luis Enrique stepped down for family reasons.

  • Rumour Has It: Barcelona prepare fresh Neymar offer as Paris Saint-Germain line up Dybala Rumour Has It: Barcelona prepare fresh Neymar offer as Paris Saint-Germain line up Dybala

    Will they, or won't they?

    Barcelona are trying to re-sign wantaway Paris Saint-Germain star Neymar before the transfer window closes on September 2.

    LaLiga rivals Real Madrid are also interested, so this is set to go down to the wire.

     

    TOP STORY – BARCA RENEWING NEYMAR EFFORTS

    According to Sport, Barcelona are preparing a fresh offer to prise Neymar from Paris Saint-Germain.

    Barcelona have already reportedly had an initial loan deal turned down by PSG, who are determined to recoup the world-record €222million fee they spent on Neymar in 2017.

    Real Madrid, however, are still said to be determined to trump Barca to the signing of the Brazilian forward.

     

    ROUND-UP

    - Should Neymar be granted his wish to leave PSG, the Ligue 1 holders are reportedly considering a move for Juventus forward Paulo Dybala. That is according to Tuttosport, after Dybala had been linked to Manchester United and Tottenham prior to the Premier League's transfer window closing.

    - Marca also reports goalkeeper Keylor Navas is close to leaving Real Madrid for PSG. Navas wants out after reportedly being told he will be Thibaut Courtois' understudy this season.

    Manchester United will not make an offer for Fernando Llorente, according to the Daily Mail. Llorente is a free agent after leaving Tottenham and reports in Italy linked the Spaniard to Old Trafford following Romelu Lukaku's move to Inter. However, the Red Devils are reportedly not interested in the veteran.

    Inter are close to signing full-back Cristiano Biraghi from Serie A rivals Fiorentina, reports Calciomercato. Biraghi was part of Inter's youth academy before moving on to the likes of Cittadella, Pescara and Fiorentina. Inter are said to be looking to include Dalbert in a swap deal for the Italy international.

    Inter and United are continuing talks over Alexis Sanchez, claim Sky Sport Italia and Sportitalia. More discussions are reportedly planned, with United wanting Inter to cover more of the Chilean's salary during the proposed loan spell.

    - According to The Telegraph, Leicester City midfielder Adrien Silva is poised to return to Monaco on loan. The Portugal international spent the second half of the 2018-19 season on loan at the Ligue 1 side. It comes after Sky Sport Italia reports AC Milan and Franck Kessie rejected Monaco's proposal for the midfielder.

    Roma are weighing up a move for Atletico Madrid striker Nikola Kalinic, says Italian journalist Gianluca Di Marzio. After re-signing Edin Dzeko, Roma are reportedly considering Atletico fringe figure Kalinic if Patrik Schick and Gregoire Defrel leave.

© 2018 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.