EPL

Son responds to Kane transfer speculation: Nothing is decided yet

By Sports Desk June 03, 2021

Son Heung-min is not worried about talk linking Harry Kane with a move away from Tottenham and is instead focusing on his own future with the Premier League club.

Kane admitted last month he feels at a "crossroads" in his career following another trophyless campaign with Tottenham, where he has spent the past 17 years.

The prolific striker, who is currently away on international duty with England, has been linked with Manchester City, Chelsea, Manchester United, Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Son formed an almost-telepathic partnership with Kane last term, the pair assisting one another 14 times to surpass Alan Shearer and Chris Sutton's long-standing record of 13 for Blackburn Rovers in 1994-95.

However, amid growing rumours over his attack partner's future, South Korea international Son is not getting caught up in the transfer talk.

"Nothing is decided. Rather than worrying about his transfer, I am doing my best at Tottenham," Son told reporters when asked about Kane's next move.

"I want to focus on the national team and Tottenham. Maybe Kane is doing the same. He is busy preparing for the Euros with England."

The intense speculation regarding Kane's future comes on the back of a campaign that saw him earn his third Golden Boot after scoring 23 times in 2020-21.  

The 27-year-old is only the third player – after Thierry Henry (four) and Shearer – to achieve such a feat.

Kane also set up 14 goals to become just the second player in the Premier League era to top the charts for both goals and assists (also Andy Cole in 1993-94).

Those 37 goals involvements were his most across a league campaign in his career, while his 14 assists doubled a previous high of seven in 2016-17.

Related items

  • Diaz set for Milan return after testing negative for coronavirus Diaz set for Milan return after testing negative for coronavirus

    Milan playmaker Brahim Diaz is poised for a first-team return after testing negative for coronavirus.

    The Spaniard has missed the last three games for the Rossoneri after contracting COVID-19.

    Diaz, 22, was forced to isolate while Milan secured Serie A wins over Hellas Verona and Bologna either side of a Champions League defeat to Porto.

    Ahead of Milan's clash with Torino on Tuesday, the San Siro club said on their website: "AC Milan announces that Brahim Diaz has tested negative to the COVID-19 swab test."

    Diaz, on loan from Real Madrid, has scored three goals in Serie A this season and provided one assist.

    Stefano Pioli's side will go top of the table if they avoid defeat at home against Torino.

  • DeRozan and Bulls 'want to win now' after following in Michael Jordan's footsteps with 4-0 start DeRozan and Bulls 'want to win now' after following in Michael Jordan's footsteps with 4-0 start

    DeMar DeRozan insisted the Chicago Bulls "want to win now" after opening the season 4-0 for the first time since 1996-97.

    The red-hot Bulls preserved their perfect record with a 111-108 victory against the Toronto Raptors in the NBA on Monday.

    Chicago – the last remaining unbeaten team in the Eastern Conference – were busy in the offseason, having recruited four-time All-Star DeRozan, former second pick Lonzo Ball and 2020 NBA champion Alex Caruso.

    It came after the Bulls traded for two-time All-Star Nikola Vucevic last season.

    The last time the Bulls opened with a 4-0 record, Hall of Famer and six-time champion Michael Jordan was on the team in Chicago.

    "Part of the reason why I even chose to come to Chicago was everyone was eager to be successful, to want to win," DeRozan said after scoring 26 points against his former team.

    "Everybody had that chip on their shoulder, from the city to the organisation to the players that I spoke to.

    "That was everybody's mindset, it's all about winning now. We're not in a development stage, we want to win now."

    DeRozan added: "We've got a long way to go. We've got a lot more to clean up, to learn. It's a long season, man. [The 4-0 start] is great, but we've got a lot more basketball to go.

    "We can't carry this record like it's some kind of badge of honour; we've got to understand that the next game is going to be even harder."

    The previous two times the Bulls started 4-0 (1995-96 and 1996-97), they went on to win the NBA championship.

    "I think we have a lot of high-character guys, we all want to win and we want to win together," Ball added. "I think when you have a bunch of guys on the same team with the same common goal and the same mindset it makes it easier for the chemistry to click. That's what's going on."

  • Rumour Has It: Man City plot move for Barcelona's De Jong Rumour Has It: Man City plot move for Barcelona's De Jong

    Manchester City had a relatively quiet off-season in the transfer market.

    City landed Jack Grealish from Aston Villa in a big-money move but failed in their efforts to sign Tottenham star Harry Kane following Sergio Aguero's exit.

    But the Premier League champions could be more active in the January transfer window.

     

    TOP STORY – CITY PLAN FOR DE JONG SWOOP

    Manchester City are plotting a move for Barcelona star midfielder Frenkie de Jong, according to Calciomercato.

    De Jong, who also has interest from Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich, signed a five-year deal with Barcelona effective from July 2019, tying him down to 2024.

    The 24-year-old Netherlands international has made 11 appearances in all competitions this season and is yet to score.

     

    ROUND-UP

    - Fabrizio Romano claims Manchester United have made no official proposal for former Chelsea and Inter boss Antonio Conte yet amid doubts over the future of Red Devils manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer following Sunday's 5-0 rout at the hands of Liverpool. Zinedine Zidane and Ajax's Erik ten Hag are also possible options.

    - Manchester United's wantaway Dutch midfielder Donny van de Beek is preparing to make a January move with Voetbal International claiming he has swapped agents. EvertonNewcastle United and Juventus are all interested in Van de Beek, per Metro.

    Paris Saint-Germain will switch their attention to Bayern midfielder Corentin Tolisso if they cannot secure a move for Manchester United's Paul Pogba, reports Calciomercato. Pogba has also been linked with Juve and Real Madrid.

    Newcastle and Juve are contending to sign Barca forward Ousmane Dembele, according to Sport. Dembele is set to exit Barca at the end of this season and his agent has reportedly been in touch with both clubs about a move, while Liverpool and United are also possible destinations.

© 2020 SportsMaxTV All Rights Reserved.