Rumour Has It: Real Madrid target Mbappe may still re-sign with PSG

By Sports Desk January 09, 2022

Kylian Mbappe is widely expected to join Real Madrid at the end of this season.

The 23-year-old attacker has stalled on a new contract offer at Paris Saint-Germain.

Madrid have been circling for Mbappe's signature for a long time and had multiple bids rejected in 2021.

 

TOP STORY – MBAPPE COULD STILL RE-SIGN WITH PSG

Mbappe could spring a surprise and renew his current PSG deal prior to the end of this season, claims Le Parisien.

The 2018 World Cup winner had been expected to become a free agent when his contract expires on June 30 and join Madrid .

Le Parisien claims that PSG have hope that Mbappe may pen an extension to force a transfer fee from Los Blancos, should they pursue a move. Mbappe is still undecided on his future, according to the report.

 

ROUND-UP

- Manchester United 's superstar forward Cristiano Ronaldo has held crisis talks with his agent Jorge Mendes as he considers his future with the Red Devils, according to The Sun. Ronaldo reportedly may leave United depending on their choice of a new permanent manager.

- El Nacional claims that Liverpool are ready to offer Barcelona teenager Gavi a deal worth £80,000 (€96k) per week to secure his signature, while Manchester City are also interested. Barca have a £42m (€50m) release cause in the 17-year-old's contract.

- Arsenal want to sign a new midfielder in January with Lyon's Bruno Guimaraes on their radar while a loan deal for Arthur Melo was discussed but has not advanced to talks with Juventus yet, claims Fabrizio Romano.

- Argentinean forward Dario Benedetto is set to return to his homeland to join Boca Juniors from Marseille although the deal may take several days to complete, reports Cesar Luis Merlo.

- Nicolo Schira claims that Newcastle United have opened discussions with Sevilla on a four-year deal to sign Brazilian defender Diego Carlos .

- West Ham United and Newcastle may be priced out of their pursuit for Marseille's Boubacar Kamara,  who wants a £150,000-per-week (€180k) deal according to The Sun.

Related items

  • Christensen hopes Azpilicueta and Alonso follow him from Chelsea to Barcelona Christensen hopes Azpilicueta and Alonso follow him from Chelsea to Barcelona

    Andreas Christensen hopes he is not the only defender to leave Chelsea for Barcelona this close season, with Cesar Azpilicueta and Marcos Alonso both appearing to be targets for the Catalan club.

    Christensen was presented as a Barca player on Thursday after departing Stamford Bridge at the end of his contract.

    Spain internationals Azpilicueta and Alonso have been linked to the Camp Nou giants, too, and Christensen revealed he had discussed the move with both players.

    "I spoke to them and told them I was going to Barca," he said in a news conference. "They are great friends, and hopefully I can play with them.

    "I haven't met my team-mates here yet, who have a lot of quality, but I do want to play with [Azpilicueta and Alonso] again next season."

    Barca sporting advisor Jordi Cruyff was also asked about the Blues pair and said: "It is true that the change of ownership at Chelsea delays everything a bit.

    "We want to reinforce several positions of the team, and we have several names on the table.

    "What has struck me the most is that all the players open their eyes when they hear the name of Barca and are willing to lose money to adapt to the salary scale.

    "We are proud to see how people are willing to lose money to come to this club. The new wage structure must be fair and stable.

    "We don't want to talk about names, because they have a contract with their clubs, but it is true that we are looking to reinforce positions that we consider fundamental."

  • Barcelona 'waiting for Bayern's response' after Lewandowski bid Barcelona 'waiting for Bayern's response' after Lewandowski bid

    Barcelona have made a bid for Robert Lewandowski but are yet to hear back from Bayern Munich, Joan Laporta has revealed.

    Lewandowski emerged as a top target for the Blaugrana towards the end of the 2021-22 season, having enjoyed another outstanding campaign at Bayern.

    The forward, who turns 34 next month, scored 50 goals in all competitions to lead all players across Europe's top five leagues.

    He also topped the charts in netting once every 80 minutes on average.

    Lewandowski has made clear he would be open to a move to Barca, but progress has been slow while the club have wrapped up other signings.

    Franck Kessie and Andreas Christensen were presented at Camp Nou on consecutive days this week, with Barcelona president Laporta insisting there would be no further incoming business until the club had addressed their financial situation.

    That is not the only reason Lewandowski is not yet a Barca player, though, as Laporta suggested the ball remained in Bayern's court – even if the Bundesliga champions have publicly stated a desire to keep their star man.

    "You know we've made an offer for Lewandowski, and we're waiting for Bayern's response," the president said at Christensen's news conference on Thursday.

    "I want to thank the player for his gestures to come. [Bayern] must be evaluating the offer, and we are waiting for the answer."

    Laporta was also again asked about Cristiano Ronaldo, as he had been when appearing alongside Kessie the previous day.

    The Barca chief was reluctant to discuss Ronaldo specifically but had not been surprised by links to the wantaway Manchester United forward, who spent nine years at rivals Real Madrid.

    "We have the great luck that most players want to come to Barca," Laporta said. "When the possibility opens, they consider it and get excited.

    "We have seen this, and we have this great luck – for our history, the players we have had and what we have achieved.

    "I don't go into names, I'm talking in general. There are great players who are in big clubs, but when there is the option of Barca, they consider it.

    "Barca is still very attractive, and the credibility and illusion have returned. The proof is that players like Christensen want to continue their sporting career at Barca.

    "We will return to normal and go into the transfer market with greater guarantees of success."

  • Leeds continue signing spree by bringing in Sinisterra from Feyenoord Leeds continue signing spree by bringing in Sinisterra from Feyenoord

    Leeds United have confirmed the signing of Colombia international Luis Sinisterra from Feyenoord, with the 23-year-old penning a five-year deal at Elland Road.

    The winger, who is the sixth capture of a busy off-season for the Whites, joins for a reported fee of £21.3million (€25m).

    Sinisterra follows United States duo Brendan Aaronson and Tyler Adams, Denmark's Rasmus Kristensen and the pair of Marc Roca and Darko Gyabi through the door at Elland Road.

    Leeds have moved to bolster their squad having survived relegation only on the final day last season and then lost Kalvin Phillips to Manchester City, with Brazil winger Raphinha's departure also anticipated.

    Sinisterra, who registered 23 goals and 14 assists in 49 games last term for Feyenoord, will add to Jesse Marsch's wide options alongside Aaronson, Daniel James and Jack Harrison.

    "I am very happy to be here in this beautiful club," Sinisterra said.

    "I know it's a historic club with beautiful fans. I heard a lot of things about the stadium and atmosphere, it's amazing, so I can't wait to feel that in person.

    "It was my dream when I was a child [to play in the Premier League], right now I am close to making that. Of course, I will work to bring quality to Leeds.

    "This is my feeling, that I want to do the same or even more for this team and for the fans.

    "I think it is also one of my characteristics, to enjoy and make the fans happy with my skills, my quality, and hopefully I can do that here at Elland Road."

© 2022 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.