Tanguy Ndombele fuelled talk of a transfer to Tottenham as he admitted the Premier League club is an appealing destination.

Spurs are reportedly leading the chase for 22-year-old midfielder Ndombele as they move to strengthen the squad that lost to Liverpool in the Champions League final.

Manchester United, Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain have also been linked to the highly rated France international, who has impressed in his two seasons at Lyon.

Mauricio Pochettino's last signing was Lucas Moura from Paris Saint-Germain in January 2018 and it appears as though his next recruit could also come from Ligue 1.

"It's a great team, a great club," Ndombele told Telefoot when asked about Tottenham.

"They finished fourth in their league and went to the final of the Champions League.

"Which player wouldn't be interested by a big club?"

Ndombele made 34 appearances as Lyon finished third in Ligue 1 last term.

The former Amiens man started France's friendly win over Bolivia and 4-0 defeat of Andorra in Euro 2020 qualifying in June.

Leonardo has much to prove on his return to Paris Saint-Germain as the club's new sporting director, according to Willy Sagnol.

The Ligue 1 club confirmed the Brazilian's appointment on Friday, just hours after announcing they had parted company with Antero Henrique, who had been in the role since June 2017.

PSG retained their domestic title in the 2018-19 but once again failed in their quest to win the Champions League, losing at the last-16 stage to Manchester United in dramatic circumstances.

During Leonardo's previous spell as sporting director, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Thiago Silva and Marco Verratti were all brought in, the latter signed from Pescara when still a teenager.

However, Sagnol has questioned the impact Leonardo had in his one season with AC Milan, as the Serie A side missed out on a top-four finish despite spending heavily in the transfer market.

"Leonardo has done good things," the former France international said on RMC radio.

"He got Marco Verratti and that is very good, but today you are in a dynamic where you are in a much more targeted recruitment.

"To judge Leonardo, we must judge what he did. In Milan, they spent 200million not to qualify for the Champions League and they found themselves out of the spotlight of financial fair play.

"Leonardo's last two experiences as a sports director, it was a lot of expense and not the expected results."

From Madrid to Munich? Gareth Bale could be set for a new challenge.

Out of favour at Real Madrid, Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich are reportedly eyeing the Wales star.

With Madrid looking to trim their wage bill and raise some funds, Bale appears headed for the exit door…

 

TOP STORY – BAYERN WANT BALE

According to The Sun, Bayern Munich are ready to offer Gareth Bale an escape from Real Madrid.

Having already signed Eden Hazard, Luka Jovic, Ferland Mendy, Eder Militao and Rodrygo Goes, Madrid are looking to sell as Zinedine Zidane continues his overhaul in the Spanish capital.

And with Niko Kovac's Bayern keen to bolster their attacking options on the flank following the departures of Franck Ribery and Arjen Robben, the German giants are reportedly prepared to take Bale on loan.

 

 

ROUND-UP

- Radio CRC in Italy reports that Napoli have moved closer to signing James Rodriguez from Real Madrid, which would reunite the Colombia star with Carlo Ancelotti after he was lured to Bayern Munich on a two-year loan deal in 2017.

Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba will submit a transfer request in an attempt to force through a move to Real Madrid, according to ABC. Meanwhile, the Mirror claims the French World Cup winner is prepared to go on strike.

- The Mirror also says Mohamed Salah will weigh up his Liverpool future at the end of the 2019-20 season, despite reported interest from Juventus and Real Madrid.

- According to Sky Sports News, Manchester United are interested in West Ham defender Issa Diop. The Red Devils are reportedly willing to pay £45million plus a player. It comes as United struggle in their pursuit of a centre-back as they continue to be linked to Leicester City's Harry Maguire and Napoli star Kalidou Koulibaly. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is also reportedly persevering in his efforts to prise Aaron Wan-Bissaka from Crystal Palace.

- Premier League champions Manchester City have moved ahead of rivals Manchester United and Atletico Madrid in the race to sign Benfica sensation Joao Felix. That is according to the Daily Mail, which claims City's willingness to loan the 19-year-old – who has a £105million release clause – back to the Portuguese champions has tilted the transfer battle in their favour.

- The Daily Star reports Atletico Madrid star Antoine Griezmann will reject Manchester United's advances to team up with Lionel Messi at LaLiga champions Barcelona.

- According to Sky Germany, Mats Hummels is close to re-joining Borussia Dortmund from Bayern Munich. The 30-year-old defender left Dortmund in 2016.

