Rumour Has It: Saudi Arabian giants Al Nassr make £186m three-year offer to Ronaldo

By Sports Desk November 27, 2022

Cristiano Ronaldo became a free agent earlier this week after mutually agreeing with Manchester United to terminate his contract.

Ronaldo's availability has prompted numerous clubs to weigh up moves for the five-time Ballon d'Or winner.

Brazilian giants Flamengo and Saudi Arabian powerhouse Al Hilal have been linked with Ronaldo in recent days.

AL NASSR OFFER LUCRATIVE DEAL TO FREE AGENT RONALDO

CBS claims Saudi Arabian club Al Nassr have offered Cristiano Ronaldo a three-year deal worth £186m.

The deal would see Ronaldo play into his 40s, with Al Nassr having resumed talks with his representatives having initiated them in the close season.

An unnamed Saudi Arabian club reportedly made an offer for the 37-year-old Portuguese prior to the start of this campaign.

Al Nassr are nine-time Saudi Arabian champions and ex-Lyon and Roma boss Rudi Garcia is their head coach.

ROUND-UP

Cody Gakpo and Milan's Rafael Leao are top of Erik ten Hag's wish list to replace Ronaldo at Manchester United in January, claims ESPN.

- Arsenal are set to beat Newcastle United to sign Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder Mykhailo Mudryk for approximately £40 million, reports The Mirror.

- Bayern Munich are the latest club to enter the race to sign West Ham's England international Declan Rice, according to El Nacional.

- Juventus are planning a move for Athletic Bilbao winger Nico Williams, reports AS. Williams is contracted with Athletic until 2024.

- Milan are keen on Salzburg forward Noah Okafor, with the Austrian club asking €35m for him, according to Calciomercato.

Related items

  • Redknapp confident Kane will stay and win trophies with Spurs Redknapp confident Kane will stay and win trophies with Spurs

    Harry Kane will choose to stay with Tottenham and can win trophies with the club, says former Spurs manager Harry Redknapp.

    Kane scored his 266th goal for Spurs in the 1-0 victory over Fulham on Monday, equalling Jimmy Greaves' all-time goalscoring record for Tottenham and boosting their top-four hopes.

    But with the striker's contract due to expire in 18 months, it has been rumoured Kane may opt to leave to pursue silverware elsewhere, with links to European giants such as Bayern Munich and Manchester United.

    Kane has spent 19 years with Spurs but is yet to lift any major trophies, losing the 2018-19 Champions League final to Liverpool and finishing as an EFL Cup runner-up twice.

    But Redknapp, who handed Kane his Spurs debut in a Europa League qualifier against Hearts in 2011, is confident the 29-year-old will not move on.

    "I think he'll stay there," Redknapp told Stats Perform. "He's happy there.

    "He's got a fantastic contract, obviously, he earns amazing money. His life is good, got a lovely family. I think he's moving house and his life is good. He's enjoying his football there."

    Aside from Spurs' bid to repeat their top-four finish of last season, the club remain in both the FA Cup and Champions League as they look to win their first major trophy since the EFL Cup in the 2007-08 campaign.

    Redknapp believes the London side can provide Kane with a route to silverware, saying: "I think he feels he can still win something with Tottenham.

    "I think Tottenham could win a trophy in the next year or two for sure. I think there's got to be chances they'll win the FA Cup."

  • Klopp backs Lampard to respond to Everton sacking: 'He has everything ahead of him' Klopp backs Lampard to respond to Everton sacking: 'He has everything ahead of him'

    Jurgen Klopp has sympathy for Frank Lampard following his sacking as Everton manager and believes the Englishman still has a big coaching career ahead of him.

    Lampard was dismissed on Monday following a 2-0 loss at West Ham, which left Everton 19th in the Premier League and two points from safety.

    The 44-year-old was only appointed by Everton 12 months ago and left Goodison Park with a record of nine wins from 38 league matches.

    He was also previously sacked by Chelsea, but Klopp has backed Lampard to succeed in his next position after being given a tough time of things at Everton.

    "That's the business, that is how it goes," Klopp told reporters on Friday ahead of Liverpool's FA Cup fourth-round tie with Brighton and Hove Albion. 

    "I feel for Frank. He tried everything. It was not easy for him last year and he did well. They lost Richarlison [to Tottenham] and we know how much injuries can affect a team. 

    "Frank will come back. He's still a young coach and has everything ahead of him."

    Sean Dyche is expected to be named as Everton's seventh manager in as many years on Friday as the Toffees bid to avoid a first relegation since 1951.

    Former Leeds United boss Marcelo Bielsa is reported to have been the favoured choice of owner Farhad Moshiri, and Klopp joked Dyche's appointment may not be as clear-cut.

    When told Dyche is set to take on the Everton job, Klopp replied: "Is he? That's clear? But I saw Bielsa landing..."

    Everton, who are on a four-game losing run, return to action with a home match against league leaders Arsenal on February 4.

  • Klopp suggests FA Cup ties should be reserved for midweek days Klopp suggests FA Cup ties should be reserved for midweek days

    Jurgen Klopp once again lamented Liverpool's fixture list and suggested FA Cup ties should not be played on weekend days.

    Liverpool head to Brighton and Hove Albion in the fourth round on Sunday, eight days on from their most recent match – a 0-0 Premier League draw with Chelsea.

    It has been a rare week off for Klopp's men, who won both the FA Cup and EFL Cup last season, but the German is still not entirely pleased with his side's schedule.

    "We're not famous for going long in the cups, apart from last year," he said at Friday's pre-match press conference. "Cups are difficult when you have midweek games.

    "Now we have full weeks to prepare, but in our schedule, I'm not sure the FA Cup should be at a weekend. But we deal with it. It's not a problem for now."

    Liverpool are aiming to avoid successive losses against Brighton for the first time ever following their 3-0 league defeat at the Amex Stadium earlier this month.

    Klopp described that performance at the time as the worst he has ever seen from one of his sides in a coaching career spanning 1,000 matches.

    The Reds have since defeated Wolves 1-0 in the previous round of the FA Cup and played out a stalemate with Chelsea, which leaves them ninth in the league.

    While his side have won just one of their five matches this calendar year, Klopp is glad they have kept back-to-back clean sheets for only the second time this season.

    "Clean sheets are massive for us. Everyone waits for free-flowing performance but that takes time and it starts with clean sheets," Klopp said.

    "That Brighton game is still the worst game I have ever seen of a team of mine. Thank god as we have played a few games since then.

    "The first half against Chelsea we were very disciplined and we didn't give them a lot. We have to do that again against Brighton, of course."

     

    Liverpool have progressed from three of their five FA Cup games against Brighton, most recently winning 6-1 in a last-16 tie in February 2012.

    However, since the 1925-26 season, only Wolves (30), Sheffield United (28) and West Ham (27) have suffered more fourth-round exits than Liverpool (26).

    The Reds make the trip to England's south coast with a number of players still injured, but Klopp confirmed some key men are closing in on a return.

    "Diogo [Jota], Bobby [Roberto Firmino] and Virgil [van Dijk] are a couple of weeks from joining training," he said.

    "Arthur [Melo] is running a lot, so maybe two or three weeks before he joins team training, but he is looking good. Fabio Carvalho is still out and is not ready for Sunday."

© 2022 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.