David Beckham is keen to make a splash when Inter Miami FC enter MLS in 2020.

And he has reportedly identified former Inter captain Mauro Icardi as a player to lead the club's attack in the United States.

Icardi is out of favour in Milan and could be set for a switch to the sunny beaches of south Florida.

 

TOP STORY – BECKHAM EYES ICARDI

Inter outcast Mauro Icardi has received an offer from David Beckham's Inter Miami, according to Argentine news agency Telam.

Icardi was stripped of the Inter captaincy in 2018-19 and new head coach Antonio Conte is reportedly determined to sell the striker.

With Icardi's future in Milan uncertain amid apparent interest from Serie A champions Juventus, a move to Miami for the 2020 season could tempt the 26-year-old and his family.

 

ROUND-UP

- Inter's determination to part with Mauro Icardi is so they can reportedly free up funds to sign Romelu Lukaku from Manchester United. However, Corriere dello Sport claims the Italian club have rejected the possibility of a player exchange as the Red Devils look to include centre-back Milan Skriniar in a potential swap deal.

- The Sun reports Arsenal are ramping up their efforts to raise funds by selling maligned playmaker Mesut Ozil. The Gunners failed to qualify for the Champions League again and Unai Emery is looking to continue his rebuild.

- LaLiga champions Barcelona are willing to offer €25million to sign Borussia Dortmund left-back Raphael Guerreiro, according to Sport. Barca want to provide competition for Jordi Alba.

- According to le10sport, Ligue 1 holders Paris Saint-Germain are interested in Ajax and Brazil star David Neres, who is on international duty at the Copa America. PSG have also reportedly made an enquiry for Napoli captain Lorenzo Insigne, La Gazzetta dello Sport claims.

- The Daily Mail reports Tottenham are not looking to sign Sporting CP midfielder Bruno Fernandes, who is believed to be a target for Manchester United.

Paris Saint-Germain host Nimes in the first game of their title defence when the 2019-20 Ligue 1 season gets under way.

Thomas Tuchel's side - who are seeking a third straight title in France - then face Rennes, Toulouse and Metz in their other August fixtures.

Marseille's first league game under new coach Andre Villas-Boas comes at home to Reims. The first Classique of the season is hosted by PSG in October and the return game is set for late March.

Lille finished a distant second to PSG last term and their season starts at home to Nantes with games against Amiens, Saint-Etienne and Reims following in the opening month. PSG host Lille in November and the reverse fixture is set for January.

Monaco, who narrowly secured survival after the return of Leonardo Jardim following Thierry Henry's short spell in charge, are at home to Lyon on the opening weekend, when Ligue 2 winners Metz will be at Strasbourg.

After securing a return to the top flight alongside Metz, Brest will be at home to Toulouse first up with Nice versus Amiens and Angers hosting Bordeaux among the other opening fixtures. 

Dijon, who beat Lens in a play-off to stave off relegation, are at home to Saint-Etienne with the round completed by Montpellier hosting Rennes.

Ligue 1 2019-20 opening round in full:

Dijon v Saint-Etienne
Marseille v Reims
Nice v Amiens
Strasbourg v Metz
Montpellier v Rennes
Angers v Bordeaux
Lille v Nantes
PSG v Nimes
Brest v Toulouse
Monaco v Lyon

Leonardo has rejoined Paris Saint-Germain as the club's sporting director, the Ligue 1 champions have confirmed.

PSG announced they had parted company with Antero Henrique, who had been in the role since June 2017, earlier on Friday.

And the French club have moved quickly in revealing Henrique's replacement, confirming Leonardo – who left AC Milan in May – will take over.

It is Leonardo's second spell at PSG as sporting director, with the former Inter and Milan coach having taken the same role in 2011, before leaving in 2013 after receiving a ban, which was later overturned, following accusations he had pushed a referee at the end of a match.

"I am extremely excited to see Paris Saint-Germain again," Leonardo told PSG's official website. 

"This club has counted so much in my football career and in my life simply. I really had great emotions here as a player in the 1990s and more recently as a sports director alongside our President, Nasser Al-Khelaifi, when I returned to the club in 2011.

"I'm coming back to Paris with great enthusiasm and energy to be part of new club for which I have a deep respect."

Leonardo spent just one season as Milan's sporting director, and – along with coach Gennaro Gattuso – left San Siro following the Rossoneri's failure to qualify for the Champions League.

Meanwhile, Henrique's final season at PSG saw the club cruise to the league title, but fail in the Champions League and Coupe de la Ligue, while they lost to Rennes on penalties in the Coupe de France final.

Henrique reportedly endured a difficult relationship with coach Thomas Tuchel, who was said to have been frustrated with the club's dealings in the transfer market.

Paris Saint-Germain have parted company with sporting director Antero Henrique.

Henrique has been in the role since June 2017 but PSG announced he had left his position by mutual consent on Friday.

He is set to be succeeded by Leonardo, who is poised to return to the post he held from 2011 to 2013.

Leonardo had been serving in the same capacity at AC Milan, but resigned last month.

Henrique's final season at PSG saw them win just one major trophy. They coasted to the Ligue 1 title but crashed out of the Champions League in the last 16 and failed to win the Coupe de la Ligue and Coupe de France again, losing to Rennes in the final of the latter on penalties.

The outgoing Henrique also endured a difficult relationship with coach Thomas Tuchel, who was said to have been frustrated with the dealings in the transfer market.

PSG's statement read: "The club thanks Antero Henrique for his professionalism and commitment over the past two years and wishes him the best in his future projects."

Bayer Leverkusen have confirmed the signing of young striker Moussa Diaby from Ligue 1 champions Paris Saint-Germain.

Diaby made 34 appearances across all competitions last season for Thomas Tuchel's side, scoring four times.

But the France Under-20 forward has now completed a switch to Germany, with Leverkusen signing the 19-year-old for a reported fee of €15million.

Diaby becomes Leverkusen's second signing ahead of 2019-20, following Kerem Demirbay's arrival from fellow Bundesliga side Hoffenheim, though Julian Brandt has left the club to join Borussia Dortmund.

"The move abroad into one of the best and most balanced leagues in Europe is extremely exciting," Diaby, who has signed a five-year deal at the BayArena, told Leverkusen's official website.

"I am very curious about Germany, the special football here and the great stadiums. And of course it's great to be in the Champions League as well."

Adrien Rabiot has revealed he is in talks with Juventus over a possible move away from Paris Saint-Germain, with Manchester United also in the hunt for his signature. 

The France midfielder has been frozen out at PSG since mid-December after failing to agree a new contract with the Ligue 1 champions, with his deal expiring this month. 

A host of clubs are thought to be interested in securing his services but Juve – who are primed to hire Maurizio Sarri as their next head coach – appear to have stolen a march on their rivals.

"Yes, Juventus have been looking for me. We are talking," he said while on holiday in Italy in quotes reported by Corriere dello Sport.

"We are considering, we cannot say anything. I do not know. Juventus are a great club where every good player wants to go. 

"Manchester United? It's the same. I have to decide, for now I'm on vacation."

Rabiot has become an increasingly isolated figure at the Parc des Princes and in March his mother told L'Equipe her son was a "prisoner" of PSG.

The 24-year-old has won five league titles with Les Parisiens and made six appearances for France, though he missed out on a place in their triumphant 2018 World Cup squad. 

Mohamed Salah out and Nicolas Pepe in at Liverpool?

Liverpool are reportedly willing to sell star forward Salah in order to bring Lille's Pepe to Anfield.

Salah is coming off a memorable Champions League triumph with the Reds but could be heading out the door.

 

TOP STORY – SALAH COULD MAKE WAY FOR PEPE

According to le10sport, Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is prepared to sacrifice Salah to sign Lille forward Pepe.

Pepe took Ligue 1 by storm with 22 goals as Lille qualified for the Champions League and Liverpool are believed to be among the Ivory Coast international's admirers.

The Reds are so keen apparently that they are prepared to sell top scorer Salah, who reportedly has a complicated relationship with Klopp.

 

ROUND-UP

- The Maurizio Sarri saga appears to be reaching its conclusion, with Sky Italy reporting Chelsea and Juventus have reached a deal to allow the Italian to move to the Serie A champions. The former Napoli coach's return to Italy is set to pave the way for ex-Chelsea star and Derby County manager Frank Lampard to take over at Stamford Bridge.

- According to AS, LaLiga champions Barcelona are making back-up plans should they miss out on Ajax captain Matthijs de Ligt, who is the subject of interest from Paris Saint-Germain, Manchester United and Juve.

- Premier League title-holders Manchester City have been put off by a £90million price tag on Leicester City defender Harry Maguire, according to The Daily Mail. Pep Guardiola is reportedly eyeing the England international as a replacement for Vincent Kompany, while neighbours United are also interested.

- Liverpool are not interested in making another move for Lyon captain Nabil Fekir, The Independent reports. The Champions League winners came close to signing the France international last year but pulled out amid reported concerns over his knee.

- Carlo Ancelotti is still determined to bring Real Madrid midfielder James Rodriguez to Napoli, says AS. James' future is up in the air after Bayern Munich opted against signing the Colombia international permanently following a two-year loan spell.

- Cadena SER claims Barcelona head coach Ernesto Valverde is ready to sell Ivan Rakitic amid reported interest from United. The same station also says Marco Asensio is among the players on the market at Madrid following the arrivals of Eden Hazard, Luka Jovic, Ferland Mendy, Eder Militao and Rodrygo Goes.

- United and rumoured Madrid target Paul Pogba has no intention of remaining at Old Trafford in 2019-20, according to L'Equipe.

Eden Hazard hailed Kylian Mbappe and Paul Pogba as two of the world's best players as the pair continue to be linked with Real Madrid.

Hazard was presented by Madrid on Thursday after making the move from Chelsea for a fee which could reportedly rise to £130million.

Paris Saint-Germain star Mbappe and Manchester United midfielder Pogba are also linked with Madrid, where Zinedine Zidane's rebuild is gathering steam.

While Hazard had little interest in talking about transfers, the attacker said the duo were among the world's best.

"I'm not here to discuss transfers. I came to play with the best," he told a news conference.

"There are new players already and we'll have some time to adapt.

"It's true that we want to play with the best and the guys you've mentioned are two of those, but I don't decide these things."

Madrid have already signed Hazard, Luka Jovic, Eder Militao, Ferland Mendy and Rodrygo Goes ahead of the 2019-20 season.

Goalkeeper Ciprian Tatarusanu has signed a three-year deal at Lyon after his contract with Nantes expired.

The 33-year-old, formerly of Steaua Bucharest and Fiorentina, spent the previous two campaigns with Nantes, who finished 12th in Ligue 1 last season.

Tatarusanu is Romania's first-choice keeper and Lyon said he will provide an experienced option "alongside" Anthony Lopes.

However, Lopes has been linked with Valencia, Porto and Roma.

Mino Raiola dismissed claims he was in France to finalise Matthijs de Ligt's move to Paris Saint-Germain as "fake news".

De Ligt, 19, has been linked with a move to PSG or Barcelona, with Manchester United and Liverpool also reported to be interested in the Ajax captain.

Raiola, the centre-back's agent, was apparently pictured in Paris amid claims he was sealing De Ligt's move to the Ligue 1 champions.

But the agent rubbished the reports, telling ANSA: "This is a classic example of fake news."

De Ligt is set to leave Ajax in the close season after an impressive campaign during which he helped the Dutch giants win the Eredivisie and reach the Champions League semi-finals.

Meanwhile, Raiola's worldwide ban was temporarily stayed until the outcome of an "urgent" appeal lodged on Wednesday, the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) confirmed.

Real Madrid have completed the signing of Lyon full-back Ferland Mendy for an initial €48million.

Los Blancos announced the arrival of the France international on a deal until June 2025, with Lyon confirming they have received €48m up front with a further €5m in add-ons.

Mendy has spent the past two seasons with Lyon after joining from Le Havre in June 2017.

It marks another foray in the transfer market for Madrid, who have already bolstered their ranks for next season with the signings of Eder Militao, Luka Jovic and Eden Hazard.

Zinedine Zidane has swiftly bolstered his squad after Madrid disappointingly finished third in LaLiga last term and crashed out of the Champions League in the last 16.

The arrival of Mendy is also sure to spark speculation about the future of Brazil left-back Marcelo, with Sergio Reguilon and Theo Hernandez adding competition for the position.

Mendy, 24, made 30 Ligue 1 appearances for Lyon and also started eight times in the Champions League.

He has won four caps for world champions France after making his debut in November.

Real Madrid have completed the signing of Lyon full-back Ferland Mendy for an initial €48million.

Los Blancos announced the arrival of the France international on a deal until June 2025, with Lyon confirming they have received €48m up front with a further €5m in add-ons.

Mendy has spent the past two seasons with Lyon after joining from Le Havre in June 2017.

It marks another foray in the transfer market for Madrid, who have already bolstered their ranks for next season with the signings of Eder Militao, Luka Jovic and Eden Hazard.

© 2018 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